What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

Everybody who knows something about that is free to give me some information but my question is directed to @Neptune and @Jackal131 . In the pictures below we have 2 soldiers with MAK patches but they are looking like commando or JOH/JOPER personnel. Is there some new MAK unit for who I dont know or is there inappropriate usage of MAK patches? I know that some time ago the MAK teams from OKK were disbanded and CSAR units from HvKK emerged. After the coup attempt they changed the name of the units under HvKK command to
Personel Arama Kurtarma if I am not wrong and the last time I saw pictures of personall in HvKK CSAR they were looking like that:

And now pictures like these are coming:
upload_2018-3-15_13-54-50-jpeg.459479

27576853_164028384379716_1225255239272103936_n.jpg

What is happening here?

The guy in the first photo is from Kayseri Airborne brigade. people confuse here because Airborne patch looks very similiar to Air force SAR patch.
1.Komando_Tugay%C4%B1_Amblemi.png

Another example, this guy is also from Kayseri Airborne but carrying SAT stuffs.

DXWysV_XUAAYlyL.jpg

It is hard to tell which unit the guy in the second photo is from. But definitly not SAR. The vest he is carrying is used by only marines. The patches are obviously borrowed. But I can't say that he is a marine because if the rank he has on chest(sergeant) belongs to him, he can't be a navy member at all. Navy ranks' lines are sharp not soft.

295468.jpg

I guess he is a gendarmeria since he has classical commando knife on his belt. Only army and gendarmeria commandos carry it. Other stuffs are probably borrowed which is very possible because Air force SAR, marines and gendarmeria SOF's train together in Foça base.

The guy in the first photo is from Kayseri Airborne brigade. people confuse here because Airborne patch looks very similiar to Air force SAR patch.
1.Komando_Tugay%C4%B1_Amblemi.png

Another example, this guy is also from Kayseri Airborne but carrying SAT stuffs.

DXWysV_XUAAYlyL.jpg

It is hard to tell which unit the guy in the second photo is from. But definitly not SAR. The vest he is carrying is used by only marines. The patches are obviously borrowed. But I can't say that he is a marine because if the rank he has on chest(sergeant) belongs to him, he can't be a navy member at all. Navy ranks' lines are sharp not soft.

295468.jpg

I guess he is a gendarmeria since he has classical commando knife on his belt. Only army and gendarmeria commandos carry it. Other stuffs are probably borrowed which is very possible because Air force SAR, marines and gendarmeria SOF's train together in Foça base.
Yes but you can see patch with the title MAK on the right shoulder of the guy from the first picture. I think its not right thing to do. As I see you have knowledge do we have any change to the air force MAK structure or some new units in other commands? I mean is there any difference to the concept of MAK in the Turkish Armed Forces?

Last edited:
I think it is 3 stars, yüzbaşı. Plus Air force SAR don't have MTP-76, they have HK-416, G-28 instead.

I think it is 3 stars, yüzbaşı. Plus Air force SAR don't have MTP-76, they have HK-416, G-28 instead.
I don't know my friend it looks like a MAK title to me. I knew that he is not MAK judging by his equipment. That's why I asked in so provocative manner. Its not right to put other units patches and then take a picture and share it on the internet. Its not your unit or branch and if you want to take that patch you must deserve it. I find it against my understanding of discipline. So about my question.. Do we have any changes in our MAK concept?

...Another example, this guy is also from Kayseri Airborne but carrying SAT stuffs.

DXWysV_XUAAYlyL.jpg

This guy is ÖKK. That is static parachute patch. Peltor+AN/PVS-15+Elcan Specter with Thermal adaptor+PMAG

Also, MAK was part of ÖKK until 2013. It is part of Air Force right now.

if you are a man who graduate from MAK course and deserve to take MAK patch , you can use it on your uniform individually.. like parachute, commando course, ökk course or any other...

This guy is ÖKK. That is static parachute patch. Peltor+AN/PVS-15+Elcan Specter with Thermal adaptor+PMAG

Also, MAK was part of ÖKK until 2013. It is part of Air Force right now.
The thermal adapter is L3 CRATOS and we were seeing SAT with similar combos. We also see the multicam OpsCore and Wilcox L4 G22 mount again used in SAT while OKK uses olive OpsCore with Turkish camo pattern cover. As far as I see the vest is similar from the angle I see as the one that was distributed not long ago to the commando brigades while OKK uses special designed vests from YDS. When I look closely to the magazine that is in the pouch of the vest and its shining its not looking like M4 magazine and instead its looking like the polymer magazines of HK33 from MKE. I think the guy is commando and he took some of the equipment from SAT guy just to shoot some photos.
if you are a man who graduate from MAK course and deserve to take MAK patch , you can use it on your uniform individually.. like parachute, commando course, ökk course or any other...
Yes you can use it as "brove" but not as patch that identifies your unit.

Back
Top Bottom