What's new

Type 69 Mk. II G Main Battle Tank

Good effort by BD. Folks the requirements are different for Pakistan and BD. There is much less tank country in BD than what Pakistan has to deal with. As Pakistan does not need an expensive tank like the Leo or Abrams and can operate with an AK, T-84 and AZ mix, similarly BD Army can make upgrades to their existing inventory which is much more cost effective and allows for very decent capability upgrades to their Armoured Corps.

Bangladesh is relatively flat so heavy tanks I assume should not be a problem for us. There are no serious budgetary constraints for BD to purchase 50 heavy tanks over 3 years but I still think air defence should be a priority for BD. I think more likely the will is not there to offend the Indians so we do not buy the new stuff. A pity for BD but this attitude should change soon.

you compared it with the older version.comparing with the new version takes us for example to something like this:
Al khalid = Type 69Mk. II G

125 mm smoothbore gun = 120 mm smoothbore main gun (Fires all NATO rounds)

At least its a bit closer to Al Khalid now.;)

as you happy but its its 120mm gun on your own army info :enjoy:

as we see now all bangldeshi tanks are light tanks without type-69.

type-69
type-62 light tank
type-59 light tank
type-54 light tank
yatagan made in turky light tank

in future there in no place of these light tanks .whole world i going to heavy tanks

- Type 80/85/88 - Type 90/96 - MBT 2000 - Type 98/99 - T-72 - M-84 - M-95 - PT-91 - M-2001 - T-80 - T-84 - T-90 - T-95

these all new tanks if not good for terrain in BD .so whats your tank regments future tank?????????????.

You know Bangladesh has more than 200 rivers!!for a small country this figure is very large.Only north-west part of the country is capable of large scale tank battle.
moreover BD is densely populated,appx. 1000 people per square meter.If in case we are attacked by India,which is the only country which could attack BD other than Myanmar,I think we would need ATGMs more than anything else!
The army is also considering buying new tanks,may be yatagans(though it is not confirmed).
However I read in another forum that these upgraded tanks are better than Indian T-72 tanks in all aspects,although I am not sure how accurate the statement is.

You know Bangladesh has more than 200 rivers!!for a small country this figure is very large.Only north-west part of the country is capable of large scale tank battle.
moreover BD is densely populated,appx. 1000 people per square meter.If in case we are attacked by India,which is the only country which could attack BD other than Myanmar,I think we would need ATGMs more than anything else!
The army is also considering buying new tanks,may be yatagans(though it is not confirmed).
However I read in another forum that these upgraded tanks are better than Indian T-72 tanks in all aspects,although I am not sure how accurate the statement is.

Well in that case, you guys definitely need ATGMs. How about forming a whole unit of AT warfare? Cost effective damage to stop the armour dead in its track!

Well in that case, you guys definitely need ATGMs. How about forming a whole unit of AT warfare? Cost effective damage to stop the armour dead in its track!

already they go for that pakistan will sale BD 750 bakters shiken with 3300 rokets they can enjoy at any war time with this dangrus boy.

also KRL 122 MBRL sale by pakistan play important role as i think

I also asked before how it compares with the Arjun tanks,which is I think T-90.Don't have any details about Arjun tanks..anyone here??

Weight 58.5 tonnes
Length 10.638 m
Width 3.864 m
Height 2.32 m
Crew 4 (commander, gunner, loader and driver)
Armor steel/composite Kanchan armour.
Primary
armament 120 mm rifled tank gun
LAHAT anti-tank missile
HEAT, APFSDS, HESH Rounds
Secondary
armament HCB 12.7mm AA MG
Mag 7.62mm Tk715 coaxial MG
Engine MTU 838 Ka 501 diesel
1400 hp (1040 kW)
Power/weight 24 hp/tonne
Suspension hydropneumatic
Ground clearance 0.45 m
Fuel capacity 1610 Litre
Operational
range 450 km
Speed 72 km/h

However Arjun tanks are not up to the mark as Indian Army say in its summer trial in 2008, the Arjun "was found to have low accuracy, frequent break down of power packs and problems with its gun barrel", and "the tanks also had problems with consistency, recorded failure of hydropneumatic suspension units and shearing of top rolls" as well as a "deficient fire control system", "low speed in tactical areas", and "the inability to operate in temperatures over 50 degrees celcius.
But I like the design of Arjun tank,probably because its similarity with the leopard tank.So it seems Al-Khalid is the best tank in the sub-continent.

Al Khalid is also superior to the T-90. Why? Well, the stats I'm about to show you as well as the fact that we employ hundreds of T-80, which the T-90 is largely based off of.

Basic Specifications AK VS T-90

Crew

AL-Khalid = 3
T-90 = 3

Combat Weight

Al-Khalid = 46,000 kg
T-90 = 46,500 kg

Power-to-weight ratio

Al-Khalid=26.08hp/t
T-90=18.06hp/t

Engine

Al-Khalid = 1200 horsepower
T-90 = 840 horsepower

Maximum Speed

Al-Khalid = 72 km/hr
T-90 = 65 km/hr

Maximum Range

Al-Khalid = 450 kms
T-90 = 500

Armament

Al-Khalid
1 x 125 mm gun 125mm Smooth Bore, Chrome Plated, Auto fret aged
Circular Carousel Type: (Cassette Type) 22 Rounds / Minute 6-8
1 x 12.7mm remote controlled anti aircraft machine gun
1 x 7.62mm machine gun

T-90
1 x 125mm 2A46M smoothbore gun with 43 rounds.
1 x 12.7mm NSVT anti-aircraft gun with 300 rounds. [1]
1 x 7.62mm PKT co-axial machine gun with 2000 rounds.

Also the Indians are having quite a bit of problems with the T-90. Here's an article highlighting just a few problems.

T-90 S is a Dud, it can’t fire far enough. | Frontier India Strategic and Defence - News, Analysis, Opinion

There are a few sentences in this article that are disinformation from the Indian side when they compare the AK to their sloppy T-72 upgrades...:rofl:

But just note the problems they are having, it's widely recognized.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I also read Al-Khalid 2 project is also on the pipeline,may in this forum.That means our Indian friends will certainly feel uncomfortable!

Back
Top Bottom