What's new

US & KSA Together we prevail: Riyadh Summit 2017

Will these 3 Summits bring a huge change to the Middle East in particular and the Islamic world in g

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/saudi-arabia-has-started-an-arms-race.497210/#post-9501943

:rofl:

Brothers you need to check that thread out on the Mullah section where a monologue is expected as usual. Hilarious stuff and a lot of wrong data in regards to KSA's military as well.

@EgyptianAmerican @The SC @Gomig-21 @Gasoline @Bubblegum Crisis

Anyway that gave me an idea. Like on several Arab military forums we should create a similar thread showing the strength and current and expected (near future) arsenal of KSA, the GCC (all the militaries of the GCC act together and if 1 GCC state is attacked all others are obligated to help the attacked party so KSA would never go to war alone) and the entire Arab world. That would be useful for many users here I believe. Mostly non-Arabs but not only of course.

Also future indigenous projects (which are constantly in need of updates given the promising developments across the Arab world) need to be highlighted more than just the "Made in KSA" thread. I really miss the good old times where we had many more active Arab users from numerous Arab countries and a lot of knowledgeable people and defense "nerds". Anyway we know the reasons why they left so no need to write a novel about that.

@Gasoline @Bubblegum Crisis @Mosamania (if you are reading this bro, doubtful) @burning_phoneix @BLACKEAGLE (missed as well) @The SC @Rakan.SA @Frogman @Ahmed Jo etc. that might be a "job" for one of you guys. I could see myself attacking such a "project" if not for being busy with my Master's thesis until August.

I can't believe you still here. You have the same properties as material proprieties of diamond— if you know what I mean. :D
BTW good luck in your Master studies, don't tell me it's in engineering field ?

The $110 bn arms package was aimed to increases the local content to push up the industrial sector especially in military and help us make progress in our vision 2030 and it's not directed against anyone. Most of these equipment are defensive and some were planned years ago for modernization programs of armed forces & navy. Not to mention the suspended deals by Obama's administration! /:

Anyway, I can't get why people are surprised by this deal and constantly brags so much about it??

$110 bn doesn't represent a valuable consideration to us compared to the money & time spent on improving infrastructures and building industrial cities and related infrastructures to support KSA's economy. All these achievements are nothing without a "national security". Thus, we have to spend much on defense to secure our country and destroy enemies' ambitions even without firing a single bullet.

By now, we have almost 35 industrial cities and thousands of factories :smitten:;

a8b68a8c-695b-4172-8060-9c14cf4837de.jpg

53ca96bb-e2a2-4213-9076-5520307f1a0c.jpg

05c2e258-cec5-470a-a7bc-0bbe407a64e5.jpg

c26de281-dd24-45a2-9779-ac0342855423.jpg

C_Mu4V1XYAAp29b.jpg

C7hmIXMWkAA5nZU.jpg

C7hmIXMXgAAYrye.jpg

C7hmIXKXwAA5fmF.jpg

C64uy8CWgAAHDOk.jpg

C64uy8CWcAAkqTw.jpg

C6y38PDWwAEEe_t.jpg

Cz716SvWQAAqs0b.jpg

Cz716S6XUAE9WWT.jpg

Cz716SuXAAAnk8Y.jpg

Cz716S9XUAIaUkJ.jpg

Without a strong security we wouldn't have seen a multibillion-dollar deals & investment with KSA. :wave:

640x-1.jpg

• Defense:
    • Lockheed Martin signed an MoU for 150 S-70 Black Hawk helicopters to be assembled in Saudi Arabia
    • Raytheon will establish Raytheon Arabia based in Riyadh
    • General Dynamics agreed to localize design, engineering, manufacturing and support of armored combat vehicles
  • Industry:
    • General Electric signed MoU with Saudi Arabia valued at $15 Billion
    • Honeywell International signed a $3.6 billion MoU with Saudi Aramco
    • McDermott International also signed an MoU with Saudi Aramco with a potential value of about $2.8 billion
    • Boeing, SaudiGulf Airlines to negotiate wide-body jet purchase
    • Jacobs Engineering Group signed MoU with a value of $250 million

• Oil & Gas:
    • Saudi Aramco updates MoU with Rowan Cos for design and selection process for offshore rigs as part of the $7 billion investment over 10 years; Rowan will own and operate offshore drilling rigs
    • Rowan signed MoU with Saudi Aramco’s supply chain with an initial investment value of $1.2 billion
    • Saudi Aramco signed MoU for additional well services and studies into rig movements as an extension of a JV with Nabors Industries. The JV will see $9 billion of investments over 10 years
    • Nabors signed an MoU with Saudi Aramco for its supply chain with value of $1.6 billion
    • Saudi Aramco, National Oilwell Varco to create JV to manufacture drilling rigs and equipment
    • Weatherford International signed MoU with a potential value of $2 billion

READ MORE

Last edited:
Precisely. The US is the best partner that you can have to help implement the Saudi Vision 2030 and having leading US companies and thus by default world leaders in their respective fields on our side and a large amount of ToT and the best weapons that money can buy, is overall a great thing. Especially as tons of historic deals where signed on fields ranging from economy, petrochemical industry, arms industry, health care, education, security, technology transfer and the geopolitical aspect.

All this while at the same time cultivating close and growing ties with countries such as China, South Korea, Japan, UK, France, Ukraine, Indonesia, fellow Arab countries within the GCC and outside of it, Pakistan etc.

Also news like this are what makes those historic deals a completely different beast altogether compared to the usual "we sell you buy".

Mutual beneficial (hopefully) investments in both countries that will create 1000's of new jobs and hopefully contribute to the overall development in KSA.
I used to be a skeptic of Saudi foreign policy [not long ago] but now I see the bigger picture. I am not sure who deserves credit for this but Saudi leadership has demonstrated excellence in vision and judgment over time. Blessings of Allah Almighty also make difference.

KSA and the US are benefiting from each others partnership and it is not a one-sided relationship. In fact the trade balance is in favor of KSA as things stand. The US has invested 100's of billions into the Saudi Arabian economy since the 1940's and similarly KSA has invested A LOT of money in the US. The US has helped educate 800.000 Saudi Arabian students since the 1960's who later on shaped all of our industries and will continue to do so. Several Saudi Arabian universities (the highest ranked in the Muslim world per most surveys) also have very valuable partnerships with their American counterparts. Then you have the security/terrorism aspect. US companies have played an important role in KSA's amazing rise since the 1940's as well.
A 'win-win' scenario in the nutshell.

Sure, the US is not perfect but neither is KSA. For that matter which country or partnership is that? None. All I can say is that I rather be a partner of the US than Russia. I have seen the state of pro-Russian Arab/Muslim countries (even resource rich ones such as Algeria etc.) and it is not something that pro-US Arab/Muslim countries should envy or aspire to.

With all due respect, everything that the US offers us and the GCC, nobody else can offer even remotely close to. Maybe China in the future.
There is simply no substitute for the US in economic matters. Take a look at the list of top 500 brands in the world and you will see why. US is an R&D powerhouse and continues to innovate and reshape our way of life with its products. Even China owes its modern industrial renaissance to American investment. On top of this, US is the largest and most valuable consumer market in the world. Not surprisingly, US is the largest export destination for Pakistan as well.

China is a predominantly supplier-driven economy; it will stimulate your imports but a fair trade is one in which you get to export some and your imports do not become a strain on your economy in the long-term.

Anyhow, I see the wisdom in maintaining diplomatic and trade relations with a large number of states. Not wise to put all of your eggs in the same basket. However, not wise to alienate your largest trading partner either.

Most importantly, I wish Saudi Arabia utmost progress and prosperity.

I also hope that my country will learn from its mistakes and look forward to diversify its investments and foreign commitments.

Last edited:
BMD-_Layers.png

The Patriot, the Thaad and the Aegis are complementary to each other..

They are Pakistanis believe me. Especially the old members. If someone just joined and then started trolling then maybe he can be false flagger. Their love for anti USA Iran goes beyond interests of Pakistan. But Pakistan top leadership isn't stupid, otherwise we would have been "isolated" pariah state like Iran long time ago.

I tell them to not get involved in Saudi-Iran wars on internet but they don't listen.
I have issues with what Saudi and Iran are doing in Yemen but interests of my country come first and that is staying neutral in their war

That explains it. I am not trying to troll here when I write the following but I have literally seen supposed Pakistanis (as I said they might be non-Pakistani false-flaggers trying to stir trouble up but I doubt that all of them are this) who make a virtue of appearing more pro-Mullah than pro-Pakistan. They have a habit of trying to stir trouble up between Arab users here and Pakistanis although they are not succeeding at this.
We are extremely anti US(and rightly so) :D
Our online community occasionaly goes over the board in being US and becomes anti everything

I have issues with what Saudi and Iran are doing in Yemen but interests of my country come first and that is staying neutral in their war

Hmm sorry but we can't stay neutral. Our economic interests are with GCC/USA/Europe. Not Iran (N.Korea twin) who at best of times threaten to bomb Pakistan (as if they have guts to do that lol).

Also western powers bombing terrorists in islamic countries only make things worse. It's about time Islamic alliance made it clear they will not tolerate terrorists in any muslim country. West can help with weapons. Pakistan can provide man power etc

if PDF was representative for Pakistanis, Nawaz Sharif would have been lynched a long time ago.
It is a representative of the Urban Pakistani youth
Pakistan has a population of 200 million and has been in perpetual conflict with its larger neighbor India (long-time USSR/Russian ally) so the US/West were probably more inclined to accept/look the other way/not go all out when Pakistan turned nuclear after India had turned nuclear previously. Especially as Pakistan always was, more or less, pro-US/West during the Cold War.
US had a bigger role in aiding our nuclear program than many think :D
Our scientists in the 60,s were all trained in US :D

Hmm sorry but we can't stay neutral. Our economic interests are with GCC/USA/Europe. Not Iran (N.Korea twin) who at best of times threaten to bomb Pakistan (as if they have guts to do that lol).
Neutral as in online we should stay neutral on the diplomatic front we should have a policy of defensive approach which we have right now
Also western powers bombing terrorists in islamic countries only make things worse.
Alsopolicy of funding them before bombing should end

Seriously Azzo? Can you stop being such a utter prick?

He is right. Most of their so-called "great" achievements are either photoshop, reversed engineered ancient Soviet and North Korean junk and most important of all none of it battle-proven.

Let them think that they stand a chance against cutting-edge (best there is) American weaponry and against advisories that outnumber them on every front be it numbers, economic power, political power, resources and practically everything.

Anyway we should focus on improving the GCC further rather than wasting time on North Korea II.

If anything that Farsi troll should stay out of this thread as it has nothing to do with him and as we have seen, he has only been good at trolling and inaccurate moronic posts.

But Saudi doesn't have any Aegis ships, and it doesn't have or plan to get Aegis ashore.

As if you know the plans of KSA or even what that 10-year old deal entails or what KSA/GCC has of future plans.:lol:

I can't believe you still here. You have the same properties as material proprieties of diamond— if you know what I mean. :D

The $110 bn arms package was aimed to increases the local content to push up the industrial sector especially in military and help us make progress in our vision 2030 and it's not directed against anyone. Most of these equipment are defensive and some were planned years ago for modernization programs of armed forces & navy. Not to mention the suspended deals by Obama's administration! /:

Anyway, I can't get why people are surprised by this deal and constantly brags so much about it??

$110 bn doesn't represent a valuable consideration to us compared to the money & time spent on improving infrastructures and building industrial cities and related infrastructures to support KSA's economy. All these achievements are nothing without a "national security". Thus, we have to spend much on defense to secure our country and destroy enemies' ambitions even without firing a single bullet.

By now, we have almost 35 industrial cities and thousands of factories :smitten:;

C_Mu4V1XYAAp29b.jpg

C7hmIXMWkAA5nZU.jpg

C7hmIXMXgAAYrye.jpg

C7hmIXKXwAA5fmF.jpg

C64uy8CWgAAHDOk.jpg

C64uy8CWcAAkqTw.jpg

C6y38PDWwAEEe_t.jpg

Cz716SvWQAAqs0b.jpg

Cz716S6XUAE9WWT.jpg

Cz716SuXAAAnk8Y.jpg

Cz716S9XUAIaUkJ.jpg

Without a strong security we wouldn't have seen a multibillion-dollar deals & investment with KSA. :wave:

640x-1.jpg

• Defense:
    • Lockheed Martin signed an MoU for 150 S-70 Black Hawk helicopters to be assembled in Saudi Arabia
    • General Dynamics agreed to localize design, engineering, manufacturing and support of armored combat vehicles
  • Industry:
    • McDermott International also signed an MoU with Saudi Aramco with a potential value of about $2.8 billion
  • Oil & Gas:
    • Saudi Aramco updates MoU with Rowan Cos for design and selection process for offshore rigs as part of the $7 billion investment over 10 years; Rowan will own and operate offshore drilling rigs
    • Rowan signed MoU with Saudi Aramco’s supply chain with an initial investment value of $1.2 billion
    • Saudi Aramco signed MoU for additional well services and studies into rig movements as an extension of a JV with Nabors Industries. The JV will see $9 billion of investments over 10 years
    • Nabors signed an MoU with Saudi Aramco for its supply chain with value of $1.6 billion
    • Saudi Aramco, National Oilwell Varco to create JV to manufacture drilling rigs and equipment
READ MORE

:lol:

Unfortunately I am still here but hopefully not for much longer. Chemical engineering, brother.

Exactly. Well said. The future is very bright and this is just one small step if you ask me. I would like to expand more but don't got the time currently to do so. Anyway I will soon defense - **** ;)

Puh-lease, you have no domestic achievements to speak of, your trolling is worthless.

Wrong. Not only that what KSA actually produces is genuine and not photoshop/ancient Soviet/North Korean reversed engineered junk never proven on a battlefield. And save your time with a long reply of your "achievements". Nobody here cares. Nor has this thread anything to do with your entity.

As part of Vision 2030, much of the new deals include clauses that part of the technology must be produced in Saudi Arabia and there must be transfer of technology agreements.

For example, the huge 60 billion USD deal done a few years back for F-15SA fighter jets include the stipulation that Saudi Al Salam Aircraft Company produce the Wings for conversions of old F-15S to F-15SA standard

The deal to upgrade the fleet of M1A2 Abrams tanks to M1A2S Standard has a stipulation that final assembly be conducted in Saudi Arabia

Taqnia Aeronautics has deals with Antonov of Ukraine to develop a new transport aircraft called the AN-132, with Sikorsky to develop helicopter production facilities in Saudi Arabia and with Rockwell Collins to develop Aircraft Avionics within the Kingdom

King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) has developed a strategic armed UAV called "Saqr-1" with technology transfers from Chinese UAV deals.

Denel Dynamics of South Africa has signed several deals with Saudi companies including a deal with the Military Industry Corporation (which has run the Kharj Arsenal providing ammunition for Saudi militarty for decades) to upgrade the arsenal to produce mortar and artillery rounds up to 155mm caliber as well as signing a deal with ITEAC group to produce ZT3 Ingwe Antitank missiles in Saudi Arabia

And there are probably more I forgot or not yet announced. I will take that over photoshop/ancient reverse-engineered Soviet/North Korean junk that has never been proven on a battlefield even once.

If anything that Farsi troll should stay out of this thread as it has nothing to do with him and as we have seen, he has only been good at trolling and inaccurate moronic posts.

Why do you have so much hate for Persians my brother? Are they not Muslims like us? I would like to hear what he says even if some of it is inaccurate.

but hopefully not for much longer.

:o::(

Why do you have so much hate for Persians my brother? Are they not Muslims like us? I would like to hear what he says even if some of it is inaccurate.

:o::(

I am indifferent to them. What are they compared to us 500 million Arabs and the Arab world on any front? Nothing is the real answer. So I have no reason to worry about them more than necessary. But yes, I do dislike most of them as most of them dislike us Arabs. So I want nothing to do with them as they are of no importance for us either. History has shown this and I doubt that this will ever change. The hostile ones that is. Those who are not, I have no problem with similar to any other people on the planet regardless of ethnicity, nationality, religion, sect, color, political views etc. Likewise I hardly consider the leading "Wilayat al-Faqih" drones to be Muslim other than by name given their actions.

I do dislike the Arab Mullah's too (that's an understatement and I consider this a duty and something that I proudly uphold) who have ruled them for almost 40 years and their cancerous policies in our part of the world. Let alone pro-Mullah drones on PDF that have a very annoying habit of meddling in internal Arab matters or in threads such as those which they often derail with their moronic nonsense. Not interested in that nor do I have the time for it currently and soon (when I graduate) never again. At least not here. Rather work in practice to combat them.

Seriously Azzo? Can you stop being such a utter prick?

He is right. Most of their so-called "great" achievements are either photoshop, reversed engineered ancient Soviet and North Korean junk and most important of all none of it battle-proven.

Let them think that they stand a chance against cutting-edge (best there is) American weaponry and against advisories that outnumber them on every front be it numbers, economic power, political power, resources and practically everything.

Anyway we should focus on improving the GCC further rather than wasting time on North Korea II.

But Saudi doesn't have any Aegis ships, and it doesn't have or plan to get Aegis ashore.

As if you know the plans of KSA or even what that 10-year old deal entails or what KSA/GCC has of future plans.:lol:

C_Mu4V1XYAAp29b.jpg

C7hmIXMWkAA5nZU.jpg

C7hmIXMXgAAYrye.jpg

C7hmIXKXwAA5fmF.jpg

C64uy8CWgAAHDOk.jpg

C64uy8CWcAAkqTw.jpg

C6y38PDWwAEEe_t.jpg

Cz716SvWQAAqs0b.jpg

Cz716S6XUAE9WWT.jpg

Cz716SuXAAAnk8Y.jpg

Cz716S9XUAIaUkJ.jpg

640x-1.jpg

• Defense:

• Industry:

• Oil & Gas:
READ MORE

:lol:

Unfortunately I am still here but hopefully not for much longer. Chemical engineering, brother.

Exactly. Well said. The future is very bright and this is just one small step if you ask me. I would like to expand more but don't got the time currently to do so. Anyway I will soon defense - **** ;)

Puh-lease, you have no domestic achievements to speak of, your trolling is worthless.

Wrong. Not only that what KSA actually produces is genuine and not photoshop/ancient Soviet/North Korean reversed engineered junk never proven on a battlefield. And save your time with a long reply of your "achievements". Nobody here cares. Nor has this thread anything to do with your entity.

As part of Vision 2030, much of the new deals include clauses that part of the technology must be produced in Saudi Arabia and there must be transfer of technology agreements.

For example, the huge 60 billion USD deal done a few years back for F-15SA fighter jets include the stipulation that Saudi Al Salam Aircraft Company produce the Wings for conversions of old F-15S to F-15SA standard

The deal to upgrade the fleet of M1A2 Abrams tanks to M1A2S Standard has a stipulation that final assembly be conducted in Saudi Arabia

Taqnia Aeronautics has deals with Antonov of Ukraine to develop a new transport aircraft called the AN-132, with Sikorsky to develop helicopter production facilities in Saudi Arabia and with Rockwell Collins to develop Aircraft Avionics within the Kingdom

King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) has developed a strategic armed UAV called "Saqr-1" with technology transfers from Chinese UAV deals.

Denel Dynamics of South Africa has signed several deals with Saudi companies including a deal with the Military Industry Corporation (which has run the Kharj Arsenal providing ammunition for Saudi militarty for decades) to upgrade the arsenal to produce mortar and artillery rounds up to 155mm caliber as well as signing a deal with ITEAC group to produce ZT3 Ingwe Antitank missiles in Saudi Arabia

And there are probably more I forgot or not yet announced. I will take that over photoshop/ancient reverse-engineered Soviet/North Korean junk that has never been proven on a battlefield even once.

I used to be a skeptic of Saudi foreign policy [not long ago] but now I see the bigger picture. I am not sure who deserves credit for this but Saudi leadership has demonstrated excellence in vision and judgment over time. Blessings of Allah Almighty also make difference.

A 'win-win' scenario in the nutshell.

There is simply no substitute for the US in economic matters. Take a look at the list of top 500 brands in the world and you will see why. US is an R&D powerhouse and continues to innovate and reshape our way of life with its products. Even China owes its modern industrial renaissance to American investment. On top of this, US is the largest and most valuable consumer market in the world. Not surprisingly, US is the largest export destination for Pakistan as well.

China is a predominantly supplier-driven economy; it will stimulate your imports but a fair trade is one in which you get to export some and your imports do not become a strain on your economy in the long-term.

Anyhow, I see the wisdom in maintaining diplomatic and trade relations with a large number of states. Not wise to put all of your eggs in the same basket. However, not wise to alienate your largest trading partner either.

Most importantly, I wish Saudi Arabia utmost progress and prosperity.

I also hope that my country will learn from its mistakes and look forward to diversify its investments and foreign commitments.

Well, said. I wish you the same. Hopefully we will work closer together on all fronts and this time around something tangible will develop as a result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom