What's new

Type 69 Mk. II G Main Battle Tank

Hmmm...I also read Al-Khalid 2 project is also on the pipeline,may in this forum.That means our Indian friends will certainly feel uncomfortable!

alkhalid 2 will jointly turkey pakistan 5th genration tank .:chilli:

As Charles Yeager a USAF pilot put it "you gotta rememeber its the man not the machine"

During the 1973 Israeli Arab war the alleged "superior" Syrian tanks of the time ie T55s and T62s were being knocked out by Israeli Shermans a world war 2 vintage machine.

My point is that just because statistics favour one machine on paper is not necessarily an accurate truth in reality.

As Charles Yeager a USAF pilot put it "you gotta rememeber its the man not the machine"

During the 1973 Israeli Arab war the alleged "superior" Syrian tanks of the time ie T55s and T62s were being knocked out by Israeli Shermans a world war 2 vintage machine.

My point is that just because statistics favour one machine on paper is not necessarily an accurate truth in reality.

As far as BD armed personnel are concerned,they are well trained and professional.
I agree with you though..

As far as BD armed personnel are concerned,they are well trained and professional.
I agree with you though..

ya, rite... Bangladesh has got many brilliant engineers and so does Pakistan...
I think Bangladesh and Pakistan should jointly start breaking new grounds on this...that would help us both...

I also asked before how it compares with the Arjun tanks,which is I think T-90.Don't have any details about Arjun tanks..anyone here??

Arjun!! you dont need any details to know about it...just know that its got the lowest quality of all the tanks...and as far as I know, 36 units were built since the '71 war... Correct me if i'm wrong...

This is the completely upgraded Type-69 MK II G MBT.Compare it with the second picture below which is not fully upgraded.Although main gun is 120mm smoothbarrel but the armour is different in the completely upgraded one.

compare to this:

its hart you but you can't compeare a tank wich made in 60s and a tank wich makes in 2000s.first of all type-69 and copy of type-90 is not same even its type-69 mk2000000000.secend alkhalid has world letest eqepmnt wich you can see only armor is 600mm wich is world no1 armor this time.you can read clearly whats alkhalid is.

Specifications
Weight 48 tonnes
Length 10.07 m
Width 3.50 m
Height 2.40 m
Crew 3

Armour 600 mm ERA, composite, & RHAe[1]
Primary
armament 125 mm smoothbore gun
Secondary
armament 12.7 mm antiaircraft, 7.62 mm coaxial machine guns
Engine 12-cylinder diesel model 6TD-2
1,200 hp (895 kW)
Power/weight 26 hp/tonne
Transmission torsion-bar
Operational
range 500 km
Speed 72 km/h

type-69 mkll

Specifications
Weight 36.7 tonnes[1]
Length 6.24 m (Hull)[1]
Width 3.3 m[1]
Height 2.80 m
Crew 4
Armor 203 mm
Primary
armament 100/105 mm rifled tank gun
Secondary
armament 7.62 mm coaxial and bow machine guns, 12.7 mm antiaircraft machine gun
Engine diesel
580 hp[1] (430 kW)
Power/weight 15.8 hp/tonne[1]
Suspension torsion-bar
Speed 50 km/h[1]

6989ee9a3d45f9e6ca455a07ee6a9c54.jpg

its looks baby tank in front of new tanks :enjoy:

Bro you need to appreciate this effort from BD, except ridicule it in any sence.:disagree: though they are a different class Tanks, but on part of BD its a great effort to find their own feet and standup to the indians which always threaten them.
My prays and encouragment is alway with my BD brothers, keep up the good work,as Pakistan and BD has joined hands in defence cooperation and INSHALLAH this will carry on for the years to come n will learn alot from each other experties:cheers:

This is the completely upgraded Type-69 MK II G MBT.Compare it with the second picture below which is not fully upgraded.Although main gun is 120mm smoothbarrel but the armour is different in the completely upgraded one.

compare to this:

Leon the tank in the first photo only has ERA added on two sides of the turret, there's no other conspicuous visible difference in armour.

Leon the tank in the first photo only has ERA added on two sides of the turret, there's no other conspicuous visible difference in armour.

I think you missed the blocks on the fully upgraded ones.I am no military expert but this looks different than the first one.
The main gun is same for both the pics,i.e. 120mm.

It is also reported upgraded one has NBC suit.:)

Improved version defiantly looks better and also a commendably achievement by BD engineer. We are to be proud of them. Now we can build as many as we want according to our need. I am waiting to see the Al-Zarar in BD soil soon. I understand it's being build in Bangladesh with help form our Pakistani brother. As BD's economy grow, I would like to see some Al-Khalid in the near future. Let us crank a notch or two. let us give migraine headache to India. What say brothers?????????:coffee:

Improved version defiantly looks better and also a commendably achievement by BD engineer. We are to be proud of them. Now we can build as many as we want according to our need. I am waiting to see the Al-Zarar in BD soil soon. I understand it's being build in Bangladesh with help form our Pakistani brother. As BD's economy grow, I would like to see some Al-Khalid in the near future. Let us crank a notch or two. let us give migraine headache to India. What say brothers?????????:coffee:

Upgrading of T-59s to Al-Zarrar already started I think with Pakistani help:pakistan:.The Type 69s were upgraded with the help of Chinese experts:china:.Surely our army engineers have done excellent work.

Al-Khalid may be procured once upgrading the existing tanks are complete.Though it is not confirmed:agree:

P.S. To give headache to India,we will have to look what hardware our Hasina Madam buys for our military ;)

What the difference if weapons are with chinese or pakistan
Buy as much as you can ..Those weapons will be lesser head ache with bangladesh military;)

In the 3. page of the discussion,i saw a wrong information.it was about T-84 Yatagan tanks.
The T-84 Yatagan is not Turkish production.it is ukrainian and its difference than a standart T-84 is its 120MM gun allows to fire standart NATO ammo.
it was offered us with very good options.it could be convereted to a real destruction machine by our engineers but later we decided to go for our own tanks.and you see,the tank will be ready in 2012.the know-how expenses and a single prototype costs 500M dollars.

In the 3. page of the discussion,i saw a wrong information.it was about T-84 Yatagan tanks.
The T-84 Yatagan is not Turkish production.it is ukrainian and its difference than a standart T-84 is its 120MM gun allows to fire standart NATO ammo.
it was offered us with very good options.it could be convereted to a real destruction machine by our engineers but later we decided to go for our own tanks.and you see,the tank will be ready in 2012.the know-how expenses and a single prototype costs 500M dollars.

Actually it is the mistake of the website he quoted it from.Bangladesh does not have Yatagan.I heard about the Turkish tank project:tup:

Back
Top Bottom