What's new

Turkish military memories & firearms thread

Is conscription only 6 months in turkey, how much is your boot camp?(it is 60 days in Iran and conscription is 24 months)

And how did you fired only 5 rounds in your service? I think when I was 15 or 16 I fired 10 rounds in Moqadamati training.

6 months if you are a university graduate and 1 month of boot camp. It will be 12 months if you are not a university graduate and 3 months of boot camp.

Well i first shot 3 rounds from 25 meters to a A4 paper in boot camp.

Couldn't attend at 200m shots where you fire 3 or 5 shots.

And 2 rounds at night shots.

the second squid from left to right. You can see a naval rank similar to 2.nd lt, which's the one I'm talking about ;)

I still don't know who you're talking about ! :(

Are you talking about the guy who is sitting in plane sight where all of his uniform is insight & we can even see his tie & he is sitting right behind the Board with those Pictures or Whatever posted on them ! :unsure:

Or are you talking about the guy who is second from right to left where his right side is towards the widow while his left side depicts some sort of marking on his arm ! :undecided:

I still don't know who you're talking about ! :(

Are you talking about the guy who is sitting in plane sight where all of his uniform is insight & we can even see his tie & he is sitting right behind the Board with those Pictures or Whatever posted on them ! :unsure:

Or are you talking about the guy who is second from right to left where his right side is towards the widow while his left side depicts some sort of marking on his arm ! :undecided:

yeap, the badass with having markings at his left arm :smokin:

By talking about firing, I remember the first time they thought me how to shoot. During basic military trainings we used G3A7, the following year we also had on-board trainings at pool which we used a M4 variant, it was for training I guess. Anyways, they put us to a boat. went to Tuzla Naval Academy's firing range, it was easy for us as the G3A7 variant uses 5.56 NATO. There was a mate called Ceyhun, damn!!! After his first successful shooting he stood up with his rifle his fingers on trigger (the co probably talked about trigger discipline at least a dozen times). He forgot that he was pointing it to us we including the commanders all jumped to the ground, then he threw the rifle. They gave him live ammo only when it was his squad's turn at shootings. Damn I miss the gunpowder smell you get after firing.

Mate, have you ever fired with a G3 with 7.62 ammo ?

I couldn't get used to it's kickback even after 5 shots..... (as if i shot much :p:)

6 months if you are a university graduate and 1 month of boot camp. It will be 12 months if you are not a university graduate and 3 months of boot camp.

Well i first shot 3 rounds from 25 meters to a A4 paper in boot camp.

Couldn't attend at 200m shots where you fire 3 or 5 shots.

And 2 rounds at night shots.
You guys have it easy, it is 24 months here in Iran and it is the same for every one(although if you are married it will become less).
I always believed that Turkish conscripts receive tougher training than us.

Do university graduate become officers or NCO there?

I probably have the most rounds under my belt than all you guys.

Easily over 500 rounds :sniper:

@atatwolf I wanna see your askerlik pictures

Mate, have you ever fired with a G3 with 7.62 ammo ?

I couldn't get used to it's kickback even after 5 shots..... (as if i shot much :p:)

lolz...7.62 is adopted at Naval War Academy among with 9mm service pistols. I was 17 when I first fired it, but as we debated it, 5.56 is way to go :D

@Truth Seeking Missile well my friend, we all hoped to see some rambo style training but. It's physically easier, but harder by mentally than you think. All you'll learn about firearms will be at Temel Askeri Eğitim (TAE). It'll take around 3-4 weeks. You won't use it more than three or four times. What differed us from others was. Unlike conscripts, we got that TAE every week for over 3,5 years.

You guys have it easy, it is 24 months here in Iran and it is the same for every one(although if you are married it will become less).

Yes it is. But they decreased it at conscripts only. Because the current personnel modernisation program aims to transmission into a professional force. After 3-4 years, it'll be done.

Mate, it was 18 months before they reduced it to 15 months later to 12 months.

And i was in Artillery regiment's Maintance company. Ordinary soldiers shot much more than us and as far as i know Commando Regiments shot insane amount of rounds.

There are two options you can either became a soldier or a reserve officer.

Reserve officers can stay in the military and raise to colonel rank.

I probably have the most rounds under my belt than all you guys.

Easily over 500 rounds :sniper:

@atatwolf I wanna see your askerlik pictures

He is from Holland so....

lolz...7.62 is adopted at Naval War Academy among with 9mm service pistols. I was 17 when I first fired it, but as we debated it, 5.56 is way to go :D

@Truth Seeking Missile well my friend, we all hoped to see some rambo style training but. It's physically easier, but harder by mentally than you think. All you'll learn about firearms will be at Temel Askeri Eğitim (TAE). It'll take around 3-4 weeks. You won't use it more than three or four times. What differed us from others was. Unlike conscripts, we got that TAE every week for over 3,5 years.

Yes it is. But they decreased it at conscripts only. Because the current personnel modernisation program aims to transmission into a professional force. After 3-4 years, it'll be done.
In the military discipline, courage, strong mentalitty, and physical fitness is most improtant last is probably weapons

Hey guys what if we get the mods to open a similar military memories thread in all of the different country forums? That way we can learn more about other peoples experiences and they can learn from us.

@Neptune @Sinan - Whats the size of the Turkish Army ?

Large. :big_boss:

Oh please 5.56 is for little girls...real men only fire the 7.62 round ! :smokin:

Ever shot with a 7.62 G3 ?

Hey guys what if we get the mods to open a similar military memories thread in all of the different country forums? That way we can learn more about other peoples experiences and they can learn from us.

Good idea, i will present it to Iranians. Though they seldom respond to our requests.

@Neptune @Sinan - Whats the size of the Turkish Army ?

I don't know, but the current total active military personnel is 536,394 which 210,593 of them are professionals.

Oh please 5.56 is for little girls...real men only fire the 7.62 round ! :smokin:

Does "real men" used M4 on a moving boat, and G3A7 at field :)

@Armstrong the numbers I gave you are overall of Turkish Armed Forces

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom