What's new

Unsheathing the Nihonto: Japanese Paratroopers in Landmark Jump Over Alaska

Why would Japan want to attack any country in THE FIRST PLACE?

Japan's entire territory and space is under protection and control of US. Even just from the point of military and technology, US
But Japan was never under attack any period after the end of WW2. Even during the height of the Korean War, the Cold War, Japan was never attacked. So why would it change now?

Heck if the Americans prefer to defend our interests, why not? Right? A paid body-guard so to say, or perhaps a comfortable Praetorian? lol.
Dude, First, Japan pay the bill for the protection. Japan's entire territory and space is under protection and control of US. Second, just from the point of military and technology, US will observe and response first. I don't what kind of something give you such a confidence that Japan can response quicker than US? Does Japan has some more advanced technologies than US?

But Japan was never under attack any period after the end of WW2. Even during the height of the Korean War, the Cold War, Japan was never attacked. So why would it change now?

Heck if the Americans prefer to defend our interests, why not? Right? A paid body-guard so to say, or perhaps a comfortable Praetorian? lol.

Are you so sure? Even tho I am pro security bill, I'm not so certain.

Opposition is loud now. Really really loud.

-----

@yoshi.oda ---- Sekyuriti hosoku nitsuite dou o kangae desu ka ???

We can gamble.

Japan's entire territory and space is under protection and control of US. Even just from the point of military and technology, US

Yes, I agree with you that they do protect Japanese Sea, Land, and Air Space.
At the same time the JSDF also provides an added security apparatus.

Striking Japan literally is impossible. Tactically and strategically.

One of the "ups" of having the Americans as allies.

Dude, First, Japan pay the bill for the protection. Japan's entire territory and space is under protection and control of US. Second, just from the point of military and technology, US will observe and response first. I don't what kind of something give you such a confidence that Japan can response quicker than US? Does Japan has some more advanced technologies than US?

Good point. I suppose the Americans have greater capabilities due to their shear defense capabilities and almost un-challenged technical superiority. However, what is happening is that the US is now requiring Japan to take up more of the 'burden' so to say. The cost (economic and inventory) of defending Japan is heavy for the Americans.

They want us to do more. That is why they want us to sign the security bill.

See. Finally agree with me. My point again: US will not allow Japan response first or attack without her permission

We can gamble.

Sit down, let's play!

images

See. Finally agree with me. My point again: US will not allow Japan response first or attack without her permission

LOL. I never really disagreed with you.

Good point. I suppose the Americans have greater capabilities due to their shear defense capabilities and almost un-challenged technical superiority. However, what is happening is that the US is now requiring Japan to take up more of the 'burden' so to say. The cost (economic and inventory) of defending Japan is heavy for the Americans.

They want us to do more. That is why they want us to sign the security bill.
US wants Japan to pay more and involve more in her re-balance process of pacific ocean. Since US feel that Japan's military industry and technologies are totally under control. Unless Japan figure out some revolutionary technologies, I don't see any possible that Japan can escape from the control of US

Sit down, let's play!

images

LOL. I never really disagreed with you.
Good to hear that. Cheers for US

US wants Japan to pay more and involve more in her re-balance process of pacific ocean. Since US feel that Japan's military industry and technologies are totally under control. Unless Japan figure out some revolutionary technologies, I don't see any possible that Japan can escape from the control of US

Of course the US wants that. The issue is that will the Japanese Government (the Diet) pass the security bill?

Of course the US wants that. The issue is that will the Japanese Government (the Diet) pass the security bill?

Japan will pass the bill, like Plaza Accord. Don't worry

When Japan first signed the treaty of mutual and cooperation, the scope of protester in Japan were much bigger than you showed here.

Japan is RELATIVELY benign. The country, despite CHINESE STATE MEDIA PROCLAMATIONS is relatively underarmed, have an EXTREMELY MINISCULE defense spending, and have a culture that practically is inhibitive of military culture.

The country of JAPAN really has no existential threat in the fact that we have not been at war with any power for almost 70 years. Apart from the VERY SMALL number of Japanese right wingers , the country is relatively moderate.

AGAIN, even the Japanese Self Defense Forces is defense oriented and DOES NOT even have an offensive proclamative mandate.

That's what you're dealing with.

Peace.

Well, how long is Japan going to live under this self-imposed guilt when the Germans and Italians can put their past behind and expand their militaries like any sovereign nation?

I really think that it is time for Japan to abrogate Article 9 and start acting NORMAL again!

After all, Japan's neighbors harbor expansionist mindset and are hellbent on using the force for avenging the historical 'wrongs' as they perceive it. It is not a neighborhood to live with your hands tied behind your back any longer!

how long is Japan going to live under this self-imposed guilt when the Germans and Italians can put their past behind and expand their militaries like any sovereign nation

As long as the memorial tablets of first or A-class war criminals are in Yasukuni Shrine, Japan will not be considered a nation such as Germany. I don't think either Germany or Italy has something like YasukuniShrine in memory to Hitler or Mussolini。

I really think that it is time for Japan to abrogate Article 9 and start acting NORMAL again!

That's what Japan government is trying to do now. But, it is kinda too late for Japan. The best opportunity is around 1990. Since 70 year's occupation and digestion, the military industries and technologies of Japan have been destroyed to the core. Without US' permission, Japan even can not manufacture more F-2 fighters though Japan payed tremendous money for F-16 patent and almost 40 million us dollars to US for manufacturing one F-2 .

After all, Japan's neighbors harbor expansionist mindset and are hellbent on using the force for avenging the historical 'wrongs' as they perceive it. It is not a neighborhood to live with your hands tied behind your back any longer!

In contrast to Japan, I somehow admire German and the wisdom of Germany politicians.The sincere apology of German made her be quickly and widely accepted by her neighbors by EU members. Taking advantage of that, Made in Germany almost occupied the entire EU. Now when people talked about EU, which country first comes to his/her mind? Germany... You can not imagine how Germany would be if without the sincere apologies from Germany.

After all, Japan's neighbors harbor expansionist mindset and are hellbent on using the force for avenging the historical 'wrongs' as they perceive it. It is not a neighborhood to live with your hands tied behind your back any lon

As I said before, the best opportunity for Japan is 1990s. History had given Japan a wonderful chance: At that time, China and South Korea hadn't risen yet and majority of citizens in both countries liked or favored Japan; the Power of Japan such as GDP was at peak (I still remember those famous books around that time---Japan can say no to US; Japan, No 1 etc); More importantly, advanced technologies such as GPS and Aegis system hadn't been deeply and widely applied military.

If Japan removed those memorial tablets of first-class war criminals from Yasukuni Shrine during that time, I believe, entire Asian countries including China and South Korea would strongly support Japan to abrogate Article 9 and treaty of cooperation and security, and start to be a Normal sovereign nation. Imagine if Japan had chance to independently develop her military since then, how strong Japan could be now?

I still remember the flying-geese model proposed by Japanese on 1990s: Japan is the leading Geese, followed by four Asian Tigers, and then China and South East Asian....Sigh...

Specifically referring to the 特殊作戦群 Japan Special Forces Group --- they use the following assault platforms:
  1. Colt M4A1 SOPMOD , Armed with M203s and QDSS-NT4 suppressors
  2. Howa Type 89F
  3. HK G36
  4. Heckler Koch HK416

And a bunch of others.

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

prm1503040007-p1.jpg
M4A1, HK M416, HK MP7, M249 ...

Well, how long is Japan going to live under this self-imposed guilt when the Germans and Italians can put their past behind and expand their militaries like any sovereign nation?

Precisely and astutely said, my friend. I have nothing else to add to your powerful rhetorical question / statement.

M4A1, HK M416, HK MP7, M249 ...

@cnleio --- I AM truly impressed with your ability to identify the types of weapons used just by visuals. You're a pro bro, seriously.

Shit. Now more traffic delay now because them!!!!!!!!!

Well they are entitled to protest and air their disapproval , its their constitutional right. We can't really just force them not to assemble and air their disapproval. The last time Japan did that we lived in the clandestine era of the 1930s where there was total suspension of civil rights. We don't want that again, do we? Considering the unfortunate and abominable things that happened in the process....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom