What's new

US & KSA Together we prevail: Riyadh Summit 2017

Will these 3 Summits bring a huge change to the Middle East in particular and the Islamic world in g

• Yes

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
C_-GCtTVYAAZm1e.jpg

THREE SUMMITS. SHARED VISION.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia welcomes President Donald Trump and leaders from across the Islamic world and the United States for this historic meeting on May 20-21, 2017. United under a single vision – Together We Prevail – this highly anticipated event, the first of its kind in history, will renew our mutual commitment to global security and further strengthen already deep business, cultural and political ties.

Over the course of three major summits—the Saudi Arabia and United States summit; the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and United States summit; and the Arab Islamic American summit—historic relationships will be strenghthened through a shared belief in tolerance and collaboration. The foundation will be laid for a new beginning and the promise of a brighter future for all.

TOGETHER WE PREVAIL

As we bring the world together to confront violent extremist ideology, so too are we working in partnership with our American and Islamic allies to improve the lives of our people and strengthen our collective economies.

TOLERANCE AND PARTNERSHIP UNITE US.
A SHARED VISION FOR THE FUTURE IS HOW WE WILL SUCCEED.​

===========================​

STRATEGICALLY ALIGNED

Saudi Arabia is united with its American and Islamic partners in the fight against terror. We are embracing our responsibility to win the war of ideas and defeat terrorism through tolerance, moderation and compassion.

ECONOMICALLY INTERDEPENDENT
Diversification and modernization are at the heart of our transformation. Deep and mutually-beneficial trade and business partnerships between Saudi Arabia, the US and the Islamic world are helping to unlock our collective potential.

SHARED CITIZENSHIP
Through ongoing dialogue, strategic investment and by creating economic opportunities both at home and abroad, we are driving the changes necessary to secure a prosperous future for all citizens – in the Kingdom, the region and around the world.
A History of Friendship and Prosperity

MESSAGE FROM THE KINGDOM

It is our pleasure to welcome you to Saudi Arabia at this historic moment. We are immensely proud of the opportunity to host this unprecedented gathering of Arab and Muslim leaders and the President of the United States and to showcase the Kingdom’s growing dynamism and potential as a force for good in the region and globally. We look forward to igniting a dialogue between Saudis and with our international partners that we hope will continue long after the meetings have ended and which will foster new relationships based on a shared vision of a brighter futur.

The Schedule

Discover each of the events that will be taking place over the course of this historic set of meetings and the visit of President Trump.​

https://www.riyadhsummit2017.org/
https://www.riyadhsummit2017.org/
This is a completely new site in different languages dedicated to the Summit..

While I don't really have much hope for this summit, as I believe it won't accomplish much, I am curious as to what Donald Trump will be doing. I suspect that most of the intention will be on him.

While I don't really have much hope for this summit, as I believe it won't accomplish much, I am curious as to what Donald Trump will be doing. I suspect that most of the intention will be on him.

This summit will give the so called 'alt-right' a huuuge heart attack, perhaps even collapsing the movement all together.

It will be quite interesting to see what the outcome of this historic and symbolic visit will be. It is not by coincidence that Trump's first foreign trip will be to Riyadh. I think that something is brewing. Exciting times for sure.

KSA and the GCC should use this opportunity in their favor and do what is in the interests of KSA/GCC first and foremost and by default the Arab world.

The Arab/Islamic world and the West improving and increasing their ties would be a good thing. After all we are neighbors. It's better for peace, business and mutually beneficial relations to prevail over hostility and everything negative that this entails.

KSA/GCC should aim at having cordial ties with both the West and East and seeing our geographical position (geographic center of the world more or less and a bridge to both of those "worlds" and the African (Horn of Africa and from there Sub-Saharan Africa) one moreover this makes even more sense.

Just out of pure curiosity, what did you guys expect to happen or want to see happen? I think it is positive by itself that such a meeting is even taking place.

@The SC

A beautiful video of KSA (nice footage that I have not seen before) in this link below.

https://www.riyadhsummit2017.org

The part next to "Message From the Kingdom"

Do you know if I can find the video on Youtube or elsewhere?

the only way to defeat Islamic terror is to go after the radical Imams and madrasas. the Saudi King and his family know if they clamp down on Wahhabism that the masses will turn on them. It'll be like the French Revolution. I think the Saudi King likes having his head on his neck.

the only way to defeat Islamic terror is to go after the radical Imams and madrasas. the Saudi King and his family know if they clamp down on Wahhabism that the masses will turn on them. It'll be like the French Revolution. I think the Saudi King likes having his head on his neck.

Those so-called invincible "Wahhabis" (Sunni Hanbalis) compromise 25% of the population of KSA and they are almost nowhere to be found among Jihadists rather they tend to be some of the most apolitical Muslims out there who loyally follow any regime in power as long as they follow Islamic law and the key Islamic principles that they hold dearly, mainly a strict adherence of monotheism.

Secondly KSA has already undergone several changes within 12 months (more than in past years combined) that those supposed imaginary (once again) "hordes" of lunatic Islamists were supposed to be heavily against. Yet nothing occurred.

Imaginary "Wahhabism" has become a bogey word for every militant Islamist movement on the planet and a bogey-word for every single trouble within the Muslim world no matter how little it has to do with those troubles and problems. No educated person buys this any longer.

This was debunked 10 years ago.

http://muslimmatters.org/2007/04/01/the-wahhabi-myth-debunking-the-bogeyman/

Interestingly "Wahhabis" were nowhere to be found pre-1979 or even pre-2001. Funny stuff.

Find me a single Jihadi anywhere on the planet (past and present ones) with a favorable view of the Saudi Arabian ulama and who actually follow their teachings. You cannot do that.

Last edited:
Those so-called invincible "Wahhabis" (Sunni Hanbalis) compromise 25% of the population of KSA and they are almost nowhere to be found among Jihadists rather they tend to be some of the most apolitical Muslims out there who loyally follow any regime in power as long as they follow Islamic law and the key Islamic principles that they hold dearly, mainly a strict adherence of monotheism.

Secondly KSA has already undergone several changes within 12 months (more than in past years combined) that those supposed imaginary (once again) "hordes" of lunatic Islamists were supposed to be heavily against. Yet nothing occurred.

Imaginary "Wahhabism" has become a bogey word for every militant Islamist movement on the planet and a bogey-word for every single trouble within the Muslim world no matter how little it has to do with those troubles and problems. No educated person buys this any longer.

This was debunked 10 years ago.

http://muslimmatters.org/2007/04/01/the-wahhabi-myth-debunking-the-bogeyman/

Interestingly "Wahhabis" were nowhere to be found pre-1979 or even pre-2001. Funny stuff.

Find me a single Jihadi anywhere on the planet (past and present ones) with a favorable view of the Saudi Arabian ulama and who actually follow their teachings. You cannot do that.

then who is spreading this Islamic hate? who is funding it?

Just out of pure curiosity, what did you guys expect to happen or want to see happen? I think it is positive by itself that such a meeting is even taking place.
A fair question.

I want to see something realistic and tangible, not more words that have no real world impact.

then who is spreading this Islamic hate? who is funding it?

That's like trying to solve who is actually encouraging/founding/stirring up trouble in the Muslim world and non-Muslim world by creating wars and conflicts directly and indirectly.

What has those imaginable "Wahhabis" (Hanbalis who number a few million Muslims within KSA (clear minority) to do with 99,9% of the conflicts in the Muslim world?

So-called present Islamic Jihadism has many branches, causes and often it has nothing to do with religion per se but other factors.

Anyway I am Shafi'i myself and I really have no need to defend "Wahhabism" (Hanbalism) which I disagree with on certain points but in reality Hanbalism has 100 times more in common with the 4 madahib in Sunni Islam than it has differences thus I consider it pointless to discuss the few small differences that exist among all sects.

I am simply not buying this notion that some people proclaim of this imaginary "Wahhabism" being the root for every single trouble in the Muslim world or even 10% of it. This is a view shared by non-Muslim theologians, historians and other experts who have spent much of their lives studying modern-day Jihadism and social, religious and political movements in the Muslim world.

It is the same with the "Salafi" umbrella. You have a minority of loud Salafi Jihadists (the likes that can see themselves joining ISIS) and then you have the majority of Salafis who are mostly apolitical and strictly interested in emulating the Salaf (first three generations of Muslims) and their practices. I do not see any problem with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaf

The Salafis found in Europe (often converts from lower classes or former criminals - the type that often joins ISIS) have nothing to do with 99% of all Salafis in the Arab and Muslim world at least. I have seen how those converts (often Blacks and Gangsta types - no offense to those people) act in person and it is not a beautiful sight. They are not taken seriously by old school "Salafis" (traditional apolitical and peaceful Salafis).

Those people are often at odds with their host countries and have problems being caught between two cultures and worlds. They are often found in ghettos and from marginalized communities. Often males (teenagers or in their 20's) who are either lacking a education or who have no purpose in their life. Lacking a refined identity in other words.
They find guidance in militant Islamism (Jihadism), a strong community and masculinity (war, weapons, pride, honor) with a promise of eternal life and God-given guidance.

A fair question.

I want to see something realistic and tangible, not more words that have no real world impact.

I agree with that and hopefully we will see that happening.

Last edited:
It will be quite interesting to see what the outcome of this historic and symbolic visit will be. It is not by coincidence that Trump's first foreign trip will be to Riyadh. I think that something is brewing. Exciting times for sure.

KSA and the GCC should use this opportunity in their favor and do what is in the interests of KSA/GCC first and foremost and by default the Arab world.

The Arab/Islamic world and the West improving and increasing their ties would be a good thing. After all we are neighbors. It's better for peace, business and mutually beneficial relations to prevail over hostility and everything negative that this entails.

KSA/GCC should aim at having cordial ties with both the West and East and seeing our geographical position (geographic center of the world more or less and a bridge to both of those "worlds" and the African (Horn of Africa and from there Sub-Saharan Africa) one moreover this makes even more sense.

@The SC

A beautiful video of KSA (nice footage that I have not seen before) in this link below.

https://www.riyadhsummit2017.org

The part next to "Message From the Kingdom"

Do you know if I can find the video on Youtube or elsewhere?
I have no Idea brother, the videos on the site won't even open on my laptop! It is a brand new site using the latest media technologies.. it will eventually come on Youtube..

A fair question.

You can expect tangible result realistically, this is a summit like never before.. actually it is 3 summits in one..I am optimistic about the outcome..Since it is quite logical that if one (KSA) has huge assets to protect, it should ally itself with someone who can help protect them.. and there is no better partner for this actually on the planet that will go as far as physical protection than the US, _not even China as far as KSA/GCC are concerned_.. and why not at the same time make your best friends and allies benefit from this Alliance with the US.. This is in brief what this 3-in-one Summit is for..

I have no Idea brother, the videos on the site won't even open on my laptop! It is a brand new site using the latest media technologies.. it will eventually come on Youtube..

You can expect tangible result realistically, this is a summit like never before.. actually it is 3 summits in one..I am optimistic about the outcome..Since it is quite logical that if one (KSA) has huge assets to protect, it should ally itself with someone who can help protect them.. and there is no better partner for this actually on the planet that will go as far as physical protection than the US, _not even China as far as KSA/GCC are concerned_.. and why not at the same time make your best friends and allies benefit from this Alliance with the US.. This is in brief what the Summit is for..

I found it brother.

Enjoy.:cheers:

Really well done. Positively surprised.

You can expect tangible result realistically, this is a summit like never before.. actually it is 3 summits in one..I am optimistic about the outcome..Since it is quite logical that if one (KSA) has huge assets to protect, it should ally itself with someone who can help protect them.. and there is no better partner for this actually on the planet that will go as far as physical protection than the US, _not even China as far as KSA/GCC are concerned_.. and why not at the same time make your best friends and allies benefit from this Alliance with the US.. This is in brief what this 3-in-one Summit is for..

Well said. This is not your normal summit thus I will allow myself to have bigger expectations than the usual diplomatic meeting every 2 years between most countries.

We'll see, I remain skeptical.

We'll see, I remain skeptical.
Skeptisism is healthy sometimes too, still, there are a number of indicators that point to positive results.. and like you say, let's wait a few days and see.. but I do not expect to get the full picture of the results before several months after the summit.. Nevertheless, we will still be able to get a general idea of the direction taken during the summit in a few days..

Last edited:
This summit is anything but symbolic.

What we see before us is the go-ahead of new GCC/ME Security Architecture. This summit is also a way of US to consolidate its position in the new emerging world order.

Herein lies the current and future scope of KSA led military alliance. Comming on the heels of OBOR summit in China the significance of KSA-USA summit can't be overlooked.

In the coming time we shall witness more active security management by the GCC combine in GCC heartland and some interventions in nearby geography. NATO will be providing support and intelligence if/when needed.

So in essense it is coming of age by ME countries after the colonial era. In other words a NATO and islamic alliance partnership is being sealed in this summit.

Only through such arrangement the petro-dollar system can be secured. Hence it is a good thing for GCC and US led West.

Having said this we shall also see more economic and security diversification by the GCC states.

It is about time to formalise this new Security Architecture. I am glad that Pak is part of it. If one can draw together the heartlands of Pak, Turk and KSA led GCC then this Core area can become the Pivot of the World.

Despite their faboulus wealth our arab friends need to draw Turk-Pak heartlands colser to themselves in more structural manner i.e. economic-political-industrial-security.

However, there is going be a fly in the soup-Iran.

Let us see if they would like to join this HeartLand. Hopefully, they would become constructive and join.

All the best to arabs to take charge of their security and protection of their heartland. Just glad that Pak is there!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom