What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

@cabatli_53 France sold mistral class to Russia and they've commissioned 3 ships themselves so let's not rule out the possibility of an export.

Last edited by a moderator:
@cabatli_53 France sold mistral class to Russia and they've commissioned 3 ships themselves so let's not rule out the possibility of an export.

For now, Turkiye hasn't an equivalent of French DCNS to export this kind of ship.

We are new on military ships, the only success is Yonca Onuk and Daersan (MRTP series and YTKB) for export markets.

I hope RMK could be a DCNS or a Fincantieri in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Desan Shipyard wants to built the Chinese Type 81 Not the Dokdo! As expected RMK Marine is out of the competition since they received the MILGEM contract. The only 2 Remaining is Desan with Chinese Type 81 and Sedef with Spanish Juan Carlos.

Desan shipyard / China Shipbuilding Company (CSIC) team with the Type 081 LHD
Type+081+LHD.jpg

Sedef shipyard / Navantia team with the Juan Carlos class LHD
lhd-juan-carlos-i1%255B1%255D.jpg

However, I find it still unnecesary to rule out RMK Marine out since the Chinese Type 81 also has a flat deck. Trying to Westernize the Chinese LHD will be a big headeache so the contract will probably go to Juan Carlos as expected.

Sir, I'm sorry but I have to say that type 081 is a minesweeper for PLAN. The LHD used by PLAN will be called type 07X, and most probable is type 075.

Type+071+YUZHAO+Jinggang+Shan%25E4%25BA%2595%25E5%2586%2588+999+Kunlun+Shan%25E6%2598%2586%25E4%25BB%2591%25E5%25B1%25B1+998+Amphibious+Transport+Dock+LPD+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+chinese+%25282%2529.jpg

Yuzhao Class China - Desan Shipyard

1.jpg

BAE Design - RMK Marine

Juan_Carlos_I.jpg

It seems tender goes to Spain - Sedef Shipyard. It is expected that winner will be declared in next meeting.

Type+071+YUZHAO+Jinggang+Shan%25E4%25BA%2595%25E5%2586%2588+999+Kunlun+Shan%25E6%2598%2586%25E4%25BB%2591%25E5%25B1%25B1+998+Amphibious+Transport+Dock+LPD+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+chinese+%25282%2529.jpg

Yuzhao Class China - Desan Shipyard

1.jpg

BAE Design - RMK Marine

Juan_Carlos_I.jpg

It seems tender goes to Spain - Sedef Shipyard. It is expected that winner will be declared in next meeting.

Why spain,
Are we Not Build our own lpd????

Why spain,
Are we Not Build our own lpd????

No we wont..At least for the time being..We dont have any experience in building such big warships...Lets see how this joint production will work out, then after gaining some experience and hopefully tech, we can make our own if the need arises

Good. So when is the next SSIK meeting is expected

LPD Tender won the Sedef Shipyard
The tender issued by the Undersecretariat of Defense Industry Landing Platform Dock (LPD) Sedef Shipyard won the tender was announced.
December 27, 2013 / 18:25
Savunma Sanayii İcra Komitesi, 26 Aralık 2013 tarihinde, Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı tarafından teklif değerlendirme çalışmaları tamamlanan Havuzlu Çıkarma Gemisi (LPD) Projesi kapsamında SEDEF Gemi İnşaatı A.Ş. ile sözleşme görüşmelerine başlanmasına, söz konusu firma ile anlaşma sağlanamaması durumunda sözleşme görüşmelerine 2. sıradaki DESAN Deniz İnşaat Sanayi A.Ş. ile devam edilmesine karar almıştır.
Havuzlu Çıkarma Gemisi (LPD)

Last edited:
They didn't choose RMK on purpose because it's koc group.

Back
Top Bottom