What's new

Unemployment rate in Pakistan decreased to 4.5 percent in 2019 from 5.5 percent in 2018

I seriously doubt the story being told through these stats here. It seems like something changed.

Usually you do not see sharp declines in unemployment rate during economic downturns and financial crises. Certainly this supposed decrease shouldn't be taken at face value, maybe they changed the index or methodology in 2018. Even if we factor a higher rate of growth during 2015-2018, it still wouldn't explain such a sharp unemployment decline in 2018-19.

I think this could be because of the rise in the adoption of freelancing, content creation, and small businesses. This article explains the growth of freelancing in Pakistan. Since, the number of people looking for jobs is decreased that could directly account for the low unemployment rate. There could be other factors as well. This is just one point of the critical analysis.

Why is Pakistan's unemployment rate data very much contradictory on different websites. Is it due to a different methodology being used?

these figures not seem realistic as after covid19 many have lost jobs and are currently unemployed,whole world employment rate has fallen but our has increased which seems fake news and will further damage credibility of our statistics
No dude. Thesse are 2019s. Carona started in February /march.
Even if it is june 2019 to june 2020. We still half carona free year.
And construction packagae to industry, loans to youngsters for businesses. A huge number of online businesses. Carona virus related business all proped up.
So yeah it is ttue

Why is Pakistan's unemployment rate data very much contradictory on different websites. Is it due to a different methodology being used?
Maybe. This data is same at Pakistan's Bureau of Statistics.

more than unemployment underemployment is bigger problem. i have seen degree holder doing fruit chaat,shwarma, uber, rikshaw odd jobs etc.

The issue of underemployment has also improved in the past years.
During 2014-2018, I've seen also seen many degree holders doing these jobs but recently I've surveyed my classmates, friends, and some other people and all of them are working in some companies. Moreover, people are now moving more towards digital startups, blogging, and content creation that has also helped in improving this issue.

Only if you are a tiger force member. :lol:

Stats and facts show that. It has nothing to do with being a member of the tiger force.

why gdp is declining if these statistics are correct,I think they have included beggars and people who are getting money as aid and grants due to poverty as being employed,I personally know many of fresh graduates who are unable to get induction after completion of studies as I am member of many whatsapp group related to employment,unlike in past this number is higher,online jobs like freelancing is not related to performance of our govt but due to demand and employers in foreign countries
No dude. Thesse are 2019s. Carona started in February /march.
Even if it is june 2019 to june 2020. We still half carona free year.
And construction packagae to industry, loans to youngsters for businesses. A huge number of online businesses. Carona virus related business all proped up.
So yeah it is ttue

Back
Top Bottom