What's new

Turkish Minister of National Defense Yaşar Güler: We are considering purchasing 40 Eurofighter Typhoons

Do you honestly believe that the west would buy Turkish products? They needed Turkish drones for Ukraine only to stop the Russian advance. But that is it.
So why did Poland buy the TB2? Why did Serbia want it? Why are Japan and UK looking into it?

Most of the WEST hates you. More so than Muslims!

Because of our belligerent rhetoric and poor image

For 20 years we've had the most pro-arab anti-west leader ever and look at the results.

Not West
but only USA , The UK , France , Germany which have their own projects

Even states like Italy, Australia, Canada, etc. They would never buy from Turkey, especially when they don't need to. They consider buying from Turkey similar to buying from Russia, China and Iran.

Why is this so hard for some Turks to understand? That the west does not view you favorably.

Look, I have nothing against "muslim states" but most of them hate us and those that don't hate us don't have any money either.

Kaan has different strengths vs. F35, and with the quality we're going for, any state in the world, not just muslim states will want it.
No, maybe leaders of those do but by my estimation Turkiye is most loved state country among muslims states worldwide.

I doubt it, even if it becomes best fighter in the world some political realities will never allow penetration of it into western military sphere, that is nature of global political order and power distribution
It all depends on our foreign policy.
Yes, question is if you will pursue independent turkiye foreign policy or you will be third or fourth fiddle in western orcestra.
The bigger problem is, self reliance is costly. All this effort going into military projects could instead go into making civilian airliners. If Turkey made the next Boeing 737 or A320 of the world, we would be swimming in cash. But we have to be self reliant because we don't have any reliable partners. That has to change.
Trust me, for country like Turkiye most costly is to be under strings, you are on correct path of self development and it is paying off, you just sold Akinci to the saudi for 3bill usd, no reason that those kind of arrangements for more complex and advanced weapons will not multiply in future.

So why did Poland buy the TB2? Why did Serbia want it? Why are Japan and UK looking into it?

Because of our belligerent rhetoric and poor image

For 20 years we've had the most pro-arab anti-west leader ever and look at the results.

Your evidence of the west buying Turkish weapons are a few drone sales to Serbia and Poland, really? Again, Turkey is good in the drone department. The west/world have seen the effectiveness of Turkish drones in the Azeri-Armenia war & in Ukraine and have been keen of them since. But that took long drawn wars for the west to get interested.

The west will NEVER buy KAAN or any other Turkish jet & Tanks.

Even states like Italy, Australia, Canada, etc.

Italy doesnt problem with Turkiye and Italy interest on TB2 UCAV

but pathetic slave countries like Germany Australia Canada,etc can not go to toilet without American-İsraeli permision

USA and Israel are real problem for Turkiye everywhere including in Islamic World

Last edited:
No, maybe leaders of those do but by my estimation Turkiye is most loved state country among muslims states worldwide.
I still remember how just a couple of years ago Turkish economy almost crashed because Saudis boycotted Turkish goods. These people are TERRIBLE business partners. I have friends that trade with them. Iran is even worse. UAE sponsored a coup d'etat in Turkey. We have no friends other than Azerbaijan and Pakistan.

you just sold Akinci to the saudi for 3bill usd,
That's pennies compared to what we can make

The west will NEVER buy KAAN or any other Turkish jet & Tanks.
Despite your negativity, TB3s most likely first customer is Japan.

It will add a great capability to their helicopter carriers

Italy doesnt problem with Turkiye and Italy interest on TB2 UCAV

bur pathetic slave countries like Germany Australia Canada,etc can not go to toilet without American-İsraeli permision

USA and Israel are real problem for Turkiye every where including in Muslim World

As above, the drones were put at display in war. Those drones will sell, but that will be the limit of Turkish sales to the west.

As above, the drones were put at display in war. Those drones will sell, but that will be the limit of Turkish sales to the west.

KIZILELMA unmanned stealth Fighter Jet will be unique in the WEST

when KIZILELMA is on the market, the world including the West will show interest in Turkiye's KIZILELMA unmanned stealth Fighter Jet

The WEST needs unique technologies

You have to take your mind out of this east vs. west simplistic understanding of the world, we're not living in lord of the rings. The world is changing.

If we want a multi-polar world we have to believe in it ourselves first.

After what happened during Erdogan visit to German, do you guys thing German gov will let Turkey order Eurofighter ?

Why dont take a risk little bit and order 42 KF21 instead ?

After what happened during Erdogan visit to German, do you guys thing German gov will let Turkey order Eurofighter ?

Why dont take a risk little bit and order 42 KF21 instead ?
1) I'm not confident, but we really need it and Turkish government correctly deduced what I said almost 4 years ago that it's the only option.

2) KF21 isn't a mature product that we can buy yet. We would have to wait, and that defeats the whole purpose. Turkey S. Korea partnership was discussed very early on, Koreans didn't agree to Turkey being an equal partner so that possibility died then and there.

We need fighters yesterday, not tomorrow.

I still remember how just a couple of years ago Turkish economy almost crashed because Saudis boycotted Turkish goods. These people are TERRIBLE business partners. I have friends that trade with them. Iran is even worse. UAE sponsored a coup d'etat in Turkey. We have no friends other than Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
They are one of the kind but if interests align, valuable partners.
Iran is separate story but i you are their transit hub for europe, i trade that way with them.
Among states maybe, people are different matter.

That's pennies compared to what we can make
Where? That is far biggest single contract your defence industry ever made.

Despite your negativity, TB3s most likely first customer is Japan.

It will add a great capability to their helicopter carriers

That would be great, Japan does not buy grabage,

They are one of the kind but if interests align, valuable partners.
They are extremely stringy, they haggle with everything, make the payments late and sometimes not at all just very very low profits working with them.

Anybody who trades with UK customers tell me that they make payments on time, don't haggle and in general great profits are made.

Where? That is far biggest single contract your defence industry ever made.
IF we instead bought F35 and focused on civilian airliners, we would be making 10 times these profits

In theory we could replace the avionics with Turkish ones, we could set up infrastructure to build chinese engines and replacement parts etc. but J-10 simply isn't worth it.

if it can't mount a Turkish radar, if it can't launch a Turkish missile, if it can't have datalink connection with other Turkish fighters and E7, it's useless..

Even if China came to our door and offered J-10C for free, it would be no use.

Why on earth its useless even if you can't install the inferior Turkish avionics and very inferior turkish missiles on J-10C ? Aren't you using other countries weapons on F-16s ? Like AMRAAMs? I think your bias is speaking. Were you always using Turkish missiles on F-16s ???

Its like saying if European countries offers Pakistan Euro-fighter and that too free of cost but if Pakistan cannot mount its own missiles then its useless.

Nobody is EVER giving Turkey anything free at first place. If Turkey goes for J-10Cs, Ofcourse the aircraft has integration capabilities with different weapon systems especially air to ground ones, But Turkey would be more than happy with PL-15Es and PL-10Es kind of weapon systems. Turkey is nowhere near China in terms of military technology.

Back
Top Bottom