What's new

US SEAL team was to surrender if surrounded by Pak troops

So ? Do you know how many Pakistani soldiers were there at the nearest base ? :azn: Or is there a Bollywood movie in the making again :D Being a commando doesn't grant you super-powers , grow up ! Why they didn't engage or radar operator didn't know is another matter for discussion ...

On Topic " That would have been the wisest course of action if they were surrounded "

Give it a rest to US can do everything ! We always heard how the Govt of the United States doesn't negotiate with terrorists and now they are asking Taliban to participate in the Afghan peace process ... Too many myths being broken in this war , huh ? ... Doesn't work like that ...

Jane dou bhai, to these goons its us like a movie....rajni kaanth vs the world.....lol

Waging a war with an ally would have worth it then , you mean ? :azn: Just to remind you , US-Pak relations weren't like today at that time ... Hence the proposal to surrender ...

Exactly my point, why you think 'leading from behind' book was written about obama on this particular raid

Jane dou bhai, to these goons its us like a movie....rajni kaanth vs the world.....lol

No wonder so many people got their posts deleted :lol: ... 6 Navy Seals would have fought their way out of an entire regiment of Pakistan army :rofl: Honestly !

Exactly my point, why you think 'leading from behind' book was written about obama on this particular raid

Pakistan didn't know a thing but the US president soon after the killing of Bin Laden addressed the American nation and praised Islamabad's assistance in the process ... Rings any bells ?

Lets be serious, US and Pakistan aint no allies in the original sense of the term.

Pakistan has no benefit from diplomatic ties with the US.

Lets get serious again , US had nothing to gain at that time with a direct confrontation with Pakistan , better to negotiate the release if they were captured ... Makes more sense than dumping the frontliners in the War on Terror when Talibunnies are giving you a hard time ... Getting your supply lines closed wasn't worth it , right ? :azn:

I agree :)

No wonder so many people got their posts deleted :lol: ... 6 Navy Seals would have fought their way out of an entire regiment of Pakistan army :rofl: Honestly !

Pakistan didn't know a thing but the US president soon after the killing of Bin Laden addressed the American nation and praised Islamabad's assistance in the process ... Rings any bells ?

Oh yes i do remember the speech, i was in uk at that time, and i didn't get to sleep whole night just to gather every first hand information.....as soon as i heard obama praising pakistan assitance i knew it we will face backlash, but they later on changed the statements.
Even the number of Kuwaiti was actually traced by isi,

When these people talk about Seal team vs pakistan army regiment , i think they just watching arnold from movie commando.....:D

Lets be serious, US and Pakistan aint no allies in the original sense of the term. Japan, Korea, UK, Germany are all allies and none are bombed on a daily basis. All have access to US markets and benefit economically by selling their goods to the worlds largest economy.

You didn't read my post did you, i mentioned the raymond davis fiasco in my above posts, he was a speacial force operator and a firearm instructor, now you tell me are they not bad a$$? But did he managed to escape, even thoguh he called for a back up,and a bullet proof LC did came to the rescue, and am sure it had some special forces operator too, but what did they do?......oh yes they ran away, and RD was asked on the radio to surrender.....so my dear as i said pull your crap together

Oh yes i do remember the speech, i was in uk at that time, and i didn't get to sleep whole night just to gather every first hand information.....as soon as i heard obama praising pakistan assitance i knew it we will face backlash, but they later on changed the statements.
Even the number of Kuwaiti was actually traced by isi,

When these people talk about Seal team vs pakistan army regiment , i think they just watching arnold from movie commando.....:D

Yeah , I watched it live from the D.C. ... Obama was very happy at Islamabad's assistance but later changed his statements ... I do not myself believe that Pakistan AF didn't know about the Abbotabad Operation or we were caught silently ... I am sure that this plan to surrender was considered when it wasn't decided to tell Pakistan or not ... The backlash did come , but the Americans needed and still need our assistance in this war ... You do not wage a war with people who have handed half of AQ operatives to you or control your supply lines , now do you ?

:lol: Certainly looks like it !

I personally think that PA personal would have given safe passage if they found SEAL in there way :P

SEAL are among top 5 commandos in world, A normal army can't compete with them.

stupid post

Special Ops main objective is to enter and leave arena of mission undetected as they are very few in numbers but very highly skilled to execute their mission in the most efficient way possible.

"a normal army" would out number them with firepower and manpower.

Yeah , I watched it live from the D.C. ... Obama was very happy at Islamabad's assistance but later changed his statements ... I do not myself believe that Pakistan AF didn't know about the Abbotabad Operation or we were caught silently ... I am sure that this plan was when it wasn't decided to tell Pakistan or not ... The backlash did come , but the Americans needed and still need our assistance in this war ... You do not wage a war with people who have handed half of AQ operatives to you , now do you ?

:lol: Certainly looks like it !

If you read the book by washington post editor 'manhunt' and watch movie zero dark thirty, both clearly showed that how aericans were concerend about response from army and f-16s were actually scrambled before st6 could complete the operation. I suggest you read the book manhunt , and leading from behind.

If you read the book by washington post editor 'manhunt' and watch movie zero dark thirty, both clearly showed that how aericans were concerend about response from army and f-16s were actually scrambled before st6 could complete the operation. I suggest you read the book manhunt , and leading from behind.

I surely will , when I get the time :) Thank you ! ... Of course they were , you are intruding in other country's territory ... What do you expect and dont you plan for it ? I am quite sure that this was considered before the Pakistani top brass was taken into confidence ... Otherwise , that is like saying , a heli should have just come by loaded with SEALS and got Raymond Davis out after he was captured ... :D

No offence to anyone and i salute all those who fight to protect their homeland be it an indian, a US or a pakistani solider, but those claiming seal team is the best and topper in the world ....blah bla bla, please explain to me, if they are so top.of the line then how on earth an illiterate, pathan with fucked up sandals and a naswar in mouth shot down a helo carrying 32 Seal Team 6 members with a decade old stinger missile?
Do i need to remind you people of operation red wing july 2005?

"a normal army" would out number them with firepower and manpower.

Did you expect wisdom from low IQ people who believe in " US can do anything and can always get its way " without having an iota of knowledge about the situation on ground ? :lol: ... I read their comments before US arrival in Afghanistan in '01 and I read them now ... There's a fuckload of difference ... Apparently , it all hasn't gone according to the plan and now there are talks of getting all those concerned on board for starters CAR's , Russia and China ... :D

This seems to contradict past reports who said the US forces were authorised to fight their way out. IIRC there were F-15s holding inside Afghan airspace just for this purpose- to provide cover for the helos if PAF F-16 got in the mix. Also there were 2 Chinooks full of SEALS who came in to Pakistan with the Blackhawks and were waiting in a field/river bed inside Pakistan who were to come to the aid of the assaulters if they got into trouble with local forces.

What was the point in these Chinooks then?

I highly doubt this is true.

What was the point in these Chinooks then?

I highly doubt this is true.

What was the point in engaging the front line state in War on Terror and your ally militarily when you could get things done diplomatically in the first place ? Does that make sense talking of F18's being ready to bomb Pakistan or Chinooks ready to get another 30 member of QRF team ? :no: ... May I ask what the heck would they have done against some entire regiments or companies of Pakistan Army ? ... The wisest course of action if Islamabad wasn't informed would have been to surrender when surrounded and then wait for US Govt to negotiate their release ... Why get your supplies blocked and make your life more difficult in Afghanistan ?

I highly doubt this is false ...

Lets be serious, US and Pakistan aint no allies in the original sense of the term. Japan, Korea, UK, Germany are all allies and none are bombed on a daily basis. All have access to US markets and benefit economically by selling their goods to the worlds largest economy.

What da H? My dear Wright, I didn't expect a balanced poster like you to say something so inaccurate?

American are still one of the top trading partners and export market for Pak.

Yeah we could 1000 times more export (like China, India, S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan etc) if we could keep our Mullah mad dogs on leash. So that ordinary American businessmen could come by and explore opportunities.

But your statement is waaaaaaaaaay out of truth.

Peace my dear man. Peace

Back
Top Bottom