What's new

UAE to Announce $1 Billion in Financial Assistance to Pakistan

salman77

Reaction score
A delegation from the United Arab Emirates is set to meet with Pakistani officials to discuss ways to increase trade between the two countries and is likely to announce $1 billion in financial assistance to Pakistan, Dunya News reported Oct. 26.

With Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves decreasing significantly, securing assistance from the United Arab Emirates would help Pakistan avoid defaulting on its debt. If confirmed, this would also add to the funds already issued by Saudi Arabia earlier this week. Islamabad is hoping to lessen its dependence on the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

https://worldview.stratfor.com/situation-report/pakistan-uae-announce-1-billion-financial-assistance

Last edited:
InshaAllah this will be confirmed. Bit by bit if investment can turn into intrastructure, industry and jobs, the nations hopes will be looking up.

I'm still waiting for the real game changer though - Pakistan to develop a green energy industry.

I would rather they all invest into Pakistan than just hand the money over. We need successful businesses more than just one off donations - this way we get forex AND employment/taxes/exports.

I would rather they all invest into Pakistan than just hand the money over. We need successful businesses more than just one off donations - this way we get forex AND employment/taxes/exports.
How about both

Back
Top Bottom