What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

Not being a killjoy.........but there are only 4 055's under construction. 2 at JN and 2 at Dalian.......and not 6............unless there is proof. As the photos shown a few posts back show 2 at JN, of which the first under cover is now launched........and just 2 at Dalian. Mind you that is very impressive as it is, as we only expected one lead ship to be built and proved, before construction started on the others.

101702t3wcxm03ad4jasmq.jpg
113806zxzaa8d18kwjw5kh.jpg

Last edited:
I find Chinese Wiki is a pretty accurate source of information, to see construction tables for Chinese warship classes.............and at present its 4 warships for the 055 class. :-)

.......just to catch up on the latest info.........do we know now the VLS count for the 055 class?

Last edited:
I find Chinese Wiki is a pretty accurate source of information, to see construction tables for Chinese warship classes.............and at present its 4 warships for the 055 class. :-)

.......just to catch up on the latest info.........do we know now the VLS count for the 055 class?
Believe It Or Not... It's Still an unspoken "Top Secret" :D and many mil observers/analysts are quite eager to know the exact count... some are even swearing on how is it possible that there ain't even a single picture showing clearly this VLS count after the launch for so many months... :lol: :lol: patience patience... at duly time the number will be somehow divulged by the authority!

2 055 DDG
5u8oOQb.jpg
0UHs8Cd.jpg
At the bottom picture, What's the huge vessel next to the CV-17 Type 001A A.C. ??

Yep. I think that's the 002 (aka 001A).
I think you meant the succeeding carriers of the Next Type (recalling that Shanghai is also building one concurrently) AFTER the "Shandong" CV-17 Type 001A, which is having the mooring trial at present.

whatever the correct type's numerical nomenclature of the immediate Next type [002/003], just to avoid confusion :D:P

Remember how the 001A is actually called the 002 ... and the 002 is actually called the 003 ... to avoid name confusion. Go look at the Type 002 (former 001A) thread ...
Nope you took me wrongly; my focus hence question was: "At the bottom picture, What's the huge vessel [under construction] NEXT to the CV-17 Type 001A A.C. ??

I asked about the huge vessel under construction you talked about the type's numerical matter (which I can care less) :lol:

Edit: Okay thanks Figaro for clarifying.

Last edited:
Nope you took me wrong my focus hence question was: "At the bottom picture, What's the huge vessel [under construction] NEXT to the CV-17 Type 001A A.C. ??

I asked about the huge vessel under construction you talked about the type's numerical matter (which I can care less) :lol:
Oh that’s just a regular container/cargo ship ... no way it’s a new carrier or LHD.

Everything pointing toward 128.

Just my personal speculation, the sensitive issue regarding the mid-ship VLS is not the number of cells but the new type of miisiles that it will carry, and hence the size of the VLS cell holes.

New type of cruise missliles? Anti-ship Ballistic missiles? But then again, I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom