What's new

Turkish military memories & firearms thread

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
:welcome:

After getting some input and support I decided to open a thread where Turks can talk about their military and firearms experience. (Maybe post some pics of personal goodies :D)

This thread is dedicated and opened for the discussions and information regarding Turkish made firearms, as well as your military memories.

Feel free to post about your memories as most of you are over 25 which means you've done your military service. Non-Turks can also join us and share their memories and questions regarding Turkish-made firearms.

You can guys can post articles, videos, pictures etc. about the Turkish Small Arms Industry and anything else related to your firearms experience.

@Aeronaut @WebMaster @Neptune Can you guys make it sticky?

Last edited:
Years ago me, just returned from guard duty... mud on boots. :)

28275_127468080627218_5656502_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus.......!!! @Sinan :D There was a pic of mine at the Heybeliada thread I had opened. Let me find it :D

Me, just returned from guard duty... mud on boots.
VoW, isn't it forbidden to take photos or even bring cameras in those areas?
BTW, are you in service now? or it is just a memory photo from days of military service?
And for the final question, is serving military, obligatory in Turkey?

VoW, isn't it forbidden to take photos or even bring cameras in those areas?
BTW, are you in service now? or it is just a memory photo from days of military service?
And for the final question, is serving military, obligatory in Turkey?

Yeap, it is conscription for 6 months. It's not like being a soldier is my profession. My military service ended years ago

Yeap it is forbidden and yes Turks don't mind rules. :)

This was me back in the day.

196689_mainimg.jpg

On a more serious note though I have not done military service I don't even now if it will be availiable when the time comes but I do do my own askerlik at home. I go shooting, Hiking with rucksacks and then sleeping over night in sub zero temperatures. Alot of camping, fishing, and I like to try out various buschcrafting skills.
@xenon54 @Neptune @Sinan

Last edited:

View attachment 17192

On a more serious note though I have not done military service I don't even now if it will be availiable when the time comes but I do do my own askerlik at home. I go shooting, Hiking with rucksacks and then sleeping over night in sub zero temperatures. Alot of camping, fishing, and I like to try out various buschcrafting skills.
@xenon54 @Neptune @Sinan

Muhahahahaha, you will never understand the meaning of being a soldier while being a civilian. :)

View attachment 17192

@xenon54 @Neptune @Sinan

it's not a big deal until we fully integrate ourselves into a professional force. You're doing great. I used to do sailing naval school. Though, we had hell of a conspiracy theories like suit up and steal a sail boat, make it to Istanbul, entertain at Taksim, then return...myths huh :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom