What's new

UAE in final stages of talks to buy Rafale jets-air chief

What so called influence you really meant here ? LOL

@ topic

Good for both France and UAE. No doubt France has gone strict with their policy regarding Rafael sale to Indians after having so many potential buyers this year.

AoA
PAF is greatly respected in Arab countries. having a superior kill ratio against Israel is one reason.
Regards

AoA
PAF is greatly respected in Arab countries. having a superior kill ratio against Israel is one reason.
Regards

WuS!
what ever ...PAF is not superior to French Airforce or USAF...p.s PAF was the thing of past just like PIA was regarded as a benchmark in 60s for UAE and Saudia airlines

if this is deal is done , the mirage 2K-9 might go to a lucky new user
Well I don't know why you keep on insisting this. I have personally clarified this on the forum a couple of time now. This was the idea a few years back, but this policy has changed. They are not going anywhere.

They might shift to Russian aircrafts if Pak gets Su-35. We have influence over them.
Not really. Procurement is as much political as technical.

AoA
Regards

It's not only that, but their discipline, dedication and perseverance in the face of extreme odds. AND lastly, mutual respect.

WuS!
what ever ...PAF is not superior to French Airforce or USAF...p.s PAF was the thing of past just like PIA was regarded as a benchmark in 60s for UAE and Saudia airlines

In terms of training and pilot skills, it might actually exceed them.

They need to grow some balls, No matter how many jet they buy.. Arabs are only good at riding camels..

You might want to read this article:

Ashton Carter: Gulf Arabs Need to Get in the Fight
Carter said that the U.A.E., is a country more fully committed to fighting on its own behalf. “The Emiratis have a small but capable force, but the other Gulf states, Egypt, and so forth, they don’t."
U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter: Gulf States Need to Get in the Fight Against ISIS and Iran - The Atlantic

i am pretty sure i didn't say or asked before :D maybe you meant @black-hawk_101
Apologies if it wasn't you.

You might want to read this article:

Ashton Carter: Gulf Arabs Need to Get in the Fight
Carter said that the U.A.E., is a country more fully committed to fighting on its own behalf. “The Emiratis have a small but capable force, but the other Gulf states, Egypt, and so forth, they don’t."
U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter: Gulf States Need to Get in the Fight Against ISIS and Iran - The Atlantic

Apologies if it wasn't you.

The Emiratis have a small but capable force, but the other Gulf states, Egypt, and so forth, they don’t. Egypt still has a very large conventionally oriented, war-with-Israel military, which is odd, given the kaleidoscope of problems they have around them.”
Please complete the sentence at least.

What so called influence you really meant here ? LOL

@ topic

Good for both France and UAE. No doubt France has gone strict with their policy regarding Rafael sale to Indians after having so many potential buyers this year.

I think I'm not biased but if PNAF has money then they might have gone for about 50 Rafaels easily. I think now it's confirmed that UAE is buying about 60 Rafaels to replace the 68 M-20009s.

There was a hint in the few months ago that UAE and Qatar will give away their M2Ks as a gift to Egypt for its participation in the operation against Houthis.
Also, some people were just saying not confirmed at all that Kuwait will give away their F-18s to Malaysia for their participation in the conflict.

What do you say?

Well I don't know why you keep on insisting this. I have personally clarified this on the forum a couple of time now. This was the idea a few years back, but this policy has changed. They are not going anywhere.

It's not only that, but their discipline, dedication and perseverance in the face of extreme odds. AND lastly, mutual respect.

So UAE will have:

79+39 F-16s
68 M-2000s
60 Rafaels

why not acquire some more M-2000s from Egypt and Qatar as they might be doing from South America too.

AoA
Thanks for the compliment
Regards

The Emiratis have a small but capable force, but the other Gulf states, Egypt, and so forth, they don’t. Egypt still has a very large conventionally oriented, war-with-Israel military, which is odd, given the kaleidoscope of problems they have around them.”
Please complete the sentence at least.

I didn't think the remaining sentence had credibility, so I left it out. Link has been provided to the OP, please fell free to read it.

AIRSHOW-UAE in final stages of talks to buy Rafale jets-air chief| Reuters

View attachment 271125

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is in the final stages of negotiations to buy French Rafale fighter jets, the head of the Gulf nation's air force told Reuters on Wednesday.

Defence sources have said Abu Dhabi is looking to purchase 60 fighter jets and is closely studying the Dassault-built Rafale after an earlier evaluation of the four-nation Eurofighter.

"I think we are in the final stage of negotiations," Major General Ibrahim Nasser Al Alawi, commander of the UAE Air Force and Air Defence, said when asked how close the UAE was to a deal to buy the Rafale.

He also stressed that no final decision had been taken.
60 for how much ??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom