What's new

Turkish Special Operations Forces

AYYYYYY THIS IS LEGIT QUALITY,

I GOT SOME DAAM FOOTAGE

Ive never seen a military video like this,
Its just so good

Looks well made, but, I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition :-)

Wireless Korsan head-up display :-)
dd967b34-08b2-44a6-9607-4503fc08d846.png

http://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Electro-Optic-Systems/WHD_ENG.pdf

What are the differences between JÖH and JOAK ? It looks like a small unit.

If you see some terorists in a field or urban , you send jöh to them.

If your plane or train hijacked, or if there is a kidnappped guy to save you sen joper(jöak unit), if some mounteners or skeers has lost or if there is an avalange or earthquake you send jak (jöak unit) to save. and they have a law force authorities.. may be they alike to FBI SOF.

What are the differences between JÖH and JOAK ? It looks like a small unit.
JOH is Gendarmerie Special Operations and are mainly dispatched to the southeast. They can act in both urban and mountain terrain. They are with little more specialized training than the Gendarmerie Commando brigades. JOAK is Gendarmerie Public Safety Command. Its sustained by several JOH teams JOPER teams and JAK teams. We discussed what is JOH. JAK is Gendarmerie Search and Rescue specialized in search and rescue operations in harsh environment like natural disasters. Many people say that the JOPER are the most professional and highly trained unit in the Gendarmerie. They specialize in operations requiring high level of tactics and tactical skills. They are trained to defeat hostage situations in all kinds of scenarios including bus, train and aircraft hijack. The training they receive is also giving them the skills needed for conducting mountain operations similar to JOH. The French equivalent is maybe G.I.G.N.

Pictures from training for Advanced Casualty Sustainment Care (ACSC) in International Special Training Centre Germany. Turkish Special Forces Command have been joining the training course from 1999. Source Aybars.
DZIUQvOXcAE2n-_.jpg

DZIUQtsW4AAZare.jpg

IN THE AIR
DZIZ9THX4AEAeE4.jpg

ON THE GROUND
DZIZ-9pWAAAvlxG.jpg

IN THE SEA
DZIaCSTW4AAHgNp.jpg

Everybody...

Of course I will try to explain brother.

a few simple things happening here,

First off it is important to remember, it is common for troops to eventually leave SF units and return to a regular unit but maintain their qualifications and this their patches. The soldier with the MPT76 is more than likely an example of this.

Secondly, MAK is simply not that special of a unit and it never was. The general conception about them is wrong due to both the media and military misinformation (both intentional and unintentional). MAK is no more than a regular NATO grade CSAR unit no different in quality and training to US CSAR troops - they are not the best unit in our military and never were. Which is why they have been re-organized.

When you hear someone is a Bordo Beret it also does not mean they are the best our military has - this is also something you have to consider. The same applies to US Green Berets - Green berets have many groups, and they are not that impressive on a skill based level - but specific units in the Green Berets (eg D team) is compromised of higher quality better drilled soldiers.

If you want to see a good description of how our Bordos work look for my post on here that detailed the echolon system. Nothing that violates OPSEC in it as NATO documented this system already and it is well known by many militaries such as Israel and Russia etc.

I gave a good description into the Bordo Berets in that post. You will probably find it interesting if you are after info the media is too stupid to understand.

Of course I will try to explain brother.

a few simple things happening here,

First off it is important to remember, it is common for troops to eventually leave SF units and return to a regular unit but maintain their qualifications and this their patches. The soldier with the MPT76 is more than likely an example of this.

Secondly, MAK is simply not that special of a unit and it never was. The general conception about them is wrong due to both the media and military misinformation (both intentional and unintentional). MAK is no more than a regular NATO grade CSAR unit no different in quality and training to US CSAR troops - they are not the best unit in our military and never were. Which is why they have been re-organized.

When you hear someone is a Bordo Beret it also does not mean they are the best our military has - this is also something you have to consider. The same applies to US Green Berets - Green berets have many groups, and they are not that impressive on a skill based level - but specific units in the Green Berets (eg D team) is compromised of higher quality better drilled soldiers.

If you want to see a good description of how our Bordos work look for my post on here that detailed the echolon system. Nothing that violates OPSEC in it as NATO documented this system already and it is well known by many militaries such as Israel and Russia etc.

I gave a good description into the Bordo Berets in that post. You will probably find it interesting if you are after info the media is too stupid to understand.
Thank you for your answer. I saw your post about the echelon system. I also have some idea of the quality of training for different units and echelons but nothing specific because all the people that I met are trying to disgust me from my plans with some nasty stories and they are not telling me the "good stuff". As I wrote above I think its permissible to wear these patches as a brove but is it permissible to put titles like MAK on your shoulders for example? I am not asking this because I am praising MAK because of its wrong or right reputation and stories but because of the rules.

Last edited:
Are the Bordo Berets not divided in different Teams:
A Team - only from Officer ranks - Subay
B Team - only Sergent ranks - Astsubay
C Team - only Corporal ranks - Uzman Cavus

MAK (maybe a Special Group of them) is a Special Force belongs to the Turkish Air Force comparable with the
24th US Special Tactics Sqadron.

Are the Bordo Berets not divided in different Teams:
A Team - only from Officer ranks - Subay
B Team - only Sergent ranks - Astsubay
C Team - only Corporal ranks - Uzman Cavus

MAK (maybe a Special Group of them) is a Special Force belongs to the Turkish Air Force comparable with the
24th US Special Tactics Sqadron.
This will help you understand better the situation.
OKK has multiple Groups that operate on different operational levels.
The way the OKK works is very poorly transelated for the media and there is a reason for this. Do you know ever look at the videos that have been around of Maroon's like media displays etc. Running around shooting at baloons rolling like idiots etc. Its all on purpose, a specifically choreographed routine, did you ever notice they do the same drills for years for the media...this is on purpose, it maintains the operational security of the Maroons. They even were choreographed on how they walk in order to hide how our maroons move/fight. These media displays are also often demonstated by people who arent actually maroons but are media officers and NCOs just showing off a routine they practice and learn off. Its like a dance to them.

Trust me when I tell you on this, no maroon beret, up until the last couple of years, has ever made an appearance to the public and performed tactics / movements / drills the way they do in reality behind closed doors. It is an offense that can get the media officer court marshaled unless specific permission is granted in written format.

Maroon Beret is also a generalized term that many people who haven't worked with Maroon Berets fail to understand. Any Uzman, AstSubay, or Subay in our military can earn the Maroon Beret by simply performing in and passing a special physical/mental course held once a year in OKK training command. That soldier will then return to his regular unit. Although they are not officially a Maroon Beret passing this course (which must be done every year) allows them to stay on a list of Reserves that can be called up to join the Maroons as support staff.

It is the operational teams within the Maroon Berets that matter. There are entire Maroon beret teams of Uzman's. But most people think you have to be atleast AstSubay to become one. Untrue again.

The teams work on different levels of operational capability and security clearance. Similar to the US Tier system maybe.

The highest echelon teams in our Maroons are unheard of and completely unseen in the media. Even if you pass the selection as an Uzman you receive automatic promotion to Astsubay upon Graduation. Of these High tier teams which are comparable to the highest capability SAS teams and the highly secretive Spetsnaz teams that work neither for GRU or regular military branches.Maroons from echelon 2 teams have to pass a whole new selection course to get in to the first Echelon.

The numbers of our top echelon Maroons is extremely low.

The numbers of what you would call regular Maroons (Work against PKK in North Iraq etc) is also quite low but more than 200 anyway.

The number of third echelon Maroons which consist of Maroons who have returned to regular units, admin and support personnel, logistics personnel, and teams of Uzmans is in the thousands.

I have worked as OPFOR for so many different maroon teams that I can tell you the level of quality from one echelon to the other is actually quite large. Even MAK who the media are obsessed with and think are the best of the best are in fact not the toughest ive faced. Spent 5 days fighting MAK with simulator gear During EFES 2011 and although they are good at what they are meant to do, track and rescue VIPs, they are not superior to some of the other teams that we possess.

Never once went OPFOR for First Echelon Maroons, because they do not go to regular military exercises. When First Echelon Maroons are looking for training and exercises then Echolon 2 Maroons sometimes are the enemy; what we were told was that most of the time other First Echelon teams would act as the enemy.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Echelon 1 members numbered between 50-100.

Back
Top Bottom