What's new

US DEFCON Warning system - Condition Yellow

EMP requires a "small yield,low blast warhead" exploded around 30Ks above in the atmosphere. DPRK has that bomb,all they need is an ICBM,even if it doesn't have a reliable REV,they can carry out an EMP strike. Estimates suggest around 200 million Americans will perish out of starvation instantly and the others will live in stone age.

Mainland USA is protected by the NMD system against ICBMs from North Korea, or so the rumors say. And I am pretty sure that if 200 million Americans perish, the entire world will move back to the Stone Age, with many billions dead.

Mainland USA is protected by the NMD system against ICBMs from North Korea, or so the rumors say. And I am pretty sure that if 200 million Americans perish, the entire world will move back to the Stone Age, with many billions dead.

You do realize that destructiveness of nuclear weapins is extremely over rated?
There wont be any such thing as 'nuclear winter'.
The last time Planet earth lost her inhabutents was due to that asteroid impact.But that was a billion times powerful than heroshima bomb.

The US was at DEFCON 3 during the CUban Missile crisis...shows you how seriously the US is taking this whole issue.

The US has a Nuclear First use strike policy - I hope they don't carry out a preemptive strike on North Korea.

The US has a Nuclear First use strike policy - I hope they don't carry out a preemptive strike on North Korea.

They cant as any large scale nuclear strike in NK will effect SK , Japan and even china.

The last time Planet earth lost her inhabutents was due to that asteroid impact.But that was a billion times powerful than heroshima bomb.

What does "over rated" mean? I am no expert, but I do know that nuclear weapons can kill millions upon millions of human beings in a second. That seems pretty destructive to me.

I assume you do know that now there are hundreds of nuclear weapons that are millions of times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb. Calculations of the amount of debris raised by exploding even a portion of such explosive power seem to indicate significant effects of the fallout, both radioactive and non-radioactive, for decades after the fact.

I would trust those sources more, Sir.

Most don't realize that any multiple nuclear strikes will reduce food production on the planet by a considerable amount... IF not a nuclear winter we will be starving to death ...

Sir, an electromagnetic pulse so strong to pose a threat to USA requires a nuclear detonation to generate, making it a nuclear attack by definition.

EMPs work best when the explosion is way up in the atmosphere, not on the ground. So any direct affect of the nuke will be the fallout from the explosion, but indirectly shut down all electric systems in most of USA.

Now the only problem with this is that they don't even have a missile that long-ranged. Taepodong-2 can only reach Alaska, and in its only test it blew up mid-way to the target.

EzioAltaïr;4153338 said:
EMPs work best when the explosion is way up in the atmosphere, not on the ground. So any direct affect of the nuke will be the fallout from the explosion, but indirectly shut down all electric systems in most of USA.

Now the only problem with this is that they don't even have a missile that long-ranged. Taepodong-2 can only reach Alaska, and in its only test it blew up mid-way to the target.

My only point is that to generate that powerful an EMP, the explosion, wherever it occurs, and whoever does it, needs to be nuclear. That alone makes it a nuclear attack against USA, leading to an all-out war, which will be much more than shutting down electrical systems, I can assure you.

My only point is that to generate that powerful an EMP, the explosion, wherever it occurs, and whoever does it, needs to be nuclear. That alone makes it a nuclear attack against USA, leading to an all-out war, which will be much more than shutting down electrical systems, I can assure you.

But an EMP explosion will destroy all capabilit of USA's retaliation. No electricity means no radar, no communications, no anti-missile system, no electric systems in airplanes: no fly-by-wire, and nothing else. USA relies almost completely on electric systems for it's warfare.

EzioAltaïr;4153707 said:
But an EMP explosion will destroy all capabilit of USA's retaliation. No electricity means no radar, no communications, no anti-missile system, no electric systems in airplanes: no fly-by-wire, and nothing else. USA relies almost completely on electric systems for it's warfare.

Including the nuclear submarines hidden in the deep seas all over the world? How about their international military bases? I don't think so, Sir.

There is much more to USA than can be taken out with one EMP, most assuredly.

Including the nuclear submarines hidden in the deep seas all over the world? How about their international military bases? I don't think so, Sir.

That is correct. SLBMs are the guarantee 2nd strike capabilities. Its not that easy to take out all US nukes.

Oops forgot about those. :D

Either way, Pentagon, the White House, all the Forts, bases for Carrier Groups and all these are in USA. So they may not be knocked out of the fight, but they will be severely weakened.

EzioAltaïr;4154631 said:
Oops forgot about those. :D

Either way, Pentagon, the White House, all the Forts, bases for Carrier Groups and all these are in USA. So they may not be knocked out of the fight, but they will be severely weakened.

"Oops" is a bad word when talking about nuclear warfare, don't you agree?

Even in a "severely weakened" state, the leftovers of the US military can finish off the rest of the planet twice over, so the initial attack cannot be regarded as a wise thing to do, I think.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom