What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

"Tomb of Gül Baba to be restored by Turkish International Cooperation and Development Agency.

G%C3%BCl_Babab_T%C3%BCrbe.JPG

Gül Baba's octagonal tomb is located on Mecset Street, Budapest, a short but steep walk from the Margaret Bridge in the district of Rózsadomb. The tomb, in 1916, represented the farthest influence of Bektashism in Europe. It is the property of the Republic of Turkey today."

14222173_1830564117166841_4780313421880820229_n.jpg

Guys, here you can see some stuff from my home town- Karnobat in Southeastern Bulgaria located on around 40km away from the Black seas coast. I am really happy to introduce you guys a little part of my region. :D Hope you enjoy the videos guys.

The first one is about some of the buildings here that are left from the Ottoman times. Those are buildings that are like 100 meters away from my home. Before the independence of Bulgaria in 1878 my city was a city with mostly Turkish people in it. Plus a lot of Bulgarians and one of the biggest Jewish communities in Southern Bulgaria. Right now probably Turks are between 2000- 3000 people out of a population of 19 000.

The second video is about the biggest Turkish/Muslim village in our municipality- Klikac- Tellal Koyu. with a population of a thousand people. There is also a lot of other villages where Turks live with probably the number of Turks in the whole municipality is around 20% out of around 30 000 people in total.

On the right you can see some other such videos about different Turkish places around Bulgaria. Turks in Bulgaria are around 700 000 and live in in some big regions around Bulgaria and also inhabit most big cities around the country.... There is a small part of around 30 000- 50 000 who are alevis. The number of Muslims in the country is even bigger as there is also a lot of Muslim Gypsies, Pomaks and Some Tatars in places around the Romanian border with some of them identifying as Turks sometimes. Probably around 400 000 Bulgarian Turks live in Turkey and also hold a dual citizenship which is unfortunately a right only for those who forcibly left the country in the 80's. Hundreds of thousands and even millions of people more around Turkey are also people from Bulgaria who left their lands in the years after Bulgaria's independence, around the Balkan Wars and after the coming of Communism in 1944. Probably around a 100 000+ Bulgarian Turks live around Europe too.

2000px-Distribution_of_Muslims_in_Bulgaria_per_Province.svg.png

So this is only a small presentation of the Turks in Bulgaria guys... Don't forget that your brothers live right across the border and I would have been really happy if more investments from Turkey were coming to those villages and towns.

Last edited:
Battlefield between Mongols and Manchures from Cengiz Khan movie

Conquest of Jarusalem by Seladdin Ayyube

Conquest of Istanbul by Fatih Sultan Mehmed

Martial art of Tengri Khuresh

Martial art of Amarok of Turkey

Martial art of Matrak of Turkey

Martial art of Sayokan of Turkey
Tengri Khuresh is like russian systema but more direct... interesting. What martial art turkish army is using?

It is depend of unit commander but i heard they use Judo.
Realy good choice it suits me perfect :D ofcourse depends on body type and style but generaly its maybe the best for military personel together with japanese jujutsu (the same thing) it have striking techniques, wrestling, ground fighting weapon and anti weapon techniques realy suits the need of military and police personel realy good choice I didnt expected :D

Tengri Khuresh is like russian systema but more direct... interesting. What martial art turkish army is using?
Mate, i wanna underline that non of these fighting Technics are historical.....All of them are invented a few years ago or 1-2 decades ago at most.

Back
Top Bottom