What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Nice Harpoon copy and paste

HARPOON and EXOCET are inferior to superior ATMACA ....

1694439649866.jpeg

Last edited:
that was completely not called for

kindly stop trolling

and if your annoyed about the state of France due to the riots over the pensions you can start a new thread
There was no riot because of pension Bro.
Only some 3rd generation migrants sons that used the death of a young refusing to halt to police order to stole and put fire on their brothers and sisters school. Same situation than in GB, no?

View attachment 952759
It is so impressive that it clinch no export deal.

It is so impressive that it clinch no export deal.

Turkiye exported ATMACA anti-ship Missile to Indonesia ... also KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missile and Medium/High Altitude Air Defense Missiles

Turkish Defense Industry will be a very important arms exporter in the world with new weapon systems entering the inventory year by year

Turkiye exported ATMACA anti-ship Missile to Indonesia ... also KHAN Tactical Ballistic Missile and Medium/High Altitude Air Defense Missiles

Turkish Defense Industry will be a very important arms exporter in the world with new weapon systems entering the inventory year by year
Missile not deliverd so far in Indonesia, but I agree, it is an export deal.

Welcome aboard TCG Koçhisar / TCG Akhisar

Suddenly Greece has faced 2 more MILGEM 😅 .... ( HISAR class OPV )

one of the heaviest armed OPVs in the World

Displacement : 2,300 tonnes
Length : 99.56 m

ADVENT Combat Management System
ASELSAN MAR-D 3D Search Radar
YAKAMOS 2020 New Generation hull mounted Sonar
ASELSAN Piri – KATS (Infrared Search and Trace System
DENIZ-GOZU OCTOPOT-S Electro-optical Search System
YELKOVAN Radar Electronic Support System

1 x 76 mm naval Gun ( MKE )
1 x 35 mm CIWS ( GOKDENIZ )
2 x 12.7 mm Remote Controlled Stabilizing Guns ( TARGAN )
8 x HISAR-D SAMs
8 x ATMACA anti-ship Missiles
2 x 6 SDW ( Submarine Defence Warfare Rockets )

1695531737979.jpeg

TCG Akhisar
construction begin: August 2021

TCG Koçhisar
construction begin: December 2022

super fast construction!

MILGEM
Total: 25 Ships. very successful project.

4x Ada class Corvettes
1x I-Class Frigate
1x Ukrainean Corvette
2x Pakistan Frigate
2x Hisar class OPV
1x Intel ship TCG UFUK

11 were built

2x Pakistan Frigates
1x Ukrainean
3x I-class Frigates
8x Hisar class OPV

14 will be built

can someone shed some light on the HISAR Class and how it differs from the Ada Class?

could the fast pace of construction be due to the fact that there is no VLS?

and when will the second I-Class to be launched its been years since the first one was laid 2017 I believe

Last edited:

View attachment 952759
On paper.

Suddenly Greece has faced 2 more MILGEM 😅
Yes,no matter how much you compare Turkey to big powers like USA,Russia,Britain,Germany,France,China....you always come back to Greece. And it all boils down to that. All the boasting and demeaning comments about poor,tiny Greece and it always becomes a post of trying to prove how superior you are to us instead of your "big boys league" 😂

can someone shed some light on the HISAR Class and how it differs from the Ada Class?

could the fast pace of construction be due to the fact that there is no VLS?
There's no VLS on Ada class either,

Hisar is a modular patrol boat based on Ada Class,

In a normal patrol mission she'll be very lightly armed but if the mission demands it she'll be docked and rearmed in a modular way, could be as heavily armed as an Ada Class or maybe just armed for ASuW role, or whatever.

This is a very new concept that Turkish Navy is trying, we'll wait and see how it works but in theory this should help us maintain the numerical superiority in the eastern mediterranean and it will help relieve the burden on frigates.

There's no VLS on Ada class either,

Hisar is a modular patrol boat based on Ada Class,

In a normal patrol mission she'll be very lightly armed but if the mission demands it she'll be docked and rearmed in a modular way, could be as heavily armed as an Ada Class or maybe just armed for ASuW role, or whatever.

This is a very new concept that Turkish Navy is trying, we'll wait and see how it works but in theory this should help us maintain the numerical superiority in the eastern mediterranean and it will help relieve the burden on frigates.

I think the unit cost will go down as more units are built and using the already existing hull design will save money

overall a good concept and shows how successful the hull design was if they are going to build 25 units

considering it was Turkeys first attempt a very good project

I think the unit cost will go down as more units are built and using the already existing hull design will save money

overall a good concept and shows how successful the hull design was if they are going to build 25 units

considering it was Turkeys first attempt a very good project
The real question is, will the modularity work? My guess is no.

I think this is Turkish Navy's way of getting more hulls into water, hoping that indigenous weapon systems get cheaper and more available in the near future, because this is really not an adequate replacement for Burak class.

Replace the forward facing ATGM launcher with a close in laser weapon system and I might change my mind.

The real question is, will the modularity work? My guess is no.

I think this is Turkish Navy's way of getting more hulls into water, hoping that indigenous weapon systems get cheaper and more available in the near future, because this is really not an adequate replacement for Burak class.

Replace the forward facing ATGM launcher with a close in laser weapon system and I might change my mind.

but the OPV is pretty bare

its been designed with upgrade in mind and plenty of space for weapons installations once they become available

either way 10 units is a big order and may even be increased in future which means modularity is actually working and working pretty well

On paper.

in reality
ATMACA is superior to HARPOON and EXOCET in range ,warhead and guidance

Yes,no matter how much you compare Turkey to big powers like USA,Russia,Britain,Germany,France,China....you always come back to Greece. And it all boils down to that. All the boasting and demeaning comments about poor,tiny Greece and it always becomes a post of trying to prove how superior you are to us instead of your "big boys league"

Not USA,Russia,Britain,Germany,France,China

but Greece is dreaming to fight Turkiye in the Eastern Mediterranean and Aegean

Back
Top Bottom