What's new

US accuses Pakistan of harassing American diplomats

The US can hardly expect anything else when its 'diplomats' roam around violating Pakistani laws and regulations - by travelling without authorization to certain areas and carrying prohibited weaponry with them, by shooting down Pakistanis in cold blood in broad daylight.

Pakistani authorities cannot be blamed for increased security and surveillance measures given the law breaking behavior of US 'diplomats' themselves.

I agree with some of the other posters that the permit for the new American Embassy should be revoked, and the existing US Embassy should in fact be reduced in size and checked for compliance with CDA building codes and permits.

Things are going with the flow....down the drain....:blink:
Krait, you do have to admire us for taking such a stance. Who else on the planet could even imagine doing what we are doing? Forget about the consequences for a moment.
Cheers.

Krait, you do have to admire us for taking such a stance. Who else on the planet could even imagine doing what we are doing? Forget about the consequences for a moment.
Cheers.
IF i were in your place, i won't mind behaving harshly with people who take my country for granted, bomb whenever they want, kill our soldiers, destroy our infrastructure, kill people in public then getting away without any puniishment....I understand what common pakistani thinks as i can corelate with it , but what government or army thinks, i can't perceive ...its different scenario.

If we go by their definition of harassment, i can't imagine what few pakistani living in US or UK go through.....but hey...i don't know the ground reality.

We'll keep harassing them until you stop putting random Pakistanis in Guantanamo, and allow the ones currently there a fair trial and let bush be tried as a war criminal

Krait mate, there is nothing common about these diplomats, so, any correlation between common Pakistani citizens in the US 'should' be void, however, we know that it's not the case :angel:

IF i were in your place, i won't mind behaving harshly with people who take my country for granted, bomb whenever they want, kill our soldiers, destroy our infrastructure, kill people in public then getting away without any puniishment....I understand what common pakistani thinks as i can corelate with it , but what government or army thinks, i can't perceive ...its different scenario.

If we go by their definition of harassment, i can't imagine what few pakistani living in US or UK go through.....but hey...i don't know the ground reality.

Just heard that Foreign nationals have been banned from entering into KPK, no matter who they are. It was reported on a fair few channels.

Is there something going on behind the scenes?

Just heard that Foreign nationals have been banned from entering into KPK, no matter who they are. It was reported on a fair few channels.

Is there something going on behind the scenes?

Not only KPK. They should include Baluchistan too.

I agree with some of the other posters that the permit for the new American Embassy should be revoked, and the existing US Embassy should in fact be reduced in size and checked for compliance with CDA building codes and permits.

Isn't an Embassy extraterritorial for the host country that cannot be entered without permission from the country to which it belongs?

Isn't an Embassy extraterritorial for the host country that cannot be entered without permission from the country to which it belongs?
Yes, within limits - the Pakistani Embassy in DC can't just dig bunkers and tunnels under the existing building without proper authorization from local authorities, and if the host government suspects illegal construction activity at the site of the Embassy, it should be allowed to conduct an inspection of the property by the government of the concerned Embassy.

The permit granted for the new US Embassy is currently being challenged in court, and therefore that certainly can be revoked.

Yes, within limits - the Pakistani Embassy in DC can't just dig bunkers and tunnels under the existing building without proper authorization from local authorities, and if the host government suspects illegal construction activity at the site of the Embassy, it should be allowed to conduct an inspection of the property by the government of the concerned Embassy.

I am sure that proper procedures exist that will allow for such inspections, after due notice etc., and prior permissions.

The permit granted for the new US Embassy is currently being challenged in court, and therefore that certainly can be revoked.

Of course. If due process is followed, and the court revokes the permit, then it is fine by me.

Seriously a very sensible post from an indian..:tup:
I would have commented more but rite now i am:drag:

Yes , the embassy that too with rules and regulations ... Do not expect anyone to allow a military garrison inside US embassy !

Here we are talking about US diplomats running free without any authorization and when caught and sent back to their respective consulate/embassy , crying of harassment ...

Back
Top Bottom