What's new

Turkish drone 'Bayraktar' hits target from 8 kilometers away

"Bayraktar fires its first smart ammo with warhead

"Bayraktar" shot an MAM-L smart ammunition projectile with a warhead for the first time during a test conducted on April 28, 2016. Drone was test fired for the first time on December 17, 2015. The first shot occurred with ammunition without the warhead.

roketsan-umtas-bayraktar.jpg

PHOTO: MAM-L smart ammunition without the warhead, written on it "Beni at, onu atma" (Fire me, not it) from Bayraktar's first shot on December 17, 2015

Along with these tests for the armed drone, the "qualification" stage is thereby completed. Furthermore, over the next months, Bayraktar drones are planned for use by the Turkish Armed Forces after the completion of all required tests.

In ongoing tests, the drones are expected to be able to carry ammunition. Each of round of ammunition, the MAM-L and MAM-C, developed by Roketsan for the drone platforms, weighs 22.5 kilograms. The guided ammo with the warhead, weighing 10 kilograms, can hit a target from 8 kilometers away.

1461950580373.jpg

PHOTO: MAM-L smart ammunition with the warhead from Bayraktar's second shot on April 28, 2016

ChMtGDlWgAApjTg.jpg

D2p4qZ.jpg

PHOTO: MAM-L with the warhead shot by Bayraktar TB2, successfully hit it's target on April 28, 2016" Daily Sabah

"700 years old secret on MAM-L

GRayO2.png

The Turkish-engineered unmanned aerial vehicle "Bayraktar" has fired an MAM-L smart ammunition projectile, written on it '8/17' what actually refers to a 700 years old Turkish tradition.

The secret is about Turkish archery, when an archer finally receive his bow and arrows, his mentor whispers his ear the secret and reads a part from Quran, Surat Al-Anfal 8/17: "And you threw not, when you threw, but it was Allah who threw..."."

Bayraktar's second test fire on April 28, 2016:

Last edited:
When I visited Turkey I got to know a few people and they reffered to me as abi, thats all, I am not an expert in the language, perhaps you know it much better than I.
Its something like bro,out of respect.
''Abi'' literally means ''big brother'' but friends also call each other ''abi''.

When I visited Turkey I got to know a few people and they reffered to me as abi, thats all, I am not an expert in the language, perhaps you know it much better than I.

haha no I have never been to Turkey but I usually go to a Turkish barber shop and He taught me this word.

On topic : Congratulations to our Turk brothers:smitten:

"Bayraktar fires its first smart ammo with warhead

"Bayraktar" shot an MAM-L smart ammunition projectile with a warhead for the first time during a test conducted on April 28, 2016. Drone was test fired for the first time on December 17, 2015. The first shot occurred with ammunition without the warhead.

View attachment 303280
PHOTO: MAM-L smart ammunition without the warhead, written on it "Beni at, onu atma" (Fire me, not it) from Bayraktar's first shot on December 17, 2015

Along with these tests for the armed drone, the "qualification" stage is thereby completed. Furthermore, over the next months, Bayraktar drones are planned for use by the Turkish Armed Forces after the completion of all required tests.

In ongoing tests, the drones are expected to be able to carry ammunition. Each of round of ammunition, the MAM-L and MAM-C, developed by Roketsan for the drone platforms, weighs 22.5 kilograms. The guided ammo with the warhead, weighing 10 kilograms, can hit a target from 8 kilometers away.

View attachment 303286
PHOTO: MAM-L smart ammunition with the warhead from Bayraktar's second shot on April 28, 2016

View attachment 303287
View attachment 303288
PHOTO: MAM-L with the warhead shot by Bayraktar TB2, successfully hit it's target on April 28, 2016" Daily Sabah

"700 years old secret on Turkish missile

View attachment 303290

The Turkish-engineered unmanned aerial vehicle "Bayraktar" has fired an MAM-L smart ammunition projectile, written on it '8/17' what actually refers to a 700 years old Turkish tradition.

The secret is about Turkish archery, when an archer finally receive his bow and arrows, his mentor whispers his ear the secret and reads a part from Quran, Surat Al-Anfal 8/17: "And you threw not, when you threw, but it was Allah who threw..."."

Bayraktar's second test fire on April 28, 2016:

Elhamdulillah!!

To all those foreign legionnaires gathered under the umbrella of PKK, heed to the advice of the most intelligent among you, Winston Churchill. Within 1 year of Gallipoli Campaign he understood that by saying, "We're fighting against GOD". Listen to him and go back home. Some wars aren't meant to be won. Tide has been reversed. It's not like before with the foreign made UAVs, which usually got lost at the most critical moments...

Last edited by a moderator:
I read Vestel-Defence will soon present their Armed UAV :-) Turkey will have 2 armed drones, waiting on TAI to complete their development of a armed ANKA. Then the number will raise to 3, then there's a requirement for suicide drones :-)
Interesting developments ahead.

Turkish Army required serious performance targets for Turkish drone projects so The developments took longer than expected but Finally, We get what we have aimed at the beginning, after passing difficult roads. Today, Turkey offers one of the best drones which has superior altitude/duration performance than many rivals. In tactical class, No UAV can't come close to What Bayraktar TB-2 achieves in trials.

Bayraktar TB-2 Armed Tactical UAV:

27100ft
25h duration

572467fa5659343d8c86bf81.jpg

Vestel Karayel-2 Armed Tactical UAV:

25000ft Altitude
20h duration

p1649402.jpg

Anka-B MALE UAV:
SAR radar+ E/O payloads

31000ft Altitude
27h duration

WkOrZ4.jpg

Anka-S MALE UAV
SATCOM + E/O payloads

31000ft Altitude
27h duration

618b62bf-e761-45f6-875d-da016a1fdc8e.jpg

Anka-TP Akinci

45000ft
1000kg payload

9ENogN.jpg

Anka-S

Bayraktar-TB-2

In tactical class

Finally someone mentioned the difference between Anka MALE Class UAV and an "tactical" !

[Bayraktar Ankanın sınıfı bile değil, Anka Reaper ve Heron ile yarışan sınıfta, Bayraktarın TB2nin yaptiği II. Dünya Savaşında Bombardıman uçaklarının yaptıklarından pek farkı yok, ki bir Stuka gibi bile saldırmıyor ki, onlar mobil olan hedeflere etkiliyidi, bunun yaptiği sadece Physik Kuralları ile az "akıllı Bombayı" ki yönünü bulan bile burda o bombayı havadan hedefe ulaşıcak yerde bırakmak, bunda ben maalesef bir marifet göremiyorum, yani Tarihte Adamlar bir B-29 deneme amaclı uzaktan kumanda edip, içine kamera koyup bir hedefe bomba bırakmışlar, hayir bu yinede bir başarıdır ama asıl Hedef bir Reaper gibi Hellfire ata bilen bir UAV. Bayraktar TB2 gelicek, Akıllı Mühimmatı atıcak, Teröriste sap sap kafasına düşmeyi bekleyecek, bakın bügünkü Teröriste Amerikan Reaper bile işlemiyor, değil ki TB2 ışlesin, benim demek istediğim Forumu TB2 haberlerle ile spamleymeyiniz, tabii bu herkez için geçerli değildir ama yeni gelen her yeni "Türk Bayraklı" Üye nedense büyük bir azimle bunu devam ettiriyor, bençe Foruma üyelik tek Hafta sonları açık olsun, sankı bazıların derdi Savunma odaklı bir Alt-Türk-forumunda bile iktidar politikasi yapmak yada hangi politika olursa olsun, burası yeri değil ve olmasını ben istemem.]

Finally someone mentioned the difference between Anka MALE Class UAV and an "tactical" !
Why does somebody have to mention the difference between ANKA and Bayraktar when it is about Bayraktar's successful test firing?

grayo2-png.303290

700 years old secret on MAM-L

The secret is about Turkish archery, when an archer finally receive his bow and arrows, his mentor whispers his ear the secret and reads a part from Quran, Surat Al-Anfal 8/17: "And you threw not, when you threw, but it was Allah who threw...".

Physik Kuralları ile az "akıllı Bombayı" ki yönünü bulan bile burda o bombayı havadan hedefe ulaşıcak yerde bırakmak, bunda ben maalesef bir marifet göremiyorum
I am not very good at physics but I can easily say with its free falling speed it can hit targets which are moving at a limited speed.

Back
Top Bottom