Reaction score
Country
United States
logo.jpg

UN Clash: Miss Iraq Sarah Idan Calls Out Abuses By Iraqi Government

Friday, June 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Iraq at the 41st Session of the UN Human Rights Council:

• “Trials in Iraq are free.”

• “We do not impose restrictions on social networks and we do not block websites.”

• “The government in Iraq is working very seriously to develop the sector of public health to provide treatment to all the people of Iraq.”

• “Judges in Iraq have high salaries so they will not accept bribes.”

Miss Iraq Sarah Idan, UN Watch’s 2019 Ambassador for Peace, takes the floor:

“Madam Vice-President, speaking as a migrant woman from Iraq, I commend the Special Rapporteur for his important report. Mr. Morales, on page 8 you address the root causes that drive migration, including the need to flee conflict and persecution, food insecurity, and gender-based discrimination. I wish to share some personal reflections that exemplify the issues that drive migration, especially migrant women.

I am Sarah Idan, Miss Iraq 2017. Representing my people on the world stage is a mission I take seriously.

Six million Iraqis have been displaced due to conflict since 2014.

Several factors, including those addressed by the report in paragraphs 30 to 32, may explain migration from my country:

• Security forces in Basra kill protesters who merely demand clean drinking water, electricity, and an end to corruption.

• Iraqi migrants flee terrible living conditions, ongoing terror attacks, and assassination of public figures, especially women.

• Assyrians, Yazidis and other minorities are oppressed. Iraq which was known as the cradle of civilizations has now become a graveyard for ethnic and religious diversity.

Iraqi migrants believe that their government showed more loyalty to Iran than to its own people. They see streets named after Khomeini who murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

I ask the UN: Why has this Council never adopted a single resolution for the human rights of the Iraqi people?

How could you elect a government that oppresses its own people as a world guardian of human rights? Thank you.”

Iraq responds:

“Thank you for giving us a right of reply on this unreliable information, not in line with the noble goals of this organization. They seem to be mixing up the victim and the henchmen.

Iraq guarantees all its citizens the right to peaceful assembly and expression and the right to demonstrate. We have not one single detainee in our prisons detained because of their opinion. Thank you.”

logo.png

JULY 3, 2019 2:04 PM

In UNHRC Speech, Ex-Miss Iraq Sarah Idan Blasts Antisemitism, ‘Biased’ Media Coverage Against Israel
sghermezian-avatar.jpg
by Shiryn Ghermezian

icon-video.png

Former Miss Iraq Sarah Idan, right, speaking alongside former Miss Israel Adar Gandelsman at the AJC Global Forum in June 2018. Photo: Screenshot / YouTube.

Former Miss Iraq Sarah Idan criticized media bias against Israel and antisemitism taught in Muslim countries while speaking at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Switzerland, recently.

Idan, recently named an Ambassador for Peace by the monitoring NGO UN Watch, began her speech at the UNHRC on June 26 by recalling the death threats she received after posting on social media a photo with Miss Israel, Adar Gandelsman, at the 2017 Miss Universe pageant. The Iraqi government ordered her to take down a photo and denounce Israel, both of which she refused to do. Since then she has not been able to return to her homeland, she said.

“Why did the Iraqi government fail to condemn the threats, or allow my freedom of speech?” the 29-year-old asked. “The issue between Arabs and Israelis goes beyond policy disagreements. It’s deeply rooted in the belief systems taught in Muslim countries, which are antisemitic.”

Idan spoke at the UNHRC after representatives from Syria, Pakistan, Qatar, the Palestine Liberation Organization and Venezuela accused Israel of “grave violations of human rights” and “state terrorism.”

Idan said hatred and intolerance were reinforced by “biased media,” adding, “When I watched the news last month, why did they never report that the Hamas terrorist organization fired nearly 700 rockets at Israeli civilians in one weekend or that Hamas used Palestinians in Gaza as human shields? Why do they never condemn Hamas for initiating the attacks? Instead, they only show those killed by the response, in self-defense, and blame Israel.”

The former beauty queen has been called a “traitor” for her peace advocacy, and she pointed out that “Arab media” never asked for her opinion on Middle East issues, and instead only “publish false translations of my statements.”

“I’d like to remind Arab countries that today you share more common interests with Israel than the terrorist militias,” she said. “Negotiating peace for both states isn’t betraying the Arab cause, but a vital step to end conflict and suffering for all. Thank you.”

Watch Sarah Idan’s full speech below:

THOT is pissing all over her fellow Iraqi veterans who died in the wars against Israel so she can have extra fame, that's the era we are living in

maybe it wasn't so bad after all that that Instagam hoe in Baghdad was removed so she doesn't inspire other girls over there with that nonsense

THOT is pissing all over her fellow Iraqi veterans who died in the wars against Israel so she can have extra fame, that's the era we are living in

maybe it wasn't so bad after all that that Instagam hoe in Baghdad was removed so she doesn't inspire other girls over there with that nonsense
That is why you ignore stories by dissidents residing in western countries

That is why you ignore stories by dissidents residing in western countries

I am not part of the group she is trying to target with her nonsense, she's targeting westerners mostly to influence them and they do not know what I know, they will fall for a pretty face saying these things. Her being an Iraqi makes her more credible than a white man to speak about such matters of course, her true intentions are of personal gain despite the harm it may bring on her country. That said, if she's here to portray herself as a UNHCR or other human rights agency face then she is of no use as it makes her no different from Malala and Nadia Murad.

Every now and then some Saudi girl escapes from Saudi Arabia and goes on a rant of how they found freedom like that 18 year old who ended up in Canada only to tell us that she's craving and eating bacon. Since when does someone that never ate bacon crave bacon? I don't get it, I do not crave that shit since I never ate it and I live in Europe for all my life. This is a trend and it's mostly done using girls/women.

THOT is pissing all over her fellow Iraqi veterans who died in the wars against Israel

Really? enlighten us please. How many Iraqis died in wars with Israel and in what circumstances ?

~

Really? enlighten us please. How many Iraqis dies in the hands of Israel ?

That's irrelevant.

And even if there's peace with Israel then what will Iraq benefit from that? Let's see, nothing actually. It would formally open the route between the KRG and Israel to cooperate in the destruction of Iraq. Iraq is no Scandinavia, the religion is not peaceful. The easiest thing to do is to criticize and lash out about abuses and human rights, every monkey can do that and she's using fulfilling that, for personal gain in several ways. Not that it matters too much if you want to parade this around and support her have a go at it, won't make a difference.

That's irrelevant.

And even if there's peace with Israel then what will Iraq benefit from that? Let's see, nothing actually. It would formally open the route between the KRG and Israel to cooperate in the destruction of Iraq. Iraq is no Scandinavia, the religion is not peaceful. The easiest thing to do is to criticize and lash out about abuses and human rights, every monkey can do that and she's using fulfilling that, for personal gain in several ways. Not that it matters too much if you want to parade this around and support her have a go at it, won't make a difference.

Peace is a benefit by itself.

Not to mention everything else

I am not part of the group she is trying to target with her nonsense, she's targeting westerners mostly to influence them and they do not know what I know, they will fall for a pretty face saying these things. Her being an Iraqi makes her more credible than a white man to speak about such matters of course, her true intentions are of personal gain despite the harm it may bring on her country. That said, if she's here to portray herself as a UNHCR or other human rights agency face then she is of no use as it makes her no different from Malala and Nadia Murad.

Every now and then some Saudi girl escapes from Saudi Arabia and goes on a rant of how they found freedom like that 18 year old who ended up in Canada only to tell us that she's craving and eating bacon. Since when does someone that never ate bacon crave bacon? I don't get it, I do not crave that shit since I never ate it and I live in Europe for all my life. This is a trend and it's mostly done using girls/women.
Look at Ensaf Hedri,the Iranian dissidents,Hussain Haqqani the dissidents in western countries that the media portrays as heroes of demo oracy are nothing more than tools they use to exert pressure

Back
Top Bottom