What's new

UAE interested in installing oil refinery in Pakistan: Qureshi

salman77

Reaction score
Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has said that the UAE has showed an interest in establishing an oil refinery in Pakistan.

“It will also help create job opportunities for Pakistanis,” the foreign minister said after meeting a UAE delegation on Friday.

Qureshi said that the UAE will establish an LNG terminal in Pakistan and will also consider providing financial help.

The minister said that the UAE delegation is visiting Pakistan on the direct orders of UAE Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.

Qureshi said that the agriculture sector was also discussed and they exchanged views over fruit exports. “We also discussed the possibility of installing a food processing factory to increase the life of Pakistani products.”

The minister said that Pakistan has sought the UAE’s help to address the water crisis. They will help us install water distillation plants, he remarked.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2018/10/uae-interested-in-installing-oil-refinery-in-pakistan-qureshi/

What about the desanilation plant in Karachi? There was a talk about that project with UAE.

How many oil refineries do we need :what: unless it will be either the Saudis or UAE?

The Saudi one is supposed to be one of the largest in the world. Surely that would be enough?

Imran Khan recently quoted the need of 2 Oil refineries during Ryiadh conference.

Unless these are to also serve China, these might end up being a waste of money. But the Govt/Saudis/UAE know better I suppose.

so we needed 2 oil refineries in Pakistan considering the demand, since the already functioning refineries(3 or 4?) were not enough...and now KSA and UAE will both build one each, fulfilling this need.

Good news.

10-15 years down the road EVs will have penetrated substantially into our car market. What will we do with all these oil refineries then?

Unless these are to also serve China, these might end up being a waste of money. But the Govt/Saudis/UAE know better I suppose.
tow mega oil refinery projects were planned during Musharaf era with the initial planning of Gawadar city, If I am not wrong UAE was to establish oil refinery in Hub, Balochistan.

10-15 years down the road EVs will have penetrated substantially into our car market. What will we do with all these oil refineries then?
Oil to be used in industrial sector and power generation.

Build refineries and buy steel from pakistan steel mill

UAE already signed MoU for refinery years ago and then ran away. I think we must focus on generating cheap and clean electricity and setup target to switch to EVs at least for within city travel.

Half of our oil import is refined as our current refining capacity can meet only half of our domestic requirement. So, I don't think even if 2 refineries installed we will be in position to export refined oil.

Back
Top Bottom