What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

What makes you lot think the request is for I class frigates and not Ada Class corvettes, don't think slipway length requested by SSM is an indicator for I-Class Frigate.. Has the the requirements changed for 8 Ada Class Corvettes ?

Last edited:
What makes you lot think the request is for I class frigates and not Ada Class corvettes, don't think slipway length requested by SSM is an indicator for I-Class Frigate.. Has the the requirements changed for 8 Ada Class Corvettes ?
So far it seems navy will get 4 ada, 8 İ class. I have hopes for a redesign of ada class in the future, after design office has completed tf 2000, i have sense of something good may come out.

So far it seems navy will get 4 ada, 8 İ class. I have hopes for a redesign of ada class in the future, after design office has completed tf 2000, i have sense of something good may come out.
inşallah dediğiniz gibi i sınıfı 8 gemi olur son 4 gemiyi daha büyük yapsalar silah sistemlerini arttırsalar güzel olurdu aslında

RFP Delivered Companies (I CLASS MILGEM 5-6-7-8)

1. Anadolu Deniz İnşaat Kızakları San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

2. Dearsan Gemi İnşaat Sanayii A.Ş.

3. İstanbul Denizcilik Gemi İnşa San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

4. Rmk Marine Gemi Yapım Sanayii ve Deniz Taşımacılığı İşletmesi A.Ş.

5. Sedef Gemi İnşaatı A.Ş.

6. Sefine Denizcilik Tersanecilik Turizm San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

7. Selah Makine Gemicilik ve Tic. A.Ş.

how many U-214s are being planned by the Turkish navy? and is there any options?

how many U-214s are being planned by the Turkish navy? and is there any options?
6 U-214TNs will be build. Deal has been signed and german subs are regarded as the best in their class, so i don't think we will look into other companies.

1. Anadolu Deniz İnşaat Kızakları San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

2. Dearsan Gemi İnşaat Sanayii A.Ş.

3. İstanbul Denizcilik Gemi İnşa San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

4. Rmk Marine Gemi Yapım Sanayii ve Deniz Taşımacılığı İşletmesi A.Ş.

5. Sedef Gemi İnşaatı A.Ş.

6. Sefine Denizcilik Tersanecilik Turizm San. ve Tic. A.Ş.

7. Selah Makine Gemicilik ve Tic. A.Ş.

They all want to build the frigate, but are they able to do it? Will they get ToT from Istanbul Shipyard?

They all want to build the frigate, but are they able to do it? Will they get ToT from Istanbul Shipyard?
None of them able to do it, the nearest one is RMK.
They will receive a long training from istanbul shipyard during 1st ship of 2nd batch

Besides RMK also ADIK is capable since they already build big size naval LST ships (140m length) and ofcourse Istanbul shipyards for sure.

But since 7 companies are interested they may all be capable to do

http://aa.com.tr/tr/ekonomi/askeri-gemi-ihracatinda-tam-yol-ileri/633530

haber%2F2016%2F08%2Fgemi_555.jpg

-STM won a big tender against World leaders. It will be announced within a month.
-STM negotiates with two countries regarding Milgem and It is expected to make a deal with one of them in this year (Pakistan and one of ME countries).

I almost don't dare to mention it but Saudi Arabia has a tender for frigates running, acaba (could it be?)

Istanbul class frigate for an unknown Middle East country?

- If It is the World leader companies which has been eliminated by STM in a tender, The related country must be the Western weapon costumer such as Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia.

- If the tender is very big, The quantity of the assets to be produced must be big such as 4-6 frigates. If a country requires such number of frigates once and for all , The related country must have a big navy or big naval ambitious.

My vote also goes for Saudi Arabia.

I don't think it's the Saudis...the Americans would break their arms. It's probably Qatar. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind if it turns out to be Saudi, they are known to be big spenders and we can offer them more ToT than the Americans ever would.

Back
Top Bottom