What's new

US B-52 flying over Kandahar

So Americans played Taliban like a riddle. They wanted a secure passage to get out with all their precious equipment and cargo, they knew that if we do not make a peace with Taliban before leaving, Taliban will hit us more severely like they did to USSR when it was leaving Afghanistan back in 1989.

Trust and Pashtunwali makes Taliban so venerable to 21st Century treacherous wars, they really need People who can deal with American hypocrisy. Taliban should have known that the American will never honor their side of the bargain after what happened to Iran's Nuclear deal.

However, I'm still quite sure that after sometime Taliban will eventually take over all of the Afghanistan territory, but running the state affairs after that is going to be a huge challenge for Taliban, their is one thing though, the day when Taliban come into power I reckon Taliban will request Russia for acquiring s400 system.

Taliban and S-400 ?? I doubt they could operate them. On a side note it would be easy for Delta Force to raid Afghanistan and seize S-400 for inspection,

Taliban not happy with the air corridor provided to the UASF.
1627739214300.png

US-JCS mentioned assets in Qatar to provide Air support to Afghanistan govt.

B-52s are large moving targets, Iranians or Russians can potentially slip in few short to medium class SAMs to ruin the game. I don’t see Russians doing it tho. Iranians, depends, what post Ghani govt promise them in return.

I have heard the same, B52s are using Iranian airspace.
Taliban not happy with the air corridor provided to the UASF.
View attachment 766516

That's refueler, B52s I heard are using Iranain airspace.

The same way, today if the US military decides it wants to fly enmasse into Pakistani airspace - it can blind AD, paralyze key decision makers through moles and threats while it flies around with impunity. However, the US state also understands the repercussions of doing so that go from internal destabilization of the Pakistani state and military that could compromise its nuclear assets which the US military cannot secure all of with surety.
Chinese can interfere too

Where is that Dalit pakistani boy, who threw a hissy fit when I pointed out how Imran Khan dodged the question about the US using Pakistani Airspace in that Axios interview? and how Imran Khan would never allow such a thing. come talk now.

US can still use Pakistan airspace ad they have not fully vacated Afghanistan. The Musharraf era agreement is still valid.

B-52 isn’t stealth. Stealth doesn’t mean invisible.

B-52s are fifties and sixties era assets kept ready by frequent upgrades and cannibalization. Most recent changes have seen upgrades in the form of GE engines, specifically the CF34/TF34 engine series replacing older turbojets powering the B-52. whose efficiency has long since been eclipsed by newer platforms.

With the modern GE CF/TF34 (which by the way powers Pakistan's newest sub-hunter the Embraer E series), B-52s will have superb efficiency to boast, while having roughly similar thrust (de-rated at 10,000 lbs) that the Pratt J57's they replace. The B-52 uses eight of these engines underslung both wings in four twin-pods.

The GE CF/TF34 weighs in at 1500 lbs. while J57s of the fifties weigh 5000 lbs. each!

That is a saving of 3500 lbs.X8 = 28,000 LBS which is 14 tons.

And I am sure the TF34s are about twice or more fuel efficient and of course much more reliable. Giving the B-52s much more range than they have with current engines.

Stealth is not a requirement for bombing Afghanistan, there is no counter-attack capability the B-52s will face, at least not yet. They may face higher altitude SAM attacks later when the Taliban get those, I don't know if the Taliban have SAM assets.

B-52's arrived in Afghanistan in 2016, and seem to be ideal 'expendable' bombing assets, while B-1s' and certainly B-2's are too expensive to risk losing. They will be in Afghanistan for a while, doing bombing duty, and have a choice of launch locations, located near and far. This is my take on recent events.

Last edited:
B-52s are fifties and sixties era assets kept ready by frequent upgrades and cannibalization. Most recent changes have seen upgrades in the form of GE engines, specifically the CF34/TF34 engine series replacing older turbojets powering the B-52. whose efficiency has long since been eclipsed by newer platforms.

With the modern GE CF/TF34 (which by the way powers Pakistan's newest sub-hunter the Embraer E series), B-52s will have superb efficiency to boast, while having roughly similar thrust (de-rated at 10,000 lbs) that the Pratt J57's they replace. The B-52 uses eight of these engines underslung both wings in four twin-pods.

The GE CF/TF34 weighs in at 1500 lbs. while J57s of the fifties weigh 5000 lbs. each!

That is a saving of 3500 lbs.X8 = 28,000 LBS which is 14 tons.

And I am sure the TF34s are about twice or more fuel efficient and of course much more reliable. Giving the B-52s much more range than they have with current engines.

Stealth is not a requirement for bombing Afghanistan, there is no counter-attack capability the B-52s will face, at least not yet. They may face higher altitude SAM attacks later when the Taliban get those, I don't know if the Taliban have SAM assets.

B-52's arrived in Afghanistan in 2016, and seem to be ideal 'expendable' bombing assets, while B-1s' and certainly B-2's are too expensive to risk losing. They will be in Afghanistan for a while, doing bombing duty, and have a choice of launch locations, located near and far. This is my take on recent events.

what's the minimum equipment needed to take down a b52

the b52s are definitely using Pak airspace and theres nothing we can do about it.

Pak/China need to start arming taliban with anti air. At least some manpads. the b52s are irrelevant in the long run. If the taliban didnt fold when there was 10x the US manpower hitting them they arent gonna fold now lol.

Well if you're talking FN-16 and Anza Mk.II MANPADs those still have less altitude capability (3500m to 4000m) than the flight envelope of these bombers when they drop bombs (about 6000m). Then they also will have infra Red seeker defences and of course chaffs/flares...

It's not like the Taliban have not tried using SAMs before (SA-7s smuggled from Iran), but gotta face it, you need a minimum level of training and smarts to launch these things, which in short supply with the Taliban.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/majornews/1558756/Taliban-in-first-heat-seeking-missile-attack.html

US can still use Pakistan airspace ad they have not fully vacated Afghanistan. The Musharraf era agreement is still valid.

The agreement is not from musharraf era but was renewed by ppp, Raza Rabbani was the one who overviewed the draft. The agreement is still valid, i personally dont think it will be renewed once it expires under current government.

The point is what will we do if they pass anyhow?

Back
Top Bottom