What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

upload_2020-7-30_7-46-51.png

upload_2020-7-30_7-46-35.png

just saying "Falkland wars" the harrier is a devil and too underrated - but they won't sell this beast to us either... thinking about the US pushed RR out of the contract...
RR was pushed out of the Harrier project ?? I think you're mixing up things.

My point was Harrier does indeed look nice, and Bristol was working on better engine up until it was cancelled. But we should be able to acquire these from GB.

Bo
RR was pushed out of the Harrier project ?? I think you're mixing up things.

My point was Harrier does indeed look nice, and Bristol was working on better engine up until it was cancelled. But we should be able to acquire these from GB.
No... RR was pushed out of the TFX project by the USA, so the same would happen if TR tries to purchase Harriers... You read it wrong Gardaş

BoNo... RR was pushed out of the TFX project by the USA, so the same would happen if TR tries to purchase Harriers... You read it wrong Gardaş

RR was not pushed out of TFX but the British government supported the plans with Kale afaik but understandably hesitated when TR Motor with Qatari capital was pushed by the Turkish government instead. Since we havent heard anything in a while Erdogans government probably insisted on TR Motor and Rollce Royce is out. Correct me if I'm wrong.

RR was not pushed out of TFX but the British government supported the plans with Kale afaik but understandably hesitated when TR Motor with Qatari capital was pushed by the Turkish government instead. Since we havent heard anything in a while Erdogans government probably insisted on TR Motor and Rollce Royce is out. Correct me if I'm wrong.
They couldn't get to an agreement on export rights. The English were concerned about the engine's being exported to countries that might not allign with their interests in future scenario's. Basicly Turkey want's to avoid what it is experiencing with the exports of T-129 concerning the TF-X project. Ismail Demir said that they were in talks with (or maybe he said that the project was open to) engine developers and that export rights over the engine were the biggest hurdle in these negotiations (particularly the one with RR).

This isn't the interview I am referring to (can't find that one), but in this source Ismail Demir says that talks with RR is still ongoing (article from november 2019):
https://www.savunmasanayi.org/tfx-5-ulke-talip/

I read that KFX is using American engine's with these engine's being locally produced. I don't know if Korea is planning on designing a domestic engine, and if Turkey isn't able to partner up with an engine company, maybe South-Korea and Turkey could look to start a joint engine project in such a case.

They couldn't get to an agreement on export rights. The English were concerned about the engine's being exported to countries that might not allign with their interests in future scenario's. Basicly Turkey want's to avoid what it is experiencing with the exports of T-129 concerning the TF-X project. Ismail Demir said that they were in talks with (or maybe he said that the project was open to) engine developers and that export rights over the engine were the biggest hurdle in these negotiations (particularly the one with RR).

This isn't the interview I am referring to (can't find that one), but in this source Ismail Demir says that talks with RR is still ongoing (article from november 2019):
https://www.savunmasanayi.org/tfx-5-ulke-talip/

I read that KFX is using American engine's with these engine's being locally produced. I don't know if Korea is planning on designing a domestic engine, and if Turkey isn't able to partner up with an engine company, maybe South-Korea and Turkey could look to start a joint engine project in such a case.
KFX will be a lighter aircraft so KFX and MMU cannot use the same engine.

KFX will be a lighter aircraft so KFX and MMU cannot use the same engine.

This was actually quite a shock to me. I always assume fifth generation fighter jets are in the medium tier in terms of capabilties, avionics, propulsion and etc. but the KFX is basically a light fighter jet. The engine having 57.8 kN (13,000 lbf) thrust each seems lacking in comparison to what we have in mind for the MMU (30000lb each according to Cabatli).

um.. we're going off topic.

I think what's important is that you have a jet that can land on Anadolu. STOL/VTOL, whether it can go over 1k km/h is not that important in the short run.

if you can get enough thrust on light jets then even Hurjet would do, but the landing is what everyone has been saying is the problem.

Our facs are underarmed compared to the greek ones. My ideal Fac55 has 76mm +8Atmaca +RAM or Korkut Ciws and a smarts mk2. 10 fac55 + 9 modernized Kilics (with a smart s) would be deadly in the aegan alongside the 16 lighter Tuzla class patrol boats (which can become Facs after a modernization). When I visited Meis their was one Greek Fac. I talked a with one friendly greek petty officer, a woman. This Roussen-class ship had, like I said, a 76 mm gun, 8 excocets (installed, not like our facs that mostly have only 2 harpoon installed) and a Ram system. a Tuzla class patrol boat doesn't have a chance against it in Meis

Back
Top Bottom