What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

^^^ isn't the price tag is little big 1.7 billion dollar for 1 LPD with its supplementary unit ?

I wonder where this 1.7 billion dollar price tag cames from ?

In the largest of the three deals, SSM selected a local shipyard to award the country’s first-ever contract for the acquisition of a Landing Platform Dock (LPD). Industry sources estimate the contract totals around $500 million.

DEFENSE UPDATE - Turkey awards over $1 billion defense contracts in one week

Navantia Press Release:
Navantia consigue el diseño del LHD que se construirá en Turquía - Ferrol - Diario de Ferrol

Spanish Company will have 800.000 man-hour share.

Total Contract Value = 500 million dollar
=
Navantia = 140 million euro
+
Sedef = 300 million dollar

Navantia's Responsibilities:

1- Design
2- ToT
3- Technical Consultation
4- 4x LCM- 1E. Landing Craft
5- Engine
6- Turbines
7- Integrated Platform Control System

Navantia consigue el diseño del LHD que se construirá en Turquía - Ferrol - Diario de Ferrol

Last edited:
Congrats to Turkish brothers...

attachment.php

apparently the Turkish navy is getting a smaller version without a ski-jump ramp. http://turkishnavy.net/
I have received a copy of the press release made by Defense Industry Undersecretariat, after posting my blog about the Turkish LPD project.

I have created the below table with the information on the press release to make a comparison between the Spanish Juan Carlos, Australian Canberra and Turkish LPD, all based on the same Navantia design.

Canberra Juan Carlos Levent
Displacement (tons)27.50027.50019.000
Length (meters)230230200
Speed (knots)192120
Range (n. miles)9.0009.0007.000
Crew240295240
Please mind that the information about the Turkish LPD is estimations and may change during the course of the project.

The crew will be 190 sailors, 56 air crew, 50 medical staff, 200 command staff and up to 700 marines.

The LPD will be able to carry 13 MBT’s, 27 armored amphibious attack vessels, 6 armored personnel carriers and 33 truck in the garage bay.

The air component will consist of 4 at least 15 ton helicopters on the flight deck and 4 at least 15 ton helicopters or 3 UAV’s in the hangar.

Also from orko_8 Arda Mevlutoglu (orko_8) on Twitter
@SavunmaSanayii bilgi notuna göre üretilecek LPD'nin tahmini deplasmanı 19000t. Hizmete girmiş en büyük gemimiz Yavuz kruvazörüydü: 25400ton

That table is not that comprehensible. I advice you visit http://turkishnavy.net/ and see it your self.

^^^ isn't the price tag is little big 1.7 billion dollar for 1 LPD with its supplementary unit ?

Juan_Carlos_LHD_Spanish_Nayv_2.jpg

Juan Carlos LHD can carry and deploy 4 LCMs thanks to its well deck
Picture: Spanish Navy
may be because of TOT

Every purchase is based on the requirements of the TSK; not mine or yours.

Bro, i know but 200m. How will they Carry f35 and with out a Ski -Jump ramp ( i think they cant Fly with out a Ski -Jump ramp) that means no f35c only f35b has a chance but do you think that they will sell us f35b?

Bro, i know but 200m. How will they Carry f35 and with out a Ski -Jump ramp ( i think they cant Fly with out a Ski -Jump ramp) that means no f35c only f35b has a chance but do you think that they will sell us f35b?
We are a level 3 partner of the F-35 program,you think they will refuse to sell us any F-35s?

Last edited:

why do you think they won't sell turkey f-35b?

Wow....i'm in love with it! :smitten:
Such a cost-effective, multi-role, modular platform. Really innovative.
Guess i'll keep dreaming about it. Anyway awesome ship! Congrats Turkey!!!

Last edited:
We are a level 3 partner of the F-35 program,you think they will refuse to sell us any F-35s?
why do you think they won't sell turkey f-35b?

They wont sell turkey f35b because when you look to the Engine Then you will See a technical marvel.
when I saw it for the first time, I could not believe my eyes.

Turkey gets every Day More an Independent defense industry and They are against there.

Maybe turkey can the Technik from the f35b Integrate in tfx.
Thats question they ask themselves before they sell.

Back
Top Bottom