What's new

United Motors enter Pakistani car market with 'Bravo'

This car is a step in the right direction be it Made in Pakistan or increased safety standards for entry level cars

One look at a Mehran post accident will show you how dangerous it is

I have lost relatives to that dajjalic plague.

The state should sue Suzuki for deaths.

This United Bravo car is not worth more than 5 lakh, an a$$ will pay Pak Rs 8,50,000 (8.5 lakh).

But anything extreme steps is required to break the mafia looters and overly-priced car companies of Suzuki, Toyota and Honda.

Har dojay tejey din kabhi lupi mein kachra to kabhi sulf mein garbar bhai sahab mehran key owners ko pata hy mehran kiya musibat hy :D
I am talking about only engine bro. As they come from Japan. Rest is manufactured in Karachi.
There was a big project under BMW in my University, a group was evaluating various engines. I was not part of that group but I came to know that Zuzuki engines from Japan were among toughest.

You know about G13B from Suzuki ? it came in Cultus (know as Swift gti internationally) and is one of the ever best produced 1.3 engines. But in Pakistan they brought G10A in cultus, a 3 cylinder variant which didn't produce enough power for big Cultus body and result was overheating.
After so many overhearing problems, finally in mid-2007, they brought G10B in Pakistani Cultus, which is also a very good engine. An luminum 4 cylinder engine. If you find a good condition mid 2007-early 201 Cultus, try it with hard acceleration.

Body rust is climatic issue where i am from in Pakistan but No Regulation No checks.
Chachu in Europe, cars rolling over snow and salt don't get rust and in Pakistan, in pure hot and dry climate they get.
Climate factor can be minimized, but Pakistani cars have one of the worst metal in the world.

I am talking about only engine bro. As they come from Japan. Rest is manufactured in Karachi.
There was a big project under BMW in my University, a group was evaluating various engines. I was not part of that group but I came to know that Zuzuki engines from Japan were among toughest.

You know about G13B from Suzuki ? it came in Cultus (know as Swift gti internationally) and is one of the ever best produced 1.3 engines. But in Pakistan they brought G10A in cultus, a 3 cylinder variant which didn't produce enough power for big Cultus body and result was overheating.
After so many overhearing problems, finally in mid-2007, they brought G10B in Pakistani Cultus, which is also a very good engine. An luminum 4 cylinder engine. If you find a good condition mid 2007-early 201 Cultus, try it with hard acceleration.

Chachu in Europe, cars rolling over snow and salt don't get rust and in Pakistan, in pure hot and dry climate they get.
Climate factor can be minimized, but Pakistani cars have one of the worst metal in the world.
I dont know about other cars but Mehran relics engine is mostly made in Pakistan

Rust proofing ka concept nahi aya ha Abhi khitte me

ager koi gari Pakistani condition main rust pakrti hay to envirment ko kasur nahin he .. gari ki metal ka mamala he

to qawaneen hone chaiye aur koi body honi chaiye jo is baat ka andaza laga sake kay konsa material forge karke behtar rahega for Pakistani climate.

to qawaneen hone chaiye aur koi body honi chaiye jo is baat ka andaza laga sake kay konsa material forge karke behtar rahega for Pakistani climate.
chachu ab to nia Pakistan he, ab kon kawanen banay ga ?

I wanted to buy a Honda Civic for my father in Karachi and it turns out the price of a base model Honda Civic is more than mid-range Civic in Canada, brand new, same year same model. Alhumdulilah Pakistan is rich country. :partay:

I wanted to buy a Honda Civic for my father in Karachi and it turns out the price of a base model Honda Civic is more than mid-range Civic in Canada, brand new, same year same model. Alhumdulilah Pakistan is rich country. :partay:
Buy him imported Alto and thank me later :D

If the difference is due to tax i got no problem if profit heads need to roll

One can fully restore an older Audi A2 (professional engine and gearbox rebuilds, booth spray, new upholstery, new suspension etc etc) and provide a 3yrs limited mileage warranty for far less than this.

If this Bravo is not being manufactured (at least 70% of it) in Pakistan then it's no point buying it. Enough of assembled cars loot Marr whilst large portion of sale price exits the country.

What's the point in importing new crap cars when second hand solid engineered cars giving higher miles per gallon can be had for far less.

A2 diesel gives 79mpg (127kmpg, 28kms per litre!!) on motorway, 50mpg (80kmpg, 18kmpl) city and 65mpg (104kmpg, 23kmpl) combined.

And second hand price of these is about £0.8k-1.5k, and then restoration cost (suspension, engine rebuild etc parts about £1.5k, fitting labour in Pakistan).

We had a reconditioned Corolla from Japan in early 90s. That car was solid and lasted years (until crash) despite monthly trips between FSD and LHR on the broken dangerous roads.

But Gov should do tech transfer deals - something like what Proton did with Mitsubishi with all local manufacturing except engine in early years. Government owned car manufacturing, and slap high taxes on all assembled and higher taxes on imported.

Force public to buy that brand which is of good quality. Start with just one good medium sized 4dr saloon and flood the market with it. Build a strong supply chain for the brand.

Mine was the Proton Saga (Mitsubishi Lancer then) in 1994. Fantastic car. Lots of 180 degree turns and some 360 too :D

2018 Proton Saga is a tad over USD 8k new! And it's a much better car than this Bravo.

https://www.proton.com/en/find-a-car/saga/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom