What's new

Turkish LHD Program | News & Discusions

They wont sell turkey f35b because when you look to the Engine Then you will See a technical marvel.
when I saw it for the first time, I could not believe my eyes.

Turkey gets every Day More an Independent defense industry and They are against there.

Maybe turkey can the Technik from the f35b Integrate in tfx.
Thats question they ask themselves before they sell.
Maybe you should first understand what ''Partner''means.
Bize ''satmiyoruz''diyemezler.
In 2015/16 we will buy two i believe,lets just wait and see.

Maybe you should first understand what ''Partner''means.
Bize ''satmiyoruz''diyemezler.
In 2015/16 we will buy two i believe,lets just wait and see.

Yes we will buy f35a .
My Text was for f35b.
But i'm also a human like you maybe you are right and they also sell us f35b

They wont sell turkey f35b because when you look to the Engine Then you will See a technical marvel.
when I saw it for the first time, I could not believe my eyes.

Turkey gets every Day More an Independent defense industry and They are against there.

Maybe turkey can the Technik from the f35b Integrate in tfx.
Thats question they ask themselves before they sell.

you can't just reverse-engineer jet engine. it's like almost every country operates jets, but not every country can manufacture them. china is struggling to come up with its own jet engine for years. there are like 4 (usa, russia, great britain, japan) countries who can manufacture jet engines.

Yes we will buy f35a .
My Text was for f35b.
But i'm also a human like you maybe you are right and they also sell us f35b

in my opinion, turkey will not buy f-35a.

Bro dont say its impossible

if I wanted to, I could now say something but.....Nsase (se)

We are a partner of the program so they have to 'allow' us to buy whatever variant we want. However you have to consider other possibilities of recent government action to negotiate to buy the fd2000 air defence system. As we know the US has a responsibility to enforce and regulate its embargo against CPMIEC. This includes any company working with them; this could include any company i.e. Aselsan Rocketsan, TAI.

This would exclude Turkey from obtaining a licencied production line in turkey, like with the f-16.
Would this be preferred. I don't think so.

We are a partner of the program so they have to 'allow' us to buy whatever variant we want. However you have to consider other possibilities of recent government action to negotiate to buy the fd2000 air defence system. As we know the US has a responsibility to enforce and regulate its embargo against CPMIEC. This includes any company working with them; this could include any company i.e. Aselsan Rocketsan, TAI.

This would exclude Turkey from obtaining a licencied production line in turkey, like with the f-16.
Would this be preferred. I don't think so.

As you remember;

Turkey announced in March 2011 that it was placing its order for 100 jets on hold due to a U.S. refusal to provide adequate access to the aircraft’s source codes. Ankara said negotiations for access to the codes, including codes that can be used to control the aircraft remotely, had not yielded satisfactory results, and under these conditions, Turkey could not accept the aircraft. The issue remains unresolved.

I believe the question will eventually come to, "are we going to accept the aircraft without source codes or not."

Ther are some things what i read on the net. The F16 have the problem to ad missile like SOM. The new blocks we dont have the codes so its difficult to program a missile with out the permission of lockheed.

As far i understand the missile have to make a detour to program the missile. Dont ask what or how but its difficult. But it can be fired!

The old terminators are no problem because we have the source codes and old block f16.

So if they are not ready to share source code then we wil say goodby to f35 i think.

The LPD will displace 19,000 tonnes, be around 200 meters long and will not have a ski-jump. This means it is smaller than the Spanish and Australian variants and will not be able to operate fixed-wing aircraft, only helicopters. Turkey is not purchasing F-35B.

Turkey is not purchasing F-35B.
There is still a option additional to 100 F-35A purchasing, we could buy F-35B if we need, and if we build a LPD then you can be shure we will buy them.

Thats @Neptune s comment about this, he is from Navy i think he knows what he is talking about.

Actually it can't fit in our requirements. Because Navy wants 16 F-35Bs and at least battalion size marine force aboard the ship supplied by numerous helicopters. Juan Carlos was the best decision. Plus, Turkish LHD will be 10 meters longer than the Spanish for missile integration.

Bro, i know but 200m. How will they Carry f35 and with out a Ski -Jump ramp ( i think they cant Fly with out a Ski -Jump ramp) that means no f35c only f35b has a chance but do you think that they will sell us f35b?
F35B needs about 170m with maximum weight load. It also doesn't need a ski jump (US has no vessels with ski jumps)

There is still a option additional to 100 F-35A purchasing, we could buy F-35B if we need, and if we build a LPD then you can be shure we will buy them.

Thats @Neptune s comment about this, he is from Navy i think he knows what he is talking about.

No, Turkey is not purchasing F-35B... the Turkish government is only placing orders for F-35A. Also the LPD will only be 19,000 tonnes and wont have a ski-jump. Therefore it wont be capable of operating a fixed-wing fighter like the F-35B.

No, Turkey is not purchasing F-35B... the Turkish government is only placing orders for F-35A. Also the LPD will only be 19,000 tonnes and wont have a ski-jump. Therefore it wont be capable of operating a fixed-wing fighter like the F-35B.

No. The facts written above are the "minimum requirements". And yes, it was offered to be 10 meters longer for missile integration. But after periods of crisis, "many jailed naval officers, economical affects of corruption op...etc." were the actual gamechangers. But Navy plans to purchase F-35B to it's LHD. In fact, that was the reason behind the JSF orders were 100 + 16, instead of 116.

You don't need a ski-jump, catapult or EM take off system at future to operate F-35B. Remember, When the USMC recieved its first squadron of Lightning IIs, they were assigned to USS Wasp which's a USN Wasp-class amphibious assault ship (LHD) that it does not have any take-off assistance systems

Back
Top Bottom