What's new

US B-52 flying over Kandahar

US-JCS mentioned assets in Qatar to provide Air support to Afghanistan govt.

B-52s are large moving targets, Iranians or Russians can potentially slip in few short to medium class SAMs to ruin the game. I don’t see Russians doing it tho. Iranians, depends, what post Ghani govt promise them in return.

I've always thought about one thing --

USSR had a score to settle with US for it's engagement during the USSR-Afghan War to extract blood one would think in last 20 years they'd slip weapons in and made this war costly than it was.

I often feel it's a missed opportunity, had I been the Russian's I would've quietly jumped in.

Though many countries in region are against USA, but no one have a courage to provide just few missiles to bring down one B52 or to keep them away?
I mean as USA provided 'Stingers' to Mujahideen in Afghanistan during Russian occupation?

Possible flight route (B52)
Qatar-Iraq-Turkey-Caspian sea-(Turkmenistan/Uzbekistan)-Afghanistan

?

I am sure B52 never used Pakistan airspace in ingress or egress
@PanzerKiel

I've always thought about one thing --

USSR had a score to settle with US for it's engagement during the USSR-Afghan War to extract blood one would think in last 20 years they'd slip weapons in and made this war costly than it was.

I often feel it's a missed opportunity, had I been the Russian's I would've quietly jumped in.
Russians did arm groups, but why not SAMs, only Putin can answer this.
My hunch is that no neighbor wants such thing proliférating in their neighborhood, because all 4 major neighboring countries have some sort of armed anti-govt groups, and Same game can be played against them.
#2. May be international repercussions and wrath of US military.

So they were beamed up to Kandahar and the Iranians were sleeping. Joke aside would love to know the route they took, might be the CAS nations with a Russian nod!
USA could have used Shamsi airbase had IK allowed. Pak cannot stop its airspace for US bombers coming from Qatar like Pak cannot stop your godfather sitting in London from meeting enemies of Pak.

How are you supposed to detect a b 52 STEALTH bomber?
How Pakistan will defend its nuclear assets, had it can detect the stealth bomber? there must be an agreement between the military to military. The US does not want to talk to the civilians here. this is the on-ground state of affairs whether PTI stalwarts like it or not. this ambit is already taken by the military. ISI chief is going to the US to extend Pakistan's support on the Afghanistan issue.
the problem is, can Pakistan secure its vital interests in the region, or we are again going to suffer. our nation is the worst divide, disharmony, and political instability, the present setup has made no sensible move to improve it during these three years. rather this inapt govt. has intentionally widened the political rift and has increased hate and animosity among the masses in the name of politics.

Indians do not matter in this game, though they certainly have the "khayesh". We have a proverb in Bangladesh,

"Ginger seller in market need not dabble in schedules of cargo ship berthings."

Small timers can dream about Dadagiri and SUPA PAWA status, but should better concentrate on cleaning house and basic things first (like feeding their people, health and hygiene), which is in severe disarray. World's only third-world SUPA PAWA poorer than Bangladesh. :-)

By the way - all this talk about using Pakistani airspace is a non-starter. Why fly 3000 miles from Diego Garcia when you can fly from North of Afghanistan?

The US has had a Central Asia strategy for a while, and they can use any number of airbases in Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. Turkmenistan may also be a client in some manner.

Read this public document. See Page 2 for map.

Route over Iran is short, Issue isn’t stopping the flights (even the stealth once), issue is at what cost. Iran is already sanctioned, so they have less to lose, whereas Pakistan is susceptible to sanctions and financial blackmail.

Violation of airspace is against international law, so even if Iran or Pakistan use force to take down few planes, there aren’t going to be many countries lining up to support US in UN.

US isn’t going to start a war for Ghani, at most it would be sanctions. That’s why instead of Iran, US might use Indian card and Pakistan’s financial weakness against it.

How Pakistan will defend its nuclear assets, had it can detect the stealth bomber? there must be an agreement between the military to military. The US does not want to talk to the civilians here. this is the on-ground state of affairs whether PTI stalwarts like it or not. this ambit is already taken by the military. ISI chief is going to the US to extend Pakistan's support on the Afghanistan issue.
the problem is, can Pakistan secure its vital interests in the region, or we are again going to suffer. our nation is the worst divide, disharmony, and political instability, the present setup has made no sensible move to improve it during these three years. rather this inapt govt. has intentionally widened the political rift and has increased hate and animosity among the masses in the name of politics.
The nuclear assets are underground in bomb proof shelters and their locations are secret

No dude, US isn’t going to start a nuclear war for mayor of Kabul. What Pakistan needs is test few ICBM to end this fear of US adventure.

Back
Top Bottom