What's new

US sending 20 more F-16s to Egypt, despite turmoil in Cairo

if isreal attacked us we have one of the strongest air defense system in the world if isreal air force attacked they will be facing our air force and air defense
but i dont think we will see another war between Egypt and Isreal soon

Egyptian F-16s won't be able to shoot down Israeli F-16s due to IFF. Plus, the EW suites possessed by Israel would shut down the SAM batteries.

JF-17 and J-10 would get blown out of the sky by the Israeli Air Force.

These two birds are simply not advanced enough to compete or challenge the Israeli Air Force.

F-16 is a much more formidable foe to the Israeli Air Force.
Disagreed! At least JF17 does not have a turn off switch to disable the system.

if isreal attacked us we have one of the strongest air defense system in the world

Are you serious? strongest air defence?

No combination of middle eastern countries can overcome Israel at this point. They have their own friends too.

Disagreed! At least JF17 does not have a turn off switch to disable the system.

Are you serious? strongest air defence?

No combination of middle eastern countries can overcome Israel at this point. They have their own friends too.

what do you think of the UAE F-16 E/F Block 60s comparing Israel F-16

Israel would tear all the Arab armies apart in a matter of days/weeks. Arabs aren't made for modern warfare.

As far as I know egyptian f-16's don't possess BVR capabilities regardless if they have 200+ of them including these new blk52's.

when you speck of superiority keep in mind that Egypt will not fight by itself if in any case a war erupts with Israel..

All American-made weaponry will be useless against Israel, no matter which Arab country possesses it. I seriously doubt the US Congress would approve the sale of anything to Arabs that could pose a danger to Israel.

The US sells weapons to Arabs for one reason and one reason only: to kill Iranians.

JF-17 and J-10 would get blown out of the sky by the Israeli Air Force.

These two birds are simply not advanced enough to compete or challenge the Israeli Air Force.

F-16 is a much more formidable foe to the Israeli Air Force.

The technology and training that issraelis possess is decades ahead of anything that's equipped on the jf-17s and j-10s, but tlets not forget they know these f-16s and their capabilities inside outn, add to that the egyptian f-16s lack of bvr, though israelies already specialize in anti bvr maneouvers and jamming technologies so these f-16s too wouldn't have a chance against the idaf.

what do you think of the UAE F-16 E/F Block 60s comparing Israel F-16

I have no proof for what I say but I believe that providers can switch the important sections off, in case it is necessary.

Are this new F-16 able to fire ammram or still handicapped like their predecessor ?

Are this new F-16 able to fire ammram or still handicapped like their predecessor ?

I think pilots can fire single shoot pistols from cockpit of these jets thats about all they are good for.:usflag:

are these officials sales or just part of the US military obligations?. AFAIK part of the peace treaty with Israel obliges the US to give 2 worth billion dollars of military/ equipment support for Egypt every year. (I may be wrong about the exact details). But the US will not give anything that challenges Israels superiority of course for obvious reasons which i need not to mention. If Egypt wants to compete with Israel they need to start negotiating for fifth gen Russian or chinese aircraft's. this process will be slow but it will be an excellent step forward.

But of course such step will not come without US pressure against Egypt. they simply don't want Egypt to have modern gets which compete with upgraded Israeli jets.

Instability in Egypt, where a newly-elected Islamic government teeters over an angry population, isn't enough to stop the U.S. from sending more than 20 F-16 fighter jets, as part of a $1 billion foreign aid package.

The U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military as part of foreign aid for Egypt back in 2010, when Hosni Mubarak ruled. The fighter jets were supposed to be delivered in 2013, and delivery will go ahead as scheduled even though Hosni Mubarak has been removed from power and replaced by Mohamed Morsi, who led the Muslim Brotherhood before becoming Egypt's president.

It seems that EAF will rely on AIM-7P Sparrows instead of AMRAAMs. US has habit of complicating weapon deals to Muslim countries with actual need. Governments in UAE, KSA are always inline with US polices (hence they pose no threat to US interests);they get all the goodies they want.

On December 24th, 2009 the US signed a contract with Egypt for the delivery of 20 new F-16s under the known Peace Vector series. Notification to Congress already happened last October, so everything is ready to finalise this deal. With this new order the number of F-16s delivered to Egypt raises to 240. Although Egypt has a large fleet of GE powered block 40s, the new deal compromises PW powered block 52 versions. The order compromises 16 C-models and 4 D-models.

F-16 Air Forces - Egypt :: F-16.net

Back
Top Bottom