What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

:-)

PLN Type 055 DDG no. 02 - 20170824

PLN Type 055 DDG no. 02 - 20170824.jpg

So according to the presentations the Combat Capabilities of Type 055 = 2.4X Type 052D whereas the Combat Capabilities of Type 052D = 1.6X Type 052C
(Type 055 = 3.84X Type 052C)

Or 10 unit of Type 055 equal to the combative power of 38 units of Type 052C :D

I'm wondering which number is more likely, will PLAN build the Type 055 series (incl. the expanded models) as many as, let say 20 or 30 units in total (in active operation) within next few years, last time I read the 1st batch order amounted to 8 units. I just imagine how big the fleet of Type 055 series the PLAN is plotting for the not too distant future.

Read the opinion by some prominent member at the SDF who predicted that China will be steadily building up about 3 to 4 units of DDG of Type 055 (and its extensions) each year from now on till the next 20 years and even longer... in commensurate with China's rising needs to safeguard her economic and other strategic interests as the world's largest trading nation as well as the world's largest economy long before that period (to be achieved roughly around the year of 2022).... thus the necessity for very mighty blue ocean naval forces (as well as in other fields incl. the beneath waters).

So after another 20 years, it will end up something like this

6+ Aircraft Carriers
90+ Large DDG Type-55/52 (3 per year)
60+ FFG Type-54 (2 per year)
60+ OPV (one off)

AndrewS at SDF

And I wonder whether this prediction is on higher or lower range or simply much a realistic number tho read as well some other sceptical opinions there.

My own view, if there's such political decision at the highest level to realize the mighty blue ocean forces within not too distant future, then the above estimate lies within the lower range to realistic figure, but I tend to believe that China gonna achieve more!

Read the opinion by some prominent member at the SDF who predicted that China will be steadily building up about 3 to 4 units of DDG of Type 055 (and its extensions) each year from now on till the next 20 years and even longer... in commensurate with China's rising needs to safeguard her economic and other strategic interests as the world's largest trading nation as well as the world's largest economy long before that period (to be achieved roughly around the year of 2022).... thus the necessity for very mighty blue ocean naval forces (as well as in other fields incl. the beneath waters).
And I wonder whether this prediction is on higher or lower range or simply much a realistic number tho read as well some other sceptical opinions there.
!

I believe current 055 is not there target ship, believe will be 8 unit (some news said get extra order total is 12), there target ship is 055A which using Integrated Electric Propulsion (IEP) system and intercept short and intermediate-range ballistic missiles capability. 055A i believe will be around 24-36 unit, i expected 055A will be start construction around 2020.
And production 054A is end, next batch is 054B or 057 with IEP system, possible with small AESA radar system.

I believe current 055 is not there target ship, believe will be 8 unit (some news said get extra order total is 12), there target ship is 055A which using Integrated Electric Propulsion (IEP) system and intercept short and intermediate-range ballistic missiles capability. 055A i believe will be around 24-36 unit, i expected 055A will be start construction around 2020.
And production 054A is end, next batch is 054B or 057 with IEP system, possible with small AESA radar system.
If China plan to build nubmers of type055 & type055A as many as u said, future PLAN type052C/D (20x) + type055/A DDGs will easily reach 60x as same as U.S Navy owned 'Arleigh Burke' DDGs ... unimaginable !:D

If China plan to build nubmers of type055 & type055A as many as u said, future PLAN type052C/D (20x) + type055/A DDGs will easily reach 60x as same as U.S Navy owned 'Arleigh Burke' DDGs ... unimaginable !:D

What time frame will PLAN reach 60x is your expectation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom