What's new

UK PM sees Sheikh Hasina as his inspiration

Hasina now directly accusing the US of masterminding her future removal during a BBC interview with her.

If people had any doubts so far - this should clear it.

@bluesky bhai and myself have been predicting this for the better part of a year.

You're welcome.

But but @Bilal9 bhai , our genius economist @UKBengali sir won't agree!

Because s/he knows that Helen of Bangladesh is playing with super powers and balancing!

So who knows about the empress better? @UKBengali or empress herself? 🤔

Screenshot_2023-05-17-21-47-12-04.jpg

UK-Bangladesh “bilateral meeting” claims untrue​

False claims of formal meeting with UK prime minister likely to further tarnish the reputation of Sheikh Hasina's authoritarian government.

Netra News
May 12th 2023
UK-Bangladesh “bilateral meeting” claims untrue

Supporters of the Bangladesh prime minister Sheikh Hasina outside Claridges Hotel. Hasina had come to London to attend the coronation of King Charles III. Bangladesh opposition parties protested her presence on the other side of the road. Photo: Alamy

In what might be seen as a rather desperate ploy to garner wider perceptions of greater international legitimacy for Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and her increasingly authoritarian government, Bangladesh’s High Commission in the UK has misrepresented a recent informal conversation between her and the UK prime minister as a “bilateral meeting”.

Bangladeshi media, quoting the Bangladesh High Commission, referred to a conversation between Sheikh Hasina and Rishi Sunak at Marlborough House on May 5th, the day before the coronation of King Charles III, as a “maiden bilateral meeting” between the two leaders. The government press agency BSS distributed a report titled “PM Hasina holds maiden bilateral talks with Sunak” which was widely reproduced in the Bangladeshi media.

Saida Muna Tasneem, the High Commissioner, also told reporters that, “Sunak had meetings with only seven [of the heads of state and government visiting from 130 countries] including Bangladesh’s prime minister, which manifests that Bangladesh has wonderful relations with the UK in terms of political, diplomatic and economic [matters]".

However, a UK government official confirmed to Netra News that “the only formal bilateral meetings that took place with the UK prime minister resulted in press statements on the prime minister's website.”

The Downing Street website provides press statements reporting bilateral meetings on May 4th and 5th between the UK prime minister and the prime ministers of Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Spain; the presidents of Brazil and Rwanda; and the Emir of Qatar. There is no press release relating to any meeting held with Sheikh Hasina. 10 Downing Street in fact tweeted: “The Prime Minister has held talks with leaders from Rwanda, Australia, New Zealand, Qatar and Brazil, who are in London for the #Coronation.” Again no mention of Bangladesh.

1684547481990.png
Tweet sent on the UK Prime Minister's Twitter feed

The government official went on to say that any “other conversations with world leaders” — like that held with Sheikh Hasina — “were informal conversations during the receptions at Buckingham palace and Marlborough House.”

There is a video on the Awami League twitter feed of such an informal conversation between the two prime ministers in which it appears that the Sunak was asking her about her niece and the labour MP, Tulip Siddiq. Sunak says: “… She asked me… I don’t think she has asked for one recently, actually. I will check next time I see her… Are you seeing her while you are here?... Are you here for a few days?” One cannot hear Hasina’s responses to these questions.

1684547482032.png
Sitting side by side, the informal conversation between the two leaders that the Bangladesh High Commission claimed was a bilateral meeting.

Sunak's family "fans of Sheikh Hasina"?

What then should one make of the the Bangladesh High Commissioner claims that the UK prime minister had said that “his two daughters and wife are admirers of Hasina, and he wished his daughters to be great leaders like her.”

Indeed, the Awami League have been circulating on social media this quote supposedly said by Rishi Sunak which reads: “I have two little daughters. They and my wife are all fans of Prime minister Sheikh Hasina. I want my two daughters to become leaders like Sheikh Hasina.”

1684547482076.png

This Awami League social media poster claims that Rishi Sunak said: “I have two little daughters. They and my wife are all fans of Prime minister Sheikh Hasina. I want my two daughters to become leaders like Sheikh Hasina.”

With the High Commissioner not telling the truth about the very nature of the meeting between the two prime ministers — turning an “informal conversation” into a “bilateral meeting” — should one give credibility to anything she said about the conversation itself? This is a particularly pertinent question as the High Commission has just recently been caught red-handed in fibbing (or at least misrepresenting) the facts about the Bangladesh government’s role in certain 50th anniversary events in the UK.

There certainly was a time in the past when international leaders might well have had good reasons to say such laudatory things about Sheikh Hasina — perhaps during the Ershad period, or even in the 1990s. But it would be very surprising if any democratic leader could be quite so praiseworthy about Hasina in her current incarnation as the Bangladeshi prime minister, who despite social economic and social gains, has turned the country in a striking authoritarian direction, with rigged elections, a miserable human rights record and serious press censorship.

However, there is no accounting for taste — or indeed lack of knowledge about Bangladesh’s contemporary politics — and with 10 Downing Street not responding to queries about what the UK prime minister did or did not say to Hasina in their “informal” conversation, one can’t discount the possibility that Sunak did say this.

If that was the case, then while this may well play as good propaganda in Bangladesh, it probably does not play so well within Downing Street who would not be at all happy that Muna Tasneem has briefed out private informal conversations to the press in this manner.

So, either the High Commissioner has inaccurately quoted the UK prime minister or she has divulged to the media private conversations with a world leader, which, any diplomat with rudimentary knowledge should know is highly unprofessional. Whichever of these, Bangladesh’s reputation in London is likely to have taken a bit of a nose-dive.

Netra News sought a response from the Bangladesh High Commission but at the time of publication, has not heard back.

This Awami League social media poster claims that Rishi Sunak said: “I have two little daughters. They and my wife are all fans of Prime minister Sheikh Hasina. I want my two daughters to become leaders like Sheikh Hasina.”
I ask the BAL social media, propagandist, to post a video clip to let us see what the British PM actually said. I understand the meeting was informal in nature to exchange greetings.

No politics was discussed here. The British FM met her in her hotel and conveyed to her that the UK is with the USA on the matter of the next general election that it must be fair and shall be participated by all major parties.

But, the BAL party started to propagate a meeting with Rishi Sunak a great success of Hasina diplomacy. This bitch woman is fully spoiled.

I believe she is more worried about the Pilkhana killing. There are good reasons that she, Mirza Azam, Nanak, and Sk. Selim should be worried once the BAL party is out of power. They conspired and brought Indian agents to kill the BA officers.

@leonblack08

I believe she is more worried about the Pilkhana killing. There are good reasons that she, Mirza Azam, Nanak, and Sk. Selim should be worried once the BAL party is out of power. They conspired and brought Indian agents to kill the BA officers.

@leonblack08

Unfortunately army top brass has been completely cleaned up through Pilkhana massacre and forced retirements and resignations of non-BAL leaning senior officers post-Pilkhana.

BAL has been brutal in their efforts to completely turn the military leadership with their loyalists. Don't expect too much from military to help remove BAL.

Unfortunately army top brass has been completely cleaned up through Pilkhana massacre and forced retirements and resignations of non-BAL leaning senior officers post-Pilkhana.
The purges show how the BAL party is adamant to establish one party and one family dictatorship as it has been in North Korea.

BAL has been brutal in their efforts to completely turn the military leadership with their loyalists. Don't expect too much from military to help remove BAL.
The military completely changes if these purges are allowed to continue for a few decades or generations. Like it is in North Korea or Vietnam. BD still has people who have the guts to think freely.

They now hide their thinking by not talking. They do not talk even about the Pilkhana Carnage. They are saving their jobs and heads.

But, things will change when the election approaches. The military cannot take over a country without the tacit approval of America. So, I think, if Hasina Bibi disturbs a fair election, there will be movements inside the army but without the current COAS.

He is almost a Shaikh family man. His father worked in the smuggling company of Sk. Nasser the Uncle of Nation.

পিপীলিকার পাখা গজায় মরিবার তরে

Hasina seems to be forgetting where we get the export dollars from.

Her recent petty activities are akin to bosti er beti. First the picture of Padma bridge and now this. Petty.
Hasina may be thinking that the US women get dressed thanks to Bangladesh.

But, who knows what China is telling Hasina if BD exports are sanctioned by America. China will withdraw its trillion dollars now deposited in American banks and give it to Hasina.

Actually, I cannot trust Hasina’s intelligence. Perhaps, you know this woman carried a Padma Bridge photograph with her and presented it to the WB President.

The only purpose is to taunt him for refusing a bridge loan. What a heinous woman is this Hasina Bibi!!

The BAL twitter handle called this a bilateral meaning. So that's what Bangladesh govt has been reduced to , sitting awkwardly on some side chair in a corridor is a bilateral meeting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are correct about the paranoia and panic. She knows that the end is near and she can't do jack about it.

India that she bet her future on, will not help either. Except to offer lip service, which is free. Typical.

Right on point about the "petty" part. Her confidence in her future is gone, as we can see with her comments and actions.
I believe Hasina should seek safe exit which may not come so easily. But, she should return a few billions of stolen money to the State coffer and ask the Opposition for a clemency from her part in the killing of BA officers in Pilkhana.
By the way, no one knows the whereabouts of her son Joy Kumar in America. No photographs of family get together when she visited America recently.
The enemies of BD are flaming he ran away to Dubai with part of his cash money. The same with also sputum Kumari. They may be building a safe house and Haven for Hasina there.
I have seen at least two Indians among the Pilkhana BDR.They were in Hindu style not trying to hide their identity. And this Traitor woman is our PM.
Hasina should be hanged a thousand times.

I believe Hasina should seek safe exit which may not come so easily. But, she should return a few billions of stolen money to the State coffer and ask the Opposition for a clemency from her part in the killing of BA officers in Pilkhana.
By the way, no one knows the whereabouts of her son Joy Kumar in America. No photographs of family get together when she visited America recently.
The enemies of BD are flaming he ran away to Dubai with part of his cash money. The same with also sputum Kumari. They may be building a safe house and Haven for Hasina there.
I have seen at least two Indians among the Pilkhana BDR.They were in Hindu style not trying to hide their identity. And this Traitor woman is our PM.
Hasina should be hanged a thousand times.

Rumor has it that all of the Hasina offsprings are overseas (Putul and Joy). Joy has been denied entry in the US and is somewhere in one of the Russian block countries. Putul is in UAE like you said - and her money is parked there too for the time being.

Hasina essentially has nowhere to turn.

Her cabinet members and BAL MP's are planning ways to exit the country, where they go and scatter off remains to be seen.

There is one other factor which is the UN overseas appointments and earnings by the military which is a huge issue. A large part of which comes from Western nations including the US.

If this is threatened then Army top brass will turn against Hasina in no time flat (regardless of cash, perks and benefits she gave the Army top brass).

Yeh Ruti Ruji ka baat hai - hits too close to the pocketbook ! :-)

Last edited:
Rumor has it that all of the Hasina offsprings are overseas (Putul and Joy). Joy has been denied entry in the US and is somewhere in one of the Russian block countries. Putul is in UAE like you said - and her money is parked there too for the time being.

Hasina essentially has nowhere to turn.

Her cabinet members and BAL MP's are planning ways to exit the country, where they go and scatter off remains to be seen.

There is one other factor which is the UN overseas appointments and earnings by the military which is a huge issue. A large part of which comes from Western nations including the US.

If this is threatened then Army top brass will turn against Hasina in no time flat (regardless of cash, perks and benefits she gave the Army top brass).

Yeh Ruti Ruji ka baat hai - hits too close to the pocketbook ! :-)
If Hasina goes to Russia, Putin the Russian thief will take away most of her stolen money and allow her to live in a small Dutcha. But, as far as I understand, Hasina will not regret what she was doing as the PM of BD. Her father was not a thief, but she, Rehana, Joy Kumar and Putul Kumari are all great thieves without an iota of shame.

Hasina and her cronies did not learn a thing from the similar cases in other autocratic countries. She was thinking how efficiently to play with America, China, and India against each other as if there is no ill-fated tomorrow. Now, the bad tomorrow has come.
YouTube guys are telling that Joy Kumar cannot enter America, Putul Kumari in the UAE, and even Hasina’s visa may have been cancelled.

No wonder, she was crying for going to other great Continents like Africa where many of BD people are working. Not bad if Hasina also takes shelter there.

Last edited:
Hasina Bibi asked our Godi media not to print the information that the UK PM requested her to be called Mother.

No wonder that our mass media are hiding it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom