What's new

Upcoming Pakistani films

waiting for Kambakht movie:bunny:

wanna see hamza ali abbasi n sheheryar siddique in the movie:victory::smitten:

Sheheryar-Munawar-Siddiqui-actor-model91825614_201212120351.jpg

Hamza-Ali-Abbasi-010.jpg

Looks like the era of Jaat & Juggar type stupid movies is finally over, I hope Pakistan film Industry will establish itself once again.

bitch please... I just passed by Lakshmi today and there iftikhar thakur holding a girl in his arms on a huge flex on outer wall of some cinema, he was casted as hero in that film... :yes4::drag::suicide:

bitch please... I just passed by Lakshmi today and there iftikhar thakur holding a girl in his arms on a huge flex on outer wall of some cinema, he was casted as hero in that film... :yes4::drag::suicide:

Yaar main ne tu thread se guess kia tha, was planing to go to cinema in next visit to pk :(

Yaar main ne tu thread se guess kia tha, was planing to go to cinema in next visit to pk :(

waise revive ho rahi hai industry... new cinemas are being opened...films are being made... lakin woh gujjar/jatt, vulgar and third class films waisay hi ban rahi hai regularly...

Watched Waar yesterday, my first from Pakistan. Was good, noticeable were the accent and excessive English. Are there two versions, local and global?

Watched Waar yesterday, my first from Pakistan. Was good, noticeable were the accent and excessive English. Are there two versions, local and global?

No. They made 70 - 80% movie in English purposely to target the international audience. But its sequel is also coming.

'Shaan doesn't scare Na Maloom Afraad'

8863efdb816849abfd296e14c7eb6760.jpg

KARACHI: As movie buffs anticipate two major feature films this Eid ul Azha, Team Na Maloom Afraad says it is unfazed about competing at the box office with Operation 021 — the spy action thriller starring ace actor Shaan Shahid.

Speaking at a promotional tour at the Institute of Business Management (IoBM) on Tuesday, the Na Maloom Afraad makers appeared nonchalant when asked if they feared their comedy flick would be overshadowed by the much hyped action film.

Dismissing the star power of the Lollywood offspring, producer Fizza Ali Meerza said the litmus test of films is high production value — not just the inclusion of big celebrities.

64bbfc2d61c6cdaed6ec9e52a7f78b82.jpg

“Shaan did seven films last year,” director Nabeel Qureshi said, addressing an audience that comprised students and teachers. “How many of those have you all heard of?” No one seemed to have an answer.

Earlier, however, Nadeem Mandviwalla of Mandviwalla Entertainment had said O21 will do “far better”.

“O21 has what Na Maloon Afraad does not — star power. People will come to watch Shaan, he’ll take the film forward,” Mandviwalla had said while talking to Dawn.

Speaking at IoBM, Qureshi rejected the perception that 021's same day release would affect Na Maloom Afraad’s prospects. The director said the simultaneous release of two major local films on Eid was a positive sign for Pakistan’s film industry. “For the revival of our cinema, people should extend their support for both the films,” he said.

9c91663c46067e921cd324bdf860f2f3.jpg

Along with Na Maloom Afraad and 021, Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif’s Bang Bang is also scheduled for release on the same day, taking competition for the Eid holiday another notch higher. To this, Nabeel said, "We should support our cinema and prove that we are no less than anyone...let’s bang the Bang Bang!”

Criticising the government, he added that, "Pakistan should ban foreign films during festivals to encourage local films.This happens everywhere in the world."

Later, the IoBM auditorium echoed with cheers led by charged students as popular TV show host-turned-actor Fahad Mustafa walked in with Urwa Hocaine and Mohsin Abbas Haider.

55685f9c42ee909d613266d7851d0ae7.jpg

Mustafa thanked the crowd for the warm welcome, terming it one sign of a thriving film industry. In response to a question about whether he would ever look to Bollywood for a project, Mustafa joked, “Get me a gig there?” much to the amusement of his fans. He added that actors are unfortunately compelled to leave Pakistan for perceived greener pastures.

“Everyone asks me when I am going to India. It’s not us [actors] but the people who compel us to pursue Bollywood films, as the people have made it their benchmark,” Mustafa lamented.

'Shaan doesn't scare Na Maloom Afraad' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom