What's new

Type 055 DDG News & Discussions

That thing looks extremely formidable...astonishing how rapidly China has developed its armed forces.

Ok, is this anywhere near true? I though there was an updated Type 055 version, but this looks much more than an 'upgrade'.

The picture of the rail gun is not real. Of course nobody knows what it looks like at this point, so an existing gun picture is suffice. So is the laser CIWS. I imagine the laser CIWS is not as bulky and a few more could be installed on the two sides of the ship.

625fcd1dgy1hi36p3etj0j21jk0zznkf.jpg

Via 李唐

would still like to see two medium sized helicopters on the rear deck of the Type 055 permanently

probably add in a rotary wing UAV too

this is a high value warship and needs a ASW sweep 24/7 365 in times of high tensions

I think by now the bottle neck of the storage of naval helicopters is over

surely 2 x Z20F naval helicopters could be stationed on board

more frequent exercises of the Type 055 with the fast replenishment tanker Type 901 which is really to keep up with Carrier Strike Groups is a good sign

maybe in the future the Type 055 CG can form a very powerful Surface Action Group (SAG)

4 x Type 055
1 x Type 901 tanker
and below the surface
1 x Type 095 SSN

between them they would have 448 x VLS

China should sail such a group in the Pacific once more units are available I am sure USN will commit a great number sea, air and sub-surface assets to shadow them

up passed the Aleutian islands and towards the West Coast of US

I bet the Republicans would die of a heart attack seeing such a modern and advanced force

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom