What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

LHD delayed, long range SAM delayed, other 6 Milgem ships given to RMK marine and many other decisions.

I think sedef shipyard will win, due to the fact that RMK is going to be busy with the milgems...

Plus i am all for 'juan carlos' ;)

Props to Nutuk btw

Btw, can RMK's LHD carry f35bs
Even the Dokdo can.

It's not a parameter to me. If Turkish airforce needed power projection they'd order CFTs for F16 CCIPs. Problem with Dokdo is that she needs one more deck to provide required ample space. We need our LHD to have a big enough sick bay to almost work as a hospital ship, we need a fully-equipped OR for example.

Understand that this is a very ambitious project. Even Juan Carlos class is a poor match for it. We should jointly build an America-class instead! :)

btw USS Enterprise (CVN-65) is goin to get retired. What about this lady ?
btw CVN-65 has already retired :) and she had no amphibious capabilities. People need to understand that LHDs aren't" light carriers" their job isn't to supplement airforce. It's to keep a certain amount of land force.

Milgem goes to RMK and so As Expected, The winner would be (really high percentage now) Juan Carlos.

bpejuancarlosi00.jpg

Me2 ,but Juan Carlos is my second Choice if they let me :)

Juan Carlos can Carry 20 AV-8B Harrier II ,and USA Replace his AV-8B Harrier II with F-35B !!!

That means something like that Juan Carlos can too Carry F-35B at this Number ? I mean if it ,it would be a good Choice and it will give Turkey a Central Power in the Middle East !

Don´t Joke with me or i come with my LHD :)

Spanish Aircraft Carrier :

800px-SNS_Principe_de_Asturias_%28R11%29_during_Dragon_Hammer_92.jpg

Juan Carlos (Spanish Navy):

800px-Spanish_ship_Juan_Carlos_I_entering_Ferrol.jpg

But Juan Carlos is a Flagship that it´s too a Aircraft Carrier and Amphibious Assault Ship !

What is the capacity of the RMK design in terms of deck size. Is it larger than the Juan carlos.

Apparently Desan Shipyard wants to built the Chinese Type 81 Not the Dokdo! As expected RMK Marine is out of the competition since they received the MILGEM contract. The only 2 Remaining is Desan with Chinese Type 81 and Sedef with Spanish Juan Carlos.

Desan shipyard / China Shipbuilding Company (CSIC) team with the Type 081 LHD
Type+081+LHD.jpg

Sedef shipyard / Navantia team with the Juan Carlos class LHD
lhd-juan-carlos-i1%255B1%255D.jpg

However, I find it still unnecesary to rule out RMK Marine out since the Chinese Type 81 also has a flat deck. Trying to Westernize the Chinese LHD will be a big headeache so the contract will probably go to Juan Carlos as expected.

Spanish One is too a Aircraft Carrier ! Juan Carlos will win ,Turkey needs the Power of this LHD !!!

I mean a Big Mobile Base with Tanks,Soldiers,Aircraft & Co.

A Small Big Army that you can Launch in every Coast in War !

Why doesn't turkey go for the indigenous design? It will lift turkish Naval industry to a whole new era of technology & innovation. And F35 project the only 4th/5th Fighter capable of vertical landing is still under uncertainty. Its a rip off in terms of cost. Should turkey go for such fighters?

Btw with advance technology more powerful catapults can be incorporated that may help incorporate horizontal take off fighters into small Heli carriers without needing them to vertically take off & land.

Why doesn't turkey go for the indigenous design? It will lift turkish Naval industry to a whole new era of technology & innovation. And F35 project the only 4th/5th Fighter capable of vertical landing is still under uncertainty. Its a rip off in terms of cost. Should turkey go for such fighters?

Btw with advance technology more powerful catapults can be incorporated that may help incorporate horizontal take off fighters into small Heli carriers without needing them to vertically take off & land.

Decision is not made its whoever gives best offers, the other will also be made by local shipyards. We have 4th biggest shipbuilding in world AFAIK.

Decision is not made its whoever gives best offers, the other will also be made by local shipyards. We have 4th biggest shipbuilding in world AFAIK.
This was before 2005s. Currently, civilian sector is fvcked because of the turmoil in the markets. Main buyers of the Turkish ships, Europeans and Americans are in deep shvt and unfortunately Turkish shipbuilding took a hard hit because of that.

This was before 2005s. Currently, civilian sector is fvcked because of the turmoil in the markets. Main buyers of the Turkish ships, Europeans and Americans are in deep shvt and unfortunately Turkish shipbuilding took a hard hit because of that.

Not really maybe after 2008 but I think even now because I remember watching a program that said we was 4th.

In terms of innovation and technology, Development of a domestic LHD doesn't add much thing to industry. It is a huge platform indeed but Development of such a big platform with so less requirement numbers for domestic and export markets are not both feasible and costs too much for countries' economy. The country that developed such a big platform with wasting million $ R&D budgets, wouldn't reach the expected monetary figures. Think Turkey as a country developed such a big LHD worth 1,5-2 billion $ and ordered just 1. What's next ? Who will buy it at next phase ? Noone...

Instead of wasting such a big money for development of a LHD, Just order a proven one and fully concantrate over Milgem, TF-100 and TF-2000 class frigate programs which will put Turkish Naval industry ahead of many wellknown warship makers. Whe Those are compared with LHD, The warships are much more strategic than support vessels in peace and war times...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom