What's new

Turkish, Greek jets in first dogfight after 27 months

Baykuş

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Yorgo KIRBAKİ – ATHENS

Turkish and Greek fighter jets engaged in a mid-air dogfight over the Aegean Sea twice on April 15 in a first since January 2012, Greek media has reported.

According to the reports based on Greek military sources, four F-16s belonging to the Turkish Air Force approached the Semadirek (Samothraki) Island before the first dogfight. Four Greek F-16s took off “to locate and prevent” the Turkish aircraft. Sides faced off against each other north of Samothraki, as well as southwest of Limni (Limnos) Island.

The official website of the Turkish General Staff did not list any violations or dogfights for April 15.

Greece unilaterally claims 10 nautical miles (19 km) of airspace, as opposed to the six miles of territorial waters, as Turkey and other NATO countries accept. Athens considers any unauthorized flight in the airspace from six to 10 miles in the Aegean a “violation.”

Dogfights between Turkish and Greek aircraft over the Aegean Sea had significantly decreased due to the economic crisis Athens is struggling with.

If Greece claims 19km our ships from Black Sea couldn't go to Aegean and thus Med sea.

Dogfights between Turkish and Greek aircraft over the Aegean Sea had significantly decreased due to the economic crisis Athens is struggling with.

Well a few more provocations from the Turkish side and the greeks will unilaterally surrender!

Yorgo KIRBAKİ – ATHENS

Turkish and Greek fighter jets engaged in a mid-air dogfight over the Aegean Sea twice on April 15 in a first since January 2012, Greek media has reported.

According to the reports based on Greek military sources, four F-16s belonging to the Turkish Air Force approached the Semadirek (Samothraki) Island before the first dogfight. Four Greek F-16s took off “to locate and prevent” the Turkish aircraft. Sides faced off against each other north of Samothraki, as well as southwest of Limni (Limnos) Island.

The official website of the Turkish General Staff did not list any violations or dogfights for April 15.

Greece unilaterally claims 10 nautical miles (19 km) of airspace, as opposed to the six miles of territorial waters, as Turkey and other NATO countries accept. Athens considers any unauthorized flight in the airspace from six to 10 miles in the Aegean a “violation.”

so who won ? and what was the casualty situation ?

Who cares about Greece anyway a bankrupt nation and small country with a population of 15 million people.. it is a disgrace for the Turks to give them some much attention... as if they are some kind of rivals or something.. i am ashamed whenever i come across such stupid reports.

We should force them to dogfights more, let them stay poor forever :D

If i ruled Turkiye i would ignore them for a while this way they will soon get over confident and make a mistake a wrong move and thats exactly what i want.. opportunity..

than i would go ahead and teach them a lesson militarily and force them to settle our disagreements for once and for all.

This should be the Turkeys strategy..

If i ruled Turkiye i would ignore them for a while this way they will soon get over confident and make a mistake a wrong move and thats exactly what i want.. opportunity..

than i would go ahead and teach them a lesson militarily and force them to settle our disagreements for once and for all.

This should be the Turkeys strategy..

Let it be, its a good practice for our pilots :D

Let it be, its a good practice for our pilots :D

Dogfights cost money.

Turkish airfoce already trained with NATO standarts.. why waste extra money for dogfights?

let greeks play with Albania or something.

Man enough with the Greek trash talking.
We get it they are going thru a rough patch.

Greece should sell of its Mirage-2000s to India and may be France with 150 Mirage-2000s and Taiwans 57 Mirages will go in IAF too.. As Greece economy is not good only a handful of Block-52s will be good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom