What's new

US Commander Gen. John Nicholson says US knows the Afghan Taliban leadership isin the Quetta and Pes

Yah OBL was died due to heart attack... and the Taliban leader (forgot his name) killed in balochistan due to snake bite .. ..
And US and India will win against taliban in Afghanistan lol.

Yah OBL was died due to heart attack... and the Taliban leader (forgot his name) killed in balochistan due to snake bite .. ..
OBL did his part well even at his death!!! Handed over material science secrets related to the stealth technology - developed with 40b of tax payers money in 40 years - on a golden platter to the Chinese!!! Needless to mention, the ultimate benefactors of 9/11 are the Chinese folks!!!!

Nobody in the USA believes that Taliban can be defeated!!! No President wants to be remembered like Gerald Ford for the "last chopper in Saigon"!! Both NA thugs and Russia/China axis are counting on that....

I dont think they will go for direct confrontation, proxies are their preferred method. They will do the same thing as enemy does. Military do action on the ground while diplomats will sing paeans to the media.

Every one knows where taliban HQ is but it was diplomats who dint want another Iran on its hand. Now that military is in-charge of afghan affairs we can see some real effect. Forget about confrontation, if americans pump enuf money they can buy the talis and make life miserable for the tali backers.
So,why didn't they bought it for themselves why so much fighting for last 16 years without any result.

India has nothing to do with Taliban or Afghanistan.. .. We work to improve their infra and train their armed forces.....

India has nothing to do with Taliban or Afghanistan.. .. We work to improve their infra and train their armed forces.....
OBL did his part well even at his death!!! Handed over material science secrets related to the stealth technology - developed with 40b of tax payers money in 40 years - on a golden platter to the Chinese!!! Needless to mention, the ultimate benefactors of 9/11 are the Chinese folks!!!!

Yeah.... Chinese

And yet the situation in Afghanistan remains the same taliban keep on occupying more land and afghan addict forces keeps on looting civilians and raping young boys

40% of Afghanistan is under taliban control

If they really are serious about this all they should help us man the border more effectively but they are not interested in that

Okay let's go through some points raised here. Gen.Nicholson clearly states 10% of Afghanistan is still under Taliban control. Please tell me -

(1) if you still have not 100% cleaned your own house why are you pointing fingers next door? You might have a case after having disinfected Afghanistan but you have not failed to do that but are concerned about the infection across the border?

(2) If indeed you have disinfected all your country but only the border districts adjacent to Pakistan remain infected you might be able to make a case that the breeding grounds in Quetta and Peshawar need draining as the infection keeps seeping in across the porous border. Okay lets test this contention out. Look at the map below showing Taliban controlled districts. I have marked [selection] three out in red circles.

(i) Jowzjan - 300 miles from Durand Line, Pakistan [marked green].
(ii) Kunduz - 200 miles from Durand Line, Pakistan [marked green]
(iii) Ghor-Sari Pul - 200 miles from Durand Line, Pakistan [marked green]

UQvTkSz.png

3. Could somebody please explain to me how do Taliban have a district in Jowzjan in control on the Uzbek border. That is right across on the opposite side of Afghanistan. Is Pakistan using Afghan Ariana Airlines or maybe Ganga India Airline flights to supply, service and provide logistical support? Seriousl;y can anybody [including Indian members] explain this enigma? Do note that these districts are distal from Pakistan with the huge mountain ranges in central Afghanistan almost cutting off Northern Afghanistan from the south. For example to go from Kabul to Kunduz you have to go through the Hindu Kush mountains and traverse through the Salang Tunnel.

1000w_q95.jpg

images

3. How the hell does Pakistan service the Taliban in Kunduz. When we have 200 miles of Afghanistan, mountains, one tunnel with all roads controlled by US Army or Afghan forces? How is it even possible for Taliban to launch a attack on Kunduz, take it over for two weeks before they were pushed out. Are we expected that Islamabad was managing this effort. If this is indeed true that it speaks genius of ISI and the gross stupidity of US, Afghan and NATO forces.

5. My contention is if Pakistan was responsible for Taliban insurgency then there would be a strong correlation between Talib controlled districts and the Durand Line. There is a very weak correlation between Durand and Talib controlled districts. The strongest predictor is the ethnic Pashtun areas thus alluding to a endogenous insurgency with nominal external influence.

6. Finally why has Afghan Army/US Army not neutalized the Talibs that are distal from Pakistan in those three circles marked on the map. Why have they not managed to squeeze them and squash them since they are far away from Pakistan?

Frankly to me this is looking more and more like USA and the Afghans finding Pakistan as scapegoat. And I have tried to be objective about this but I request other senior members to address the points I rasied - Indian, Afghan, Chinese etc

@Chinese-Dragon @AUSTERLITZ @Sher Shah Awan @Mian Babban @Others
Bro, too much wordings for iPhone users!!!! Would you boil it down to a couple of 1-liner bullet points to fathom within a 30-sec attention span???? And, as easy as devouring a Big Mac!!!!

Train lol must be joking. How many taliban group Indian force encountered? and what they will train them? which Nato can't?

And yet the situation in Afghanistan remains the same taliban keep on occupying more land and afghan addict forces keeps on looting civilians and raping young boys

40% of Afghanistan is under taliban control

If they really are serious about this all they should help us man the border more effectively but they are not interested in that
I agree....

Train lol must be joking. How many taliban group Indian force encountered? and what they will train them? which Nato can't?
You are on a defence forum..... not on face book mate....

I agree....

There were drone strikes every week during Obama tenure did it change anything in afghanistan?
No
21055136_1308712632574251_7412024126552763896_o.jpg

The northern alliance afghan army is part of the problem they arm and fund taliban

He launched MOAB on Afghanistan nothing happened infact it strengthened taliban and they were able to launch attacks in diplomatic enclave of Kabul

I agree....

ok got it u have no answer which is none to my reply.

There were drone strikes every week during Obama tenure did it change anything in afghanistan?
No
21055136_1308712632574251_7412024126552763896_o.jpg

The northern alliance afghan army is part of the problem they arm and fund taliban

He launched MOAB on Afghanistan nothing happened infact it strengthened taliban and they were able to launch attacks in diplomatic enclave of Kabul
US didnt have edge before but now they have india :)

CPEC or no CPEC China will get the energy.

With or without Chinese help what makes you think Pakistan can break a US naval blockade ? The US Navy does not need aircraft carriers. They can use their attack submarines to run circles around oil tankers

Pakistan is Israel of China, because it is very important to safeguard Chinese interest and energy supply route, if PLAN decided to deploy it's assets in Gawader then US will not go for blockade of Pakistani ports, with CPEC in swing blockade of Pakistani ports and shipping also means blockade of Chinese bound shipping to Pakistan which China can not allow.

Pakistan can ask China to deploy naval and air assets and after that US will know that attacking Pakistan will be attacking China and US is not in position to mess up with China as later can cripple US economy.

If Pakistan play it's cards well then it can get away from US pressure and keep it's interest safe.

And are you 100% sure they would do that ??? I mean doesn't China place Pakistan national interest ahead of their own national interest ???

And are you 100% sure they would do that ??? I mean doesn't China place Pakistan national interest ahead of their own national interest ???

That is why China is ready to deploy it's assets in Pakistan if needed, currently they are helping boost Pakistani capabilities to counter threats but they know Pakistan can not face US so China have to intervene to safeguard it's interest, history since WW-2 have shown that world powers don't fight each other directly as it is deadly for them.

US will not want deployment of DF-21D, DF-26, H-6K bombers, J-11/16s, Yuan SSKs, HQ-9/26, HJ-18, YJ-12s, CJ-10 etc in Pakistan which will allow China to hit US where it was not able before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom