What's new

Featured US greenlights Turkey-made attack helicopter sale to Philippines but not for Pakistan?

This is not the only copter guys, Chinese ones are always on the table, Grab them with significant upgrades and use them until ATAK-2 is ready.

I first joined around 2016/2017. Since then I've been saying these Judeo-Christians crusaders will not give us anything anymore.

But people here were busy putting on their suit and tie and evaluating this issue on ground realities. When they are out for muslim blood(apart from ones they can buy out). Others were busy making 1000 page threads simping over and fetishizing F16s.

US greenlights Turkey-made attack helicopter sale to Philippines

hoon araam a Pakistanio? I told this many times. The problem btw Pak/Turk Atak deal has nothing to do with US/Turkish relations. U.S. doesn't want Pakistan to rely on any other source EXCEPT Americans so that they can manage Pakistani establishment.

but wait.. you always hear this whenever any US official meets Pak Army Chief "Pakistan and US discussed matters of mutual interest" We don't have anything mutual. Our objectives and interests are completely opposite to the U.S.
Why blame USA and for that matter why blame Turkey. What has Pakistan Aviation industry been doing since past 74 years ?
7 decades and Pakistan cant even produce own modern helicopter. Shame on USA ? really ?

Why blame USA and for that matter why blame Turkey. What has Pakistan Aviation industry been doing since past 74 years ?
7 decades and Pakistan cant even produce own modern helicopter. Shame on USA ? really ?

Shall we produce our own AWACs too? Our own Jumbo jets?

Once you have developed that mindset the rest is easy! You'll have your own jet, chopper, missile , BOMB etc....

What does Philippines have that Pakistan doesn’t in terms of relationship with the USA?

The fact that Pakistan can play such an important role in resolution of Afghan issue didn’t stop US from not allowing the sale of these helicopters.
US decision is either punitive or indicative of repercussions. Either way one thing is sure that Pakistan is unlikely to get any more military stuff from the US. Atleast in the near future.

No way, what's the hurry, lets waste few 100 more years.

Point is no country (apart from Super Powers) makes everything it uses, for some products where Pakistan's requirements are small it makes very little sense to produce small batches, unless you are 100% assured of large export orders.

Pakistan should get it’s hand on some juicy Apache machines.

US policy towards Pakistan is quite clear now. They just want to keep us bound.

Point is no country (apart from Super Powers) makes everything it uses, for some products where Pakistan's requirements are small it makes very little sense to produce small batches, unless you are 100% assured of large export orders.
In case of helis, light chopper will always be a requirement due to variation in terrain like mountains and deserts and to combat natural calamities like floods and earthquakes . Pakistan had to make a tank and aircraft due to its defence needs. The threat from Pakistan's enemies is always there and it became ten fold after going nuclear. 100% assurances weren't there for AK in the form of MBT 2000 and for JF-17, however both proved successful. Having said that, own defence needs are priority than exports.

hoon araam a Pakistanio? I told this many times. The problem btw Pak/Turk Atak deal has nothing to do with US/Turkish relations. U.S. doesn't want Pakistan to rely on any other source EXCEPT Americans so that they can manage Pakistani establishment.

but wait.. you always hear this whenever any US official meets Pak Army Chief "Pakistan and US discussed matters of mutual interest" We don't have anything mutual. Our objectives and interests are completely opposite to the U.S.
" the engine export license did not need Congressional authorization because it was below the amount required by law for congressional oversight that covers major defense sales of $25 million or higher with NATO allies. "

What does Philippines have that Pakistan doesn’t in terms of relationship with the USA?

The fact that Pakistan can play such an important role in resolution of Afghan issue didn’t stop US from not allowing the sale of these helicopters.
US decision is either punitive or indicative of repercussions. Either way one thing is sure that Pakistan is unlikely to get any more military stuff from the US. Atleast in the near future.

This is new development. If you followed the news, Turkish ATAK sell to Philippine also get halted due to previous Trump administration decision not to give the engine, but now under Biden it has been reversed, so I expect Pakistan deal problem can get solved as well in the coming weeks or months

After 5 years of this deal, we didn't get even a nut-bolt of ATAK, and here you're saying "not all is lost"? I mean not Turkey but I must say the Pakistani establishment is stupid. I don't know who gave them such ideas to go for the hardware that has American components lol
When a contract is made, it is the responsibility of the seller to assure the buyer he will be able to provide the product. In this case it was Turkey's responsibility. The US has ensured the Turks get handicapped by restricting who they supply engines to . The Turks have learnt their lessons and are embarking on a programme to get indigenous engines ready for the ATAK. Whether they are successful or not remains to be seen(I only believe a promise is fulfilled when it has actually been). The Turks on their part are providing Pakistan with enough assurances for Pakistan to remain interested. I understand these are hard times but the Turks will come out of it with a compatible engine and an independent attack Helo. We need to support our brothers in this endeavour as the long term results are good both for them and for us. This is why we are not procuring alternatives and why we are sticking it out with our Brothers.
A

Need to stop extending the deadline. Just get the attack helicopters from China.

Back
Top Bottom