What's new

US plans to keep nine military bases in Afghanistan: Karzai

Some of these will be just outposts.

Total number will be similar to the time of President Bush (12-15k).

That should have been the level all along

But President O had to show he knows better (but he didn't).

peace

No matter how many troops station there, I am happy to see USA committement to contain Taliban , AQ and like minded ppl. Sitting in Afghan USA can tame Pakistan rougue elements as well.

If PAK army change its attitude USA can punish pakistan as well (As def sec has already mentioned).

No matter how many troops station there, I am happy to see USA committement to contain Taliban , AQ and like minded ppl. Sitting in Afghan USA can tame Pakistan rougue elements as well.

If PAK army change its attitude USA can punish pakistan as well (As def sec has already mentioned).

THEY CAN NOT DO **** ALL SUPPLIES GOES FROM PAKISTAN

THE PREVIOUS SALALA ISSUE WHEN PAKISTAN STOPPED NATO SUPPLIES THEY WERE GETTING SHORT OF DIAPERS BULSHITEERS

INDIANS DON'T GET EXCITED THEY HAVE TRIED 11 YEARS LET THEM TRY FEW MORE YEARS RESULT WILL BE SAME

NO USSR AND NO USA CAN SURVIVE IN AFGHANISTAN

I think Afghanistan need USA for stable Govt. Taliban is evil for Afghanistan and it will try to expand again once US army leave but USA make a nice move.

and why do you think US military bases will destabilize Afghanistan. The country around the world having US bases are in good shape(Japan, South Korea).You are making biased comment and calls me kid and denies you pissed off state.

Afghanistan will need to do something now without foreign interference , that experiment has failed since its start in '80s with the Soviets campaign on the request of the comrades-in-Kabul .

Because for Afghans , US are an occupying power since its arrival and the condition has only worsened in the last 10 years for everyone , if they continue that would only weaken the position of the Afghan Govt which even today has so little power controlling an army which can barely hold itself . If you do not understand the ground realities or the mindset of the people then there's nothing to left to discuss more .

Second , you must learn to debate with civility rather than flaming with one liners and then accusing anyone of being biased or answering you the same way .

Sure , since the supplies come from space and do not pass through Pakistan . :azn:

THE PREVIOUS SALALA ISSUE WHEN PAKISTAN STOPPED NATO SUPPLIES THEY WERE GETTING SHORT OF DIAPERS BULSHITEERS

INDIANS DON'T GET EXCITED THEY HAVE TRIED 11 YEARS LET THEM TRY FEW MORE YEARS RESULT WILL BE SAME

Do you realize that supplying for 10K troops is not same as 140k troops. It will easier and cheaper to supply through air.

Do you realize that supplying for 10K troops is not same as 140k troops. It will easier and cheaper to supply through air.

Sure , do that .

But , the 10,000 soldiers aren't expected to make any impact / improve the situation when a million of them weren't able to do anything will full might of US war machine in the last decade .

Lease a few bases and fight alongside ANA , hardly changes anything except for making things worse for the Afghan Govt trying to control the country . The position of it weakens further .

Insurgents can easily exploit this .

You think we would allow transit trade in the case that Afghan Govt becomes hostile to Pakistan and directly and officially makes moves to harm our interests ? :no:

SURE AND ALL AFGHAN TRADE WILL ALSO BE THROUGH AIR AS THEY DON'T NEED A PORT FOR THAT JANAB

TIT FOR TAT THEY ATTACK SO DOES WE DIRECTLY OR IN DIRECTLY

Then why u opened the supply root. USA has already made it clear, if Pakistan will not help them, They can use punitive power (Remember "Bomb to stone age" and "we will do it again" comment)....

Fact: 30% supplies for 1 Lakh+ soldiers went thru Central Asia. Pakistan will loose the Supply route card after 2014. Independent of Pakistan USA can so many operations like "abotabad"... >P

Then why u opened the supply root. USA has already made it clear, if Pakistan will not help them, They can use punitive power (Remember "Bomb to stone age" and "we will do it again" comment)....

Fact: 30% supplies for 1 Lakh+ soldiers went thru Central Asia. Pakistan will loose the Supply route card after 2014. Independent of Pakistan USA can so many operations like "abotabad"... >P

Like they did with Iran?

Indians Keep dreaming that someone else will destroy Pakistan

na khelayn gay na khelnay dayn gay

sab taraf dabahi

What is there to overestimate ? the ANA is being trained for the last 10 years and fighting alongside the US army and still the situation is the same . Has it turned better ? If not , then why should I expect anything better from them when the US withdraws all/majority of the forces from Afghanistan .

A newly raised army with low levels of training and poor morale which cant operate without the coalition's supervision is nothing to boast about for now .

Conditions have improved in Aghanistan,now talibs have been cornered in small region along Pak-boarder.With time ANA would gain experience and confidence hence their working capability would improve only.They don't have to wage war with the army of neighbor countries. Counter insurgency is the only work which they have to perform and for that task they are adequately equipped and trained.In emergency as I said US force would proivide the air cover and emergency evacuation.

Then why u opened the supply root. USA has already made it clear, if Pakistan will not help them, They can use punitive power (Remember "Bomb to stone age" and "we will do it again" comment)

Because the apology came :azn: . US is in no position to threaten Pakistan with the same , the dynamics of the region have changed fast and the Yanks cant afford to wage another war .

SURE SURE

Like they did with Iran

Indians Keep dreaming that someone else will destroy Pakistan for you

Hum Zinda qoom hayn Hum jazbati Qoom hayn

na khelayn gay na khelnay dayn gay

sab taraf dabahi

Keep dream.. Stupid comments, You are alive QUaum, and other are dead Quaum.. :P

I am not talking about Pakistan distruction, I am talking about commitment of USA against Taliban/AQ and it handlers, USA will not allow anyone to revive AQ/Taliban (Be it Pakistan or India). If India will help Taliban USA will attack India as well.

USA and NATO are in war with AQ/Talibs and likeminded ppl... Hope u understand my point...

And distruction of neighbours is in your blood, In India we don't vote in the name of Pakistan and Kashmir, while you guys do... Hate is in your syllabus (source: Nazam sethi episode) not ours//

Because the apology came :azn: . US is in no position to threaten Pakistan with the same , the dynamics of the region have changed fast and the Yanks cant afford to wage another war .

It would be wise of us never to underestimate the potential for belligerence of USA.

Keep dream.. Stupid comments, You are alive QUaum, and other are dead Quaum.. :P

I am not talking about Pakistan distruction, I am talking about commitment of USA against Taliban/AQ and it handlers, USA will not allow anyone to revive AQ/Taliban (Be it Pakistan or India). If India will help Taliban USA will attack India as well.

USA and NATO are in war with AQ/Talibs and likeminded ppl... Hope u understand my point...

And distruction of neighbours is in your blood, In India we don't vote in the name of Pakistan and Kashmir, while you guys do... Hate is in your syllabus (source: Nazam sethi episode) not ours//

again stop with your rant of american commitment are you high :omghaha: saeen there is no such thing they only see their benefit

usa/nato is in war with AQ and in alliance with them in syria

the recent killing of Sanaullah in jail in revenge of terrorist sarabjeet singh tells who is blood thirsty

you have always dreamed of akhan bharat and destruction of neighbor is in your blood mukti bani in east Pakistan tamils in sirilanka and BLA in Baluchistan Pakistan your are indeed very stupid

I hope you understand that being off topic and derailing the thread is of no use and only results in a person being issued an infraction or painted pink . Also , you know nothing of Pakistani politics as evident from your post .

It would be wise of us never to underestimate the potential for belligerence of USA.

It would also be wise for Pakistanis not to overestimate the potential and raise the threat to disproportionate levels . We have a concept for " deterrence " .

This mindset of " Yanks can get anything by military power " is unrealistic and doesn't interest me a bit .

So much for the ANA is able to defend Afghanistan propaganda. :)

Contradictory statements by Uncle Sam.

Supply of body bags to continue to USA from Afghanistan. Feel sorry for those soldiers

Back
Top Bottom