171707cf08v48qolbe54kd.jpg.thumb.jpg

171715fx0ymq2q2hshzstm.jpg.thumb.jpg

171702w3yqeq3zgq2gz0g5.jpg.thumb.jpg

052D building new pix

25_180883_7bfb5acb4fcc9d1.jpg

25_180883_5bc4e17036e10b6.jpg

The last pic is a new 052C DDG building
25_180883_b79e36567c6ebf5.jpg

64 VLS including ASCM or that seperate?Very nice ship.anyway.Congratz.

64 VLS including ASCM or that seperate?Very nice ship.anyway.Congratz.

As there is no any more place available on the ship to place ASCM launcher (the old place on Type 052C is now used for a 32 cells VLS), I suggest yes but this needs to be confirmed.

Henri K.

As there is no any more place available on the ship to place ASCM launcher (the old place on Type 052C is now used for a 32 cells VLS), I suggest yes but this needs to be confirmed.

Henri K.

Why is there no space,kolkata class with same displacement has 64 VLS for Anti air missiles plus seperate 16 VLS for ASCM.I think something is being overlooked.They must have extra missile VLS.

According to POP3, all of the sub systems for type 055 have been mature

there is still no updates or 'exposure' on new VSL, HQ-9B, HQ-16B and new anti-ship missiles, and also no signs of new C4ISR, battle control and long range early warring radar systems are getting ready yet

until 052D is fully operational then we can safely say 055 is read to launch, just like it took 8 years to launch 052D after the first 052C was built

Why is there no space,kolkata class with same displacement has 64 VLS for Anti air missiles plus seperate 16 VLS for ASCM.I think something is being overlooked.They must have extra missile VLS.

the new VSL used on 052D is hot-cold, multi-purpose and quarter-packed launching system, they have integrated air-to-air, air-to-surface, cruise missile, anti-sub missile and ABM all into that VSL system,

unlike the one used on Kolkata which is just can contain one type of missile, so the VSL on 052D is the most advanced and mission flexible system for now, and the only comparable one is the MK57 of U.S that will be built in Zumwalt-class

I was talking about the place for inclined ASCM launcher. As I don't see any more place for inclined ASCM launcher, I suppose that all ASCM are integrated into the VLS systems. But this has to be confirmed.

And, if that's the case, there is still a difference comparing to the latest indian destroyer. For Type 052D, the VLS system is compatible to all types of munition (it seems to be the case anyway according to the specification seen upper from GJB-5860-2006), from ASCM, ASROC to SAM. Whereas on P15A the SAM has it's own VLS system, and the ASCM an another one, so two VLS systems are differents.

there is still no updates or 'exposure' on new VSL, HQ-9B, HQ-16B and new anti-ship missiles, and also no signs of new C4ISR, battle control and long range early warring radar systems are getting ready yet

until 052D is fully operational then we can safely say 055 is read to launch, just like it took 8 years to launch 052D after the first 052C was built

Wrong reference for HQ-16.

The true versionning of HQ-16 is as follows -

The basic version is the naval one, called HQ-16 (Or more precisely H/AJK-16).

From this basic version 2 branches are developed, one continues for naval usage, one for ground version -

Naval version : HQ-16 ==> HQ-16G

Ground version : (from HQ-16) HQ-16A ==> HQ-16B

So if you talk about the new naval variant of HQ-16, you should talk about HQ-16G.

Hope this helps.

Henri K.

052D/052C: 155m x 19m
Kolkata: 163m x 17.4m

052D back 32x VLS take the place of 052C's 2x4 anti-ship missile launchers. that answer must wait for 052D serving in PLAN.

the new VSL used on 052D is hot-cold, multi-purpose and quarter-packed launching system, they have integrated air-to-air, air-to-surface, cruise missile, anti-sub missile and ABM all into that VSL system,

unlike the one used on Kolkata which is just can contain one type of missile, so the VSL on 052D is the most advanced and mission flexible system for now, and the only comparable one is the MK57 of U.S that will be built in Zumwalt-class

Euh.... ABM... are you sure that HQ-26 can be held on the new universal VLS system, HQ-26 is a 3-stage missile...?

I wonder if a DH-10 / CJ-10 is not too large (in terms of diameter) for this new VLS system as well.

Well, wait & see.

An another "error", is not the VLS who is hot/cold but the launcher module. We can only say that the new VLS system can hold both cold launcher and hot launcher (CCL = Concentric Canister Launcher).

For this last point around CCL hot launcher, this explains why in the new VLS system we can't find the common exhaust tunnel. Each launcher has it's own circular exhaust tunnel. I have a lot of chinese R&D documents on it if someone wants to learn more.

Henri K.

But what's the point in having ultra new VLS if it has lesser missiles?:undecided:
Only explanation i can think of is modularity?With same VLS it can carry any mix,optimized for particular mission at hand?

It took so much time to launch the new Type 052Cs and Type 052Ds after the two original Type 052Cs, because the JNCX shipyard got relocated from the Huangpu River to Yangzi River's estuary.

Back
Top Bottom