What's new

Unrequited love/ one- sided love -The pain

You all are so sad that I can't take it anymore...

So here's something to cheer you up, Bollywood drama in real life....

The bride had too many nakhras!

Have fun!

VOWS
Emily Ross and Ryan Hubbard

THE plot lines of their romance have the makings of a screwball comedy.

Ryan Hubbard, a laid-back West Coaster who spent one Montana winter in a tepee, annoys and then charms Emily Glaser Ross, a high-strung, Ivy-League-educated city girl.

While they work on different coasts for the same politician, their love blossoms through e-mail, and then stumbles through classic romantic comedy obstacles: a canceled flight, a botched proposal, an ill-timed accident and, above all, the bride’s reluctance to give up her independence.

Mr. Hubbard first e-mailed Ms. Ross in the summer of 2007. Both worked at the time as schedulers for Senator Maria Cantwell, Democrat of Washington — he in the senator’s office in Seattle, she in the nation’s capital. He asked her to pick up four memos, a task she considered beneath her.

“Who do you think you are?” she replied.

He followed up by apologizing, and then charming her into almost agreeing to get the memos. Soon, the schmoozing turned to flirting, weekend e-mail messages, online Scrabble games and daily phone calls.

Still, they had never met.

They’d tap out questions to each other on their BlackBerrys:

“What are your five favorite foods?”

“What are three things about you that I don’t know?”

Ms. Ross, now 26, recalled how she felt as if she were discovering her best friend. Mr. Hubbard, 27, struggled to keep her as a fantasy.

One Sunday at the end of August 2007, their banter tipped in the direction of romance.

Mr. Hubbard remembered how he turned on the television and happened upon the film “You’ve Got Mail.” He e-mailed Ms. Ross, who then switched it on.

“We ended up e-mailing each other every two seconds while watching a movie about e-mailing,” recalled Mr. Hubbard, a University of Washington graduate.

Soon, he and Ms. Ross, a Columbia University graduate who grew up outside Boston, were e-mailing photos. Mr. Hubbard was taken with Ms. Ross’s sweet face and big brown eyes; nothing struck her fancy.

That is, until she clicked on a link to a video clip he’d sent that featured Mr. Hubbard in action back when he worked in the Washington State Senate, and caught a glimpse of the six-foot Mr. Hubbard, handsome and blue-eyed with a killer smile. She called him at work and said: “I’m thinking of flying out to visit you. And, by the way, this is the part where you tell me you have a girlfriend.”

He did not, having ended a relationship four months earlier. Ms. Ross, as it happened, had ended a relationship around the same time.

She was supposed to fly out on the Friday evening of Columbus Day weekend, but her flight was canceled. Undone by plans gone awry, and crying uncontrollably, she called Mr. Hubbard for support.

It turns out this dynamic is a key to their success as a couple. Ms. Ross is a highly competent person until things don’t go exactly as she expects. Then, sometimes, she can get overwrought. Mr. Hubbard knows exactly how to calm her down.

“They’re both crazy in the same ways,” said Mr. Hubbard’s brother, Simon Hubbard, 37. “It kind of balances each other out.”

Ms. Ross caught a flight the next day. As she approached him in the airport, he leaned in to kiss her and got her nose. She kissed his chin. She was so nervous that she was shaking. He grabbed her by the shoulders to steady her, then held her face and kissed her again. “This time it was wonderful,” she said.

He thought so, too, when the following morning she made him breakfast and expressed an interest in watching football.

With that, they began a long-distance romance, committing to seeing one another every two weeks.

By February 2008, Ms. Ross had decided to leave her job with Senator Cantwell in favor of a position with the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. That move, in turn, inspired Mr. Hubbard to move east to be with Ms. Ross and also take her former job.

Mr. Hubbard said that, about a year into the relationship, he remembers looking at Ms. Ross over an ordinary dinner and thinking, “I want to spend the rest of my life with this person.” He kept the thought to himself because he didn’t want to scare her away.

After a party, a few months later, they were both a little tipsy as they walked down the street and began talking about the future.

“When I picture my future, I don’t picture children,” Ms. Ross blurted out.

He replied, “I’m fine with never having children, if you’ll marry me.”

Although marriage also hadn’t been part of her life plan, Ms. Ross said she recalled thinking, “I love him, and I knew that I didn’t want to lose him.”

Another six months passed before Mr. Hubbard acted on this informal proposal. Last March 30, he took her to dinner, while back at her apartment two buddies of his set up 100 lighted candles and vases of hyacinths, her favorite flower. His friends mistakenly locked the door. When the couple reached the apartment, the candles had been burning for about 20 minutes, and neither had the key. Mr. Hubbard, sweating, worried silently that the apartment complex could burn down.

After about 10 minutes, they got a spare key from an attendant and unlocked the door.

He was relieved and delivered his proposal; she accepted, albeit with a touch of her trademark panic. “My God, is this really happening?” Ms. Ross remembered thinking. She worried they were too young. Then, she fixed her perfectionist’s eye on the blue-and-pink sapphire engagement ring and couldn’t hide her dislike.

He promised to alter it to her taste by removing the pink sapphires and turning them into earrings.

Soon after the couple became engaged, Ms. Ross was faced with another life decision: whether to go to graduate school in international affairs in Washington or New York. She had been accepted at both Georgetown and Columbia, and ended up choosing the latter, her alma mater. Mr. Hubbard was planning to move to New York with her and find a job.

But last May, two weeks after she’d made her decision, Mr. Hubbard was offered a job in Washington, representing and doing government affairs work for clean tech firms like Tesla Motors and BrightSource Energy as special assistant to the president of McBee Strategic Consulting — a post that he had spent a year trying to land. He accepted.

Knowing that for the next year, at least, theirs would be a long-distance marriage, the couple were wed on Jan. 8 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. As Rabbi Lisa Eiduson prepared to lead the couple in their vows, darkness fell and snowflakes twinkled under streetlights surrounding Boston’s Public Garden.

In one last mishap in their personal romantic comedy, Ms. Ross had fallen down the stairs at her parents’ home in Weston, Mass., the Thursday before the wedding, leaving her with a broken left elbow and 10 stitches in her side. She, nonetheless, looked radiant and determined as she walked down the aisle in a pink strapless gown to an instrumental version of the Metallica song “Nothing Else Matters.”

And nothing else did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/fashion/weddings/16VOWS.html?ref=weddings

And so she is gone..
The sweets have been exchanged.. some well set dude in england..
and I am as usual.. like all my aspirations.. left holding the doggy bag..

And so she is gone..
The sweets have been exchanged.. some well set dude in england..
and I am as usual.. like all my aspirations.. left holding the doggy bag..

Lets forget those who werent ours shall we?
Its tough, but worth it.
It happens in everyones lives.

Duniya mein kitna ghum hai mera ghum kitna kam hai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once upon a ime, there was a unidentified boy named as 'ProudPakistaniStudent' who was really proud of Pakistan and now calls himself as 'Last Hope' as he really thinks he is the last hope for the nation and wanna be as great and respected as Quaid :) :tup:

Maybe I said too much :rofl::rofl:

Hun tussi sano pechaan lita ae? :D :lol:

yara main confuse ho gya hoon mujhy laga tum asad ho:D

Glad to see this thread still going ....

Not sure if this is the end of that 10 yrs old story but there certainly have been some strange new developments .... almost 27 now and being chasm-o-charagh of quite a big family, there were always going to be big problems with my continuous single status ... She always used to say, "tumhein kya pata majboorie kya hoti hai" ... i don't know if it was "majboorie" but at times watching my mom's suffering was a bit too much even for a rebel like me .... reluctantly accepted her choice ... just when whole life ahead was looking crystal clear ... yet another twist ... in step a lady ... so perfect ... i just couldn't ignore ... no, not just the looks ... she is everything i could have possibly ever dreamed of ... just over a month nd im already "the special one" for her ... mom is planning the marriage ... nd im still struggling to put an end to the chapter i started writing 10 yrs ago ....

Ruk jayein jo kuch pal to hum beth k dam lein
Badley he chaley jatey hain haalat musalsal!!!

This song is dedicated to this thread :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oo pae asad ithey hay, me myself.. oo pata nai kon hai avein free ho riya ay :rofl::rofl:

pata nai yaar kon kya hai main to wesy hi avatars se yaad rakhta tha logoon ko ab log avatar or username sab badal leen to main kya karoon . mera yaar mani to wesa hai ke badal gya wo bhi?:confused:

Glad to see this thread still going ....

Not sure if this is the end of that 10 yrs old story but there certainly have been some strange new developments .... almost 27 now and being chasm-o-charagh of quite a big family, there were always going to be big problems with my continuous single status ... She always used to say, "tumhein kya pata majboorie kya hoti hai" ... i don't know if it was "majboorie" but at times watching my mom's suffering was a bit too much even for a rebel like me .... reluctantly accepted her choice ... just when whole life ahead was looking crystal clear ... yet another twist ... in step a lady ... so perfect ... i just couldn't ignore ... no, not just the looks ... she is everything i could have possibly ever dreamed of ... just over a month nd im already "the special one" for her ... mom is planning the marriage ... nd im still struggling to put an end to the chapter i started writing 10 yrs ago ....

Ruk jayein jo kuch pal to hum beth k dam lein
Badley he chaley jatey hain haalat musalsal!!!

I am Glad to hear that, the old chapter should end right here. Think about the future, i am sure there is a great life ahead of you, one advice i can give you is, never try to impose the image of your previous gf on the new one, she was different so is the new one, deep inside you may want her to be just like your Ex, just forget it :disagree:, she could never be her, treat her as a new individual in your life, you will try to get familiar with her, not the other way around,and i hope and pray that she will be better :tup:

Good Luck :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom