What's new

Featured US greenlights Turkey-made attack helicopter sale to Philippines but not for Pakistan?

Whats the reason for not giving the go ahead for Pakistani order? Is there something America wants from Pakistan that Pakistan does want to deliver?

Please dont say establishment is stupid blah blah blah.

Valid point but your post carries hint of victimhood which is not needed. US policy is largey driven by various interests groups pushing and shoving with the dominant theme gaining upper hand. Could it be that one very potent interest group, the Jews and the newly emerging interest group the Indian's who have gained lot of influence in the last two decades is influencing the decision with regards to Pakistan?

I would certainly expect the new NSA Moeed Yousef to understand this very well as he was a Washington man before his appointment with Pakistan government. He will be aware of the inner workings of US policy and his insight will be extrememly valuable.
In it's finality every relationship is transactional, even between parents and children although it may be dressed in emtional feelings.

What do you think the relationship between Britain and US is? Or between Japan and US? Or between Turkey and US? Interestingly Turks are far more harsh on the Americans but still keep to be America's darlings.

The clue in all this is how much value you bring to the table. That decides your bargaining power.
Not so much victimhood, as much as it is a geopolitical reality. Throughout history, great powers have always used poor nations to become unwilling participants in their geopolitical games. The Cold War between the USA and USSR was exactly that, and the new cold War between China and the USA is increasingly looking like it is becoming that as well, except now it has an even greater emphasis on economics, as China is more interested in spreading its influence via business and trade, rather than blood and bullets.

If not Pakistan, than another nation.

So even for indigenous military tech,turkey needs a US permission to export?
Turkey sounds like a vassal state of US.
Realpolitik. Turkey's military has been aligned and based on NATO/western standards for decades. So the cooperation between both sides is deep and far reaching(forget some ultra nationalist on here who think this can just be cut off like a ribbon due to emotions. lol ). So it makes sense that Turkey will obviously have many subsystems from western countries and its NATO allies. If all ties/cooperation were to suddenly stop today(like some naïve nationalists on here keep clamouring for Turkey to leave NATO and join the East. lol ) then it will have far reaching consequences for them. So the country needs alot of time(decades) to set up a mature structure to start getting complete independence/self sufficiency in this sector.

China's approval is not needed and India will never approve anything,
My indication was not towards Chinese approval but Chinese factor. China has become a threat to US now and US seems to be considering India as a counter to tie the dragon down. In this scenario any arms sale to Pakistan may prove detrimental to that cause.

Too much money at stake to let the Chinese have the deal all to themselves.
I don’t think it is too much money for US and China. Not sure about Turkey.
Pakistan needs the helicopters for COIN and CT ops on its western border.
Regardless, all weapons sold to Pakistan can, and will, be used against India in the time of war no matter what promises were made beforehand.

That is the reason US is unlikely to provide any significant arms to Pakistan now.

My indication was not towards Chinese approval but Chinese factor. China has become a threat to US now and US seems to be considering India as a counter to tie the dragon down. In this scenario any arms sale to Pakistan may prove detrimental to that cause.

I don’t think it is too much money for US and China. Not sure about Turkey.

India is only part of anti China alliance in Quad, but the main counter to China powers are still Japan, South Korea, and US itself because the real heat happen in SCS and Asia Pasicif, this is the place where military conflict may happen between US vs China, and I doubt India will join if such event really come true in the future

It might be possible but are those helis that hi-tec?

Not quite. There were reports that the Pakistanis let the Chinese take a look on the downed chopper during the raid on Bin Laden. And the Chinese made one atleast appearance wise based on that one.
Whatever be the Chinese advancements they have never quite reached the reliability of the American defence products. This might not be a convincing reason, but I have reason to believe in this current scenario Pakistan won't get it even if it pays with hard cash. Could have got them during Trump period in cash atleast but not now. The Pakistanis seems to have invested everything in one basket, China and that seems to have rung alarm bells in US. While Pakistan can do whatever it thinks best based on its interest, it also needs to convince US that it is still a dependable partner and her secrets, however trivial they are secure with Pakistan.

India is only part of anti China alliance in Quad, but the main counter to China powers are still Japan, South Korea, and US itself because the real heat happen in SCS and Asia Pasicif, this is the place where military conflict may happen between US vs China, and I doubt India will join if such event really come true in the future

India does not share land border with China. The only way India can fight China is in ocean where Indian navy is weak and has very few warships relative to China.

No urgent need for Gunships , we can wait 1 year for engine development

• 36- T-129 , with Turkish Engines are highly anticipated

Pakistan will also give green light for a follow up order with Turkey

No urgent need for Gunships , we can wait 1 year for engine development

• 36- T-129 , with Turkish Engines are highly anticipated

Engine should take 5 to 10 years. Even tech behemoths like Russia had to take 5 to 10 years to make ship engine after breaking relation with Ukraine in 2014 which was making all of Russia's ship engines.

Back
Top Bottom