What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Material problem emerged in LCS indepence is because of application of steel foundation for machinery in a aliminum hull, it causes a corrosion in aliminum . Because of the lack of the protective material , this happened. Later they solved it with anode-catode application and finally used active system to neutralize current between steel and aliminum.
You are talking about "Pil etkisi" right ?

When you use steel vanes in aluminum radiators it causes corrosion in the radiator...even causes radiator to get punctured (delinme)....

What is DİMDEG?

1.JPG

When you use steel vanes in aluminum radiators it causes corrosion in the radiator...even causes radiator to get punctured (delinme)....
Yes mate,its that one i think , Galvanic corrosion ( it was between aliminum, stainless steel) .

Material problem emerged in LCS indepence is because of application of steel foundation for machinery , it causes a corrosion in aliminum . Because of the lack of the protective material , this happened. Later they solved it with anode-catode application and finally used active system to neutralize current between steel and aliminum.

Galvanic anode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia aka. Sacrificial Anode.

Very stupid to make such a mistake, this is basic knowledge in Metallurgy...

1280px-Sacrificial_anode.jpg

Espacially when this method is being used to protect the hull of ships since decades, i wanna slap those Engineers. :disagree:

This ship was just R&D, not for FAC project . In a suitable project this ship is actually will be quite good and impressive.

Launchers are foreigner made, directly thought to be mounted ( 3 years ago) . But at the moment roketsan already builts such launchers for SSM missiles.

Aliminum is the material used for aerospace engineering, high impact endurance and good strength/weight ratio. Its durable against impacts as well as steel ,because there are variety of aliminum alloy, as well as there are for steel. Problem about aliminum is, its sensitive to temperature so its not durable against explosions as much as steel. But thats the point, after the explosive got reached to plate of steel or aliminum, it doesnt matter ,it will give damage.

Survability isnt about the material going to be broken or not, its about whether ship will survive after damaged, how much damage it can receive. LCS is designed to be avoid damage ,and focused on intence protection of ship. Freedoom,doesnt have such a survability issue because its regular monohull, while Independence is a trimaran and has survability issues .

Material problem emerged in LCS indepence is because of application of steel foundation for machinery , it causes a corrosion in aliminum . Because of the lack of the protective material , this happened. Later they solved it with anode-catode application and finally used active system to neutralize current between steel and aliminum.

All materials has handicaps and advantages, just because steel is applied for long term of time ,a well known and easily weldable ,formable material. Aliminum has hardships in building, high cost to process.

Denizde ikmal muhabere destek gemisi ( dimdeg) designed by Adik.

*1) impact and explosion are 2 different terms.
*2) LCS ,littoral combat ship ,not designed to fight in intense combat conditions. As well as CVN's are not designed for such condition.
*3) main reason that LCS got criticized is over budget ,and not working modular design ( with fastly mountable modules),and not manuvarable as its expected for piers
Hocam başka bir şey daha var.Çelik patlama sırasında bükülür.Alüminyum ise parçalanır ve bükülme hasarı azaltırken parçalanma artırır.
CVN's are too big to get sinked by just a few anti ship missiles. This one of the reasons of China's anti ship ballistic missile program.
I meant hits by anti ship missiles By impact.
Does that DIMDEG carry muntions to rearm combatant ships?

Last edited:
Hocam başka bir şey daha var.Çelik patlama sırasında bükülür.Alüminyum ise parçalanır ve bükülme hasarı azaltırken parçalanma artırır.
CVN's are too big to get sinked by just a few anti ship missiles. This one of the reasons of China's anti ship ballistic missile program.
I meant hits by anti ship missiles By impact.
Does that DIMDEG carry muntions to rearm combatant ships?

Dimdeg, meant to be fleet replenisment ship , to replenish ammo , fuel, food, water /whatever needed.

2. MİLGEM Projesi 8 gemi + 4 gemi opsiyon olmak üzere toplam 12 gemilik bir proje olarak belirlenmiştir.
3. Uzun süreli gemi inşa projelerinde gelişen ihtiyaçlar kapsamında gemilerin konfigürasyonunda değişiklikler yapılabilmektedir. MİLGEM Projesinde de gelişen ihtiyaçlar doğrultusunda konfigürasyon değişikliği yapılması planlanmıştır.
4. MİLGEM Projesi ile TF-100 Fırkateyn Projesi birbirlerinin devamı ve ikamesi olmayan iki ayrı projedir.

8 ( 4 ,and +4 upgraded as TF100) ada class is planned, seems like first 4 ships will be nearly same design with minor changes. Steel cut for 3rd and so far i heard 4th have done, its planned to use indigeneous propulsion control system for 4th as testbed,and apply it in 5th and 6th.

For TF2000 , preliminary and concept design shaped ,4 is planned (or officially 2). Some preliminary engineering calculations and integrated systems are still in consideration.

For TF100 ,it will be seen after 3-4th ada class is launched next year ,they ll begin to talk about this,and held tenders.

For LST , steel cut has done a while ago ,but ADİK has not uploaded recent pictures of building . Maybe its not in erection progress right now , usually they uploaded medias during built of LCT.

For LPD, navantia began to work on design ,for applying changes while SEDEF prepares the background.

Fine that explains that

But why is it taking Turkey so long to start work on 3rd ada class??

First one F-511 was laid in 2007 and second one F-512 in 2008

Since 2008 no more laid or launched?? Why waiting for 7 years for start of 3r ada class was there problem with programme or did it completely stopped

In 2007 they think that by 2015 all 8 x Ada Class should be constructed but so far still only 2 units what happened ?

Fine that explains that

But why is it taking Turkey so long to start work on 3rd ada class??

First one F-511 was laid in 2007 and second one F-512 in 2008

Since 2008 no more laid or launched?? Why waiting for 7 years for start of 3r ada class was there problem with programme or did it completely stopped

In 2007 they think that by 2015 all 8 x Ada Class should be constructed but so far still only 2 units what happened ?
3rd and 4th laid up already , they tried to increase percentage of indigenous equipments, also after 2nd ship, some changes on the design applied according to feedbacks from 3 years of sailing.
Additionally, a tender is launched eventhough it seemed like failed due to political reasons, also winner of the tender, neitlher any shipyard in turkey didnt have enough technical background to build milgem.
Also they just make ships waiting some more , some critical systems will be indigenous also, expected in to try in 3rd or 4th, but possibly will be in 5 and 6 , control system for engines, shaft and propeller will be evaulated by Aselsan.

3rd and 4th laid up already , they tried to increase percentage of indigenous equipments, also after 2nd ship, some changes on the design applied according to feedbacks from 3 years of sailing.
Additionally, a tender is launched eventhough it seemed like failed due to political reasons, also winner of the tender, neitlher any shipyard in turkey didnt have enough technical background to build milgem.
Also they just make ships waiting some more , some critical systems will be indigenous also, expected in to try in 3rd or 4th, but possibly will be in 5 and 6 , control system for engines, shaft and propeller will be evaulated by Aselsan.

Bro. do you have news about LPD/LHD ?..

Bro. do you have news about LPD/LHD ?..
i dont have any information about that ,just what i know Sedef shipyard acquired good amount of new staff ,some experienced from other shipyards,some newly graduated. So far i have seen some of them going to be sent to Navantia ( just heard like a rumor )

i dont have any information about that ,just what i know Sedef shipyard acquired good amount of new staff ,some experienced from other shipyards,some newly graduated. So far i have seen some of them going to be sent to Navantia ( just heard like a rumor )

What's your estimation about when will LPD/LHD enter service if they sign the deal in mid of 2015...

BTW it would be good if they signed it @ IDEF...

What's your estimation about when will LPD/LHD enter service if they sign the deal in mid of 2015...

BTW it would be good if they signed it @ IDEF...
As i know the path to the LHD is already clear , Sedef will begin construction either in 2016 or 2017 and launch at 2020 .

I might be wrong about these number, couldnt remember clearly but as remember from the last year (2014), officials from Sedef said that 3 years will be given to them in order to shipyard to be ready. Also,i dont expect ship to be laid up this year ,or next year . Workers will be trained, engineers will be trained, design will be completed. ( Navantia will re-desing the existing design according to our requirement )

Last edited:
As i know the path to the LHD is already clear , Sedef will begin construction either in 2016 or 2017 and deliver at 2020 .

I might be wrong about these number, couldnt remember clearly but as remember from the last year (2014), officials from Seden said that 3 years will be given to them in order to shipyard to be ready. Also,i dont expect ship to be laid up this year ,or next year . Workers will be trained, engineers will be trained, design will be completed. ( Navantia will re-desing the existing design according to our requirement ).

I asked too many questions :D but do you know about our requirements ? If you don't know details do you have anything in general ?.. For example will it be bigger then Juan Carlos I and things like that... Anything you know...

Thx...

Back
Top Bottom