ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

UK PM sees Sheikh Hasina as his inspiration​

BSS
London
Published: 06 May 2023, 03: 33

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina and her UK counterpart Rishi Sunak

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina and her UK counterpart Rishi SunakBSS

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (UK) Rishi Sunak has called Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina as a successful economic leader, saying, "You're an inspiration for us."

"I’ve been following you for many years. You're a successful economic leader," Bangladesh high commissioner to the UK Saida Muna Tasneem quoted Sunak as telling the Bangladesh premier during their maiden bilateral meeting at the Commonwealth Secretariat’s Bilateral Meeting Room on Friday (local time).

According to Tasneem, the UK premier said both of his daughters as well as his wife are big fan of her (Sheikh Hasina) and he wished his daughters to be great leader like Sheikh Hasina.

"You're a great inspiration for my daughters," Sunak said.

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina poses with her UK counterpart Rishi Sunak  at the Commonwealth secretariat on 5 May, 2023.

Prime minister Sheikh Hasina poses with her UK counterpart Rishi Sunak at the Commonwealth secretariat on 5 May, 2023.BSS

The British prime minister highly lauded the leadership of Sheikh Hasina for Bangladesh's prosperity alongside providing shelter to Rohingyas and houses to the landless, homeless people at government expenses alongside her glorious role in various international forums including climate change.

Sunak said Bangladesh’s economic progress is remarkable referring to maintaining over six per cent economic growth during post Covid-19 pandemic period.

He described the Bangladesh prime minister as a "role model" for development.

The leaders discussed various issues related to mutual benefits of the two countries while their meeting lasted for 35 minutes.

"Our relation has been wonderful over the last 50 years," Sunak said, adding that the UK values the relationship with Bangladesh.

At the outset of the meeting, Sheikh Hasina congratulated Rishi Sunak on becoming the prime minister of the UK.

"Coming from the Asian heritage, you’ve become a prime minister at such a young age. I feel good to see such young leadership," she said.

The Bangladesh premier said her government had already given houses to 700,000 (7 lakh) families.

At the time she also sought larger investment from British companies in Bangladesh.

The British premier said, “We have enhanced business relations between the two countries."

He also expressed his satisfaction over signing a joint communiqué between Dhaka and London.

Both the leaders talked about Rohingya issue as well.

Sunak hailed his Bangladeshi counterpart’s humanitarian gesture for sheltering such a huge number of Rohingyas.

Diplomats use many words of appeasement to their counterparts and also newspapers in BD report high-level meetings that only their own reporters can hear.

However, I am happy to note that the British PM did not want a voteless midnight election for his own country with the longest history of democracy and fair election.

Usually, a sitting British PM completely vacates his official residence at 10 Downing Street with all his belongings quite a few days before the election so that no one can blame him for interfering with the general election.

How about our Golden Bangladesh led by Hasina Bibi and before that Sk Mujib? As far as I remember, Hasina even passed a law in her previous term to steal Banga Bhaban. It belongs to her now.

She must be praised for introducing this democratic tradition and be nominated for a Nobel Prize.

Parliamentary democracy is a British tradition. It may not suit people with peasant sharecropper backgrounds like it is in BD.

Last edited:
Yes infamous propaganda that already debunked! Shall Prothom Alo not learn lesson ever?

However I won't blame BAL cronies, they believe all such rumors!

They also believe that queen Elizabeth called Hasina's name in her death bed!

Ps - OP should post a news link from British media! ( Or at least a video of the conversation) If British prime minister said so , it should be published in British media!

Indian and Bangladeshi propaganda machines aren't acceptable for any sane person, period!

Last edited:
Usually, a sitting British PM completely vacates his official residence at 10 Downing Street with all his belongings quite a few days before the election so that no one can blame him for interfering with the general election.

Absolutely not true, where did you get this bizzare nonsense from?

However approximately 2 months prior to election the british civil service enter a period called 'Purdah' where no major decision is taken by senior civil service leadership.

PM and ministers retains complete right to make decision before and after election up until a new PM has been appointed by the King.

At which point for a single day (realistically about 2 hours) civil service takes charge of government during transition from one PM to another.

For one week after that minister from previous administration serves under the new PM and transitions their portfolio to new ministers.

"Purdah" traditionally ends about two weeks after new PM is installed.

If there is a hung parliament "purdah" extends but the previous PM stays in power until the PM is appointed.

Caretaker government does not exist in britain and standing PMs are trusted to run a free and fair election.

Inspiration! America and British ra doraise! :sarcastic:

Attachments

• inspiration.jpg
    inspiration.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 32
British PM will certainly now dismiss democracy and will follow Hasina's steps to introduce dictatorship in England.

Last edited:
Inspiration!

একেই বলে, বিনাশকালে বিপরীত বুদ্ধি!

@Bilal9 , @leonblack08 brothers , any opinion about it?

বাঘের লেজ দিয়ে কান চুলকানো হচ্ছে কিনা বুঝতে পারছি না!

Inspiration!

One thing is clear - these people are even less clueful than we previously realized !! Goru Gadhas.

Pissing off Western High Commissioners and Ambassadors by shutting down their privileges is pointless - and tantamount to harassing them. I don't think the govt. spends all that much money by providing security detail to these people.

The ire of the present govt. focused toward the US foreign mission in Bangladesh will not bode well for the current govt.

One thing is clear - these people are even less clueful than we previously realized !! Goru Gadhas.

Pissing off Western High Commissioners and Ambassadors by shutting down their privileges is pointless - and tantamount to harassing them. I don't think the govt. spends all that much money by providing security detail to these people.

The ire of the present govt. focused toward the US foreign mission in Bangladesh will not bode well for the current govt.
Hasina Bibi is short-sighted in nature. But, she also is worried about vacating the seat of Prime Ministership because of the thinking of her being tried and hanged for staging the Pilkhana carnage.

The moment she steps down, she will be arrested. I cannot blame her. ভাবিয়া করিও কাজ করিয়া ভাবিওনা। Wise people think 100 times before talking once, but she did the most heinous thing by killing his own military with the help of India.

Hasina Bibi is now going through the phase of Paronia and I expect her to talk more stupid things out of panic.

Inspiration!

পিপীলিকার পাখা গজায় মরিবার তরে

Hasina seems to be forgetting where we get the export dollars from.

Her recent petty activities are akin to bosti er beti. First the picture of Padma bridge and now this. Petty.

Her recent petty activities are akin to bosti er beti. First the picture of Padma bridge and now this. Petty.
Here is a related video of Pinaky! Here non Bengalis also can watch because, in a part the direct video clip of Hasina - Sunak conversation!

A clear answer to the lies of the chamchas of empress!

Hasina Bibi is short-sighted in nature. But, she also is worried about vacating the seat of Prime Ministership because of the thinking of her being tried and hanged for staging the Pilkhana carnage.

The moment she steps down, she will be arrested. I cannot blame her. ভাবিয়া করিও কাজ করিয়া ভাবিওনা। Wise people think 100 times before talking once, but she did the most heinous thing by killing his own military with the help of India.

Hasina Bibi is now going through the phase of Paronia and I expect her to talk more stupid things out of panic.

You are correct about the paranoia and panic. She knows that the end is near and she can't do jack about it.

India that she bet her future on, will not help either. Except to offer lip service, which is free. Typical.

Right on point about the "petty" part. Her confidence in her future is gone, as we can see with her comments and actions.

Hasina now directly accusing the US of masterminding her future removal during a BBC interview with her.

If people had any doubts so far - this should clear it.

@bluesky bhai and myself have been predicting this for the better part of a year.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom