What's new

US DEFCON Warning system - Condition Yellow

"Oops" is a bad word when talking about nuclear warfare, don't you agree?

Even in a "severely weakened" state, the leftovers of the US military can finish off the rest of the planet twice over, so the initial attack cannot be regarded as a wise thing to do, I think.

Agree with that, not exactly the US military but the USN - If the US comes under EMP attack bringing down their satellite operations, the USN can crosslink with either the European satellite consortium or the Israeli ones or the Japanese, Australian or South Korean ones to launch counter strikes that will wipe out any country in the world. They do not do joint counter strike exercises with other countries for nothing.

Agree with that, not exactly the US military but the USN - If the US comes under EMP attack bringing down their satellite operations, the USN can crosslink with either the European satellite consortium or the Israeli ones or the Japanese, Australian or South Korean ones to launch counter strikes that will wipe out any country in the world. They do not do joint counter strike exercises with other countries for nothing.

Please don't forget large USAF bases abroad, for example Diego Garcia, and many others:

List of United States military bases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States Navy operates Naval Support Facility (NSF) Diego Garcia.

Actually its moot that the US will not be able to fire back because if any country fires an ICBM towards US soil - the US will already have launched it's missiles towards that country as a counter strike.

USNF may operate it, but among its many tenants are USAF forces too.

I agree with your point about US counter-strike capabilities, and I do not want to see them tested at least in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom