What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

No there is a difference between disagreeing with someones viewpoint and him flatout being a toxic agenda pusher. He is a entitled dipshit who uses his platforms to push his own political narrative unto others instead of informing them, and anyone that doesnt agree can **** off according to him. I want to see Turk-ic/ish history, not his political narrative and agenda being pushed into my face nonstop. I had followed him for Years prior and have been doing so happily despite me disagreeing with him on numerous occasions, but he has become painfully unbearable and toxic. He does this CONSTANTLY, with every post he makes there is an agenda he is pushing. The guy has become a parody of himself. I read books on Turkic/ish history aswell, doesnt make me a political and societal expert.
Wtf is wrong with you - his post is about Turkic camels got distinguished because of anti-arabism

Look guys im not a blind supporter of the admin.

He has been posting some stuff that look pro kurdish. Seriously I hate it to be honest he really thinks the problem can be solved by making Turkey decentralised or offering some form of autonomy check his page on instagram does not make him pro pkk but seriously the admin of turkish/ic history deluded if he believes this. Kurds more than just want autonomy or independnace they want a greater kurdistan.

Sorry Turks cannot give this. Kurds have been rebelling ever since the Ottoman Empire was weakening and on life support in the 1800s.

We have a kurdish problem since the end of ww1 because the kurds want independance also huge chunks of land which the Turks refuse to give.

Kurds constantly lie and cry about it hence why the Turks should just continue crushing them. If the kurds were successful then every other ethnic group or minority will constantly demand.more and more. Give them an inch they will take your arm then your whole body. Everybody is equal under Turkish law if not just leave the country.

On this day in 1878 the Ottoman Empire lead by Abdulhamit II gave away Cyprus to the British Empire as an exchange for their “support” in the Russian- Turkish war or 1877-1878. By support I mean that they stopped the Russians from taking over Istanbul and the Straits- Russians were 30km away from the city. In the end of this war Ottomans lost Bulgaria, Bosnia and the Caucasus plus Cyprus too of course.

Cyprus was important to Britain because it is close to Suez so they secure the region for their navy. But still to the public this whole handing over of the island was presented as a temporary lease for which Britain was paying the Sultan 93000 british pounds a year... Money that were paid by the local Cypriots who were also paying for the whole British forces and administration on the island too. On top of it all those 93000 pounds didn’t even go to Istanbul but directly went as a small repayment to the Bank of England to which the Ottoman Empire was in huge debt. @MKALE1

In 1881 the Empire couldn’t even pay back its debts to the Western Powers so they formed the Ottoman Public Debt Administration. It was completely independent from Ottoman “authorities” and ran by Westerners and it’s only purpose was to collect taxes and debts and help Western companies to make “investments”. It had more employees than the Ottoman financial ministry and had the power to tax and seize properties etc. You can imagine something like that to happen in an occupied country or a colony and not in a state ran by Abdülhamit but it happened for years... Also the same year France occupied Tunisia while in 1882 Britain took over Egypt and Sudan too.

Abdülhamit was a great Khalif too of course on top of his military and economic achievements. In 1899 he helped Germans and American in their campaigns in China and the Philippines too. They asked him as a Khalifa to tell the rebelling Muslim soldiers in China who fought against Westerners to lay down their weapons and he did of course. Also in the Philippines he sent a letter to the local Moro Sultanate not to fight against the American occupation. With his letter he saved a lot of headaches to the Colonialists. What a great fighter for Islam he was indeed.

So many “great” achievements and I don’t even mention the stuff that happened after 1899 until he died in 1918.

On this day in 1878 the Ottoman Empire lead by Abdulhamit II gave away Cyprus to the British Empire as an exchange for their “support” in the Russian- Turkish war or 1877-1878. By support I mean that they stopped the Russians from taking over Istanbul and the Straits- Russians were 30km away from the city. In the end of this war Ottomans lost Bulgaria, Bosnia and the Caucasus plus Cyprus too of course.

Cyprus was important to Britain because it is close to Suez so they secure the region for their navy. But still to the public this whole handing over of the island was presented as a temporary lease for which Britain was paying the Sultan 93000 british pounds a year... Money that were paid by the local Cypriots who were also paying for the whole British forces and administration on the island too. On top of it all those 93000 pounds didn’t even go to Istanbul but directly went as a small repayment to the Bank of England to which the Ottoman Empire was in huge debt. @MKALE1

In 1881 the Empire couldn’t even pay back its debts to the Western Powers so they formed the Ottoman Public Debt Administration. It was completely independent from Ottoman “authorities” and ran by Westerners and it’s only purpose was to collect taxes and debts and help Western companies to make “investments”. It had more employees than the Ottoman financial ministry and had the power to tax and seize properties etc. You can imagine something like that to happen in an occupied country or a colony and not in a state ran by Abdülhamit but it happened for years... Also the same year France occupied Tunisia while in 1882 Britain took over Egypt and Sudan too.

Abdülhamit was a great Khalif too of course on top of his military and economic achievements. In 1899 he helped Germans and American in their campaigns in China and the Philippines too. They asked him as a Khalifa to tell the rebelling Muslim soldiers in China who fought against Westerners to lay down their weapons and he did of course. Also in the Philippines he sent a letter to the local Moro Sultanate not to fight against the American occupation. With his letter he saved a lot of headaches to the Colonialists. What a great fighter for Islam he was indeed.

So many “great” achievements and I don’t even mention the stuff that happened after 1899 until he died in 1918.

But, but... his famous quote
“Bir karış dahi olsa vatan toprağını satmam, zira bu vatan bana değil milletime aittir. Milletim de bu toprakları ancak aldığı fiyata verir. Çünkü bu topraklar kanla alınmıştır, kanla verilir!”

Is that actually a thing he said or just something that some screenwriter on that dumb TRT Abdulhamid show brain- farted for the mouths of the brain dead fans of it. :D

How retarded some people must be to worship the worst Ottoman Sultan ever: the guy that absolutely bankrupted the Empire, turned it into a western vassal/colony and lost more territory than all of his predecessors combined.

You have brilliant sultans like Fatih Sultan Mehmet, Suleyman, Selim etc but you choose Abdulhamit II. Those guys are imbeciles I tell you.

Is that actually a thing he said or just something that some screenwriter on that dumb TRT Abdulhamid show brain- farted for the mouths of the brain dead fans of it. :D

How retarded some people must be to worship the worst Ottoman Sultan ever: the guy that absolutely bankrupted the Empire, turned it into a western vassal/colony and lost more territory than all of his predecessors combined.

You have brilliant sultans like Fatih Sultan Mehmet, Suleyman, Selim etc but you choose Abdulhamit II. Those guys are imbeciles I tell you.
sadly I had to like this post...

I agree about Abdulhamid II being overrated and overblown.

We should be fair with him rather than being bias. He was ruling the empire at a delicate time his reforms basically allowed the empire to breath. While at the time he had his bad like locking up the Ottoman navy, too much power corrupts and along with other things.

Abdulhamid II did lose a lot of land seriously I dont expect much from an empire that is collapsing hence why he had no choice to be with the British to counter the Russians.

After Abdulhamid II was gone his successors failed to stop the rot of the empire.

Overall a shitty situation for everybody. Abdulhamid II once lamented how he could not unite his empire on one ethnicity and succeed in his reforms to become like Japan.

I agree a lot Abdulhamid II time should not be seen as a golden time. A lot of people have overblown his legacy.

Still I wonder how many of us would able to take on such a situation. Thats why my top 5 Ottoman sultans is Fatih, Yavuz Sultan Selim, Suleyman and Murat the 4th.

I do believe Osman Gazi, Orhan Gazi and Genc Osman are underrated. Genc Osman rule was short lived but man he was a reformist and a visionary. The man saw the rot of the empire began tried to overturn it quickly until he got killed. What a tragedy.

I agree about Abdulhamid II being overrated and overblown.

We should be fair with him rather than being bias. He was ruling the empire at a delicate time his reforms basically allowed the empire to breath. While at the time he had his bad like locking up the Ottoman navy, too much power corrupts and along with other things.

Abdulhamid II did lose a lot of land seriously I dont expect much from an empire that is collapsing hence why he had no choice to be with the British to counter the Russians.

After Abdulhamid II was gone his successors failed to stop the rot of the empire.

Overall a shitty situation for everybody. Abdulhamid II once lamented how he could not unite his empire on one ethnicity and succeed in his reforms to become like Japan.

I agree a lot Abdulhamid II time should not be seen as a golden time. A lot of people have overblown his legacy.

Still I wonder how many of us would able to take on such a situation. Thats why my top 5 Ottoman sultans is Fatih, Yavuz Sultan Selim, Suleyman and Murat the 4th.

I do believe Osman Gazi, Orhan Gazi and Genc Osman are underrated. Genc Osman rule was short lived but man he was a reformist and a visionary. The man saw the rot of the empire began tried to overturn it quickly until he got killed. What a tragedy.
What are your views on Murad II ,Mehmed IV and Beyazid (Yildrim) Dont know if he was first or second. We have quite few things named after him. I think even had a warship named Yildrim. Have come across some sports clubs and the sort named Yildrim too. This really came a surprise to me when i first saw those. Usually no one really knows about Ottomons Sultans barring one or 2.

What are your views on Murad II ,Mehmed IV and Beyazid (Yildrim) Dont know if he was first or second. We have quite few things named after him. I think even had a warship named Yildrim. Have come across some sports clubs and the sort named Yildrim too. This really came a surprise to me when i first saw those. Usually no one really knows about Ottomons Sultans barring one or 2.

3 of them are Underrated to be honest.

Mehmed IV led lots of conquest and revived the Ottomans back to business but he is remembered for his defeat in Vienna. Yildirim Bayezid was Alpha as fck he humiliated the crusaders and kicked anatolian beyliks butts but he lost to Timur in a humiliating way and ensured a civil war. He got captured in battle this is the only time a Ottoman sultan became a pow.

His father got killed in battle while he got captured in battle. Crazy way of fate there to be honest.

Murad II basically laid the foundations to Mehmed II success. As much as Fatih was successfull he owes a lot to his father. His underrated.

When it comes Ottoman sultans his always overlooked.

Why there are a lot of bastards at Turkey, this is good example to understanding.

PİÇ
Ömer Seyfettin asker bir yazardır istiklal savaşında bir çok cephede savaşmıştır. Filistin cephesinde olan hatırasını okuyalım :
" Almanların yenilmesiyle savaş bitmiş müterake imzalanmıştı Filistinden çekiliyorduk bir kaç arkadaş subayla karşı tarafın subaylarıyla çekilme işlerini görüşmek için görüşmeye gittik. Karşı tarafta Fransız üniformalı bir subay bana sık sık bakıyor gözünü benden ayırmıyordu ben buna bir mana veremiyordum. Fransız subay yerinden kalkıp bana doğru geldi ve nasılsın Ömer Seyfettin dedi. Beni nerden tanıyorsun ben bir yüzbaşıyım öyle tanınacak kadar üst düzey bir komutan değilim dedim. Ömer ben seninle İstanbul da askeri lisede beraber okudum ben falancayım deyince hayretler içinde baktım hatırladım. Hep dini Kur'an-ı eleştiren Osmanlıyı devamlı kötüleyen vatan bayrak sevgisi olmayan bir öğrenci idi amma yine de Fransız subayı olması normal değildi.
Peki nasıl böyle oldun dedim. Dedi ki : Ne zaman bir savaş olsa Türkler galip gelse içimde üzüntü oluyordu Türkler kaybetse zarar görse içimde bir sevinç oluyordu çoğu zaman kendimi ayıplıyor neden böyleyim diyordum. Bir gün Anneme ısrarla bunun sebebini sordum. Dayanamayacağım anlatayım dedi. İstanbul hastanesinde görevli bir Fransız doktor vardı hastaneye gidip gelirken onunla birlikte oldum ve sen o Fransız doktorun oğlusun babanın bundan haberi yok şimdi sen öğrendin dedi.
Zaten babam zannettiğim çoktan ölmüştü. O hastaneye gittim şu tarihte burada çalışmış şimdi Fransaya dönmüş olan şu isimli doktorun adresi varmı dedim, adresi verdiler. Fransaya gittim babamı buldum olanları Annemin sözlerini söyledim. Her şeyi unutmadım Anneni gerçekten sevmiştim dedi ve beni kabul edip nufusuna yazdırdı. Fransız okullarında eğitimimi tamamladım ve gördüğün gibi bir Fransız subayı olarak karşındayım Ömer Seyfettin dedi.
Şimdi ben milletini bayrağını dinini eleştirenleri gördükçe acaba onlar da böyle piç mi diye düşünüyorum.???
Ömer Seyfettin

Dolayısı ile dinimize milletimize vatanimiza soven picler boşuna sovmuyorlar.

Boraltan Bridge massacre and Ismet Inönü

boraltan-koprusu-hadisesi.jpg

Innocent Azeri turks were run away from Russian persecution and refuge to Turkey. But Ismet Inönü didnt want to have bad relations with USSR and send them back althought he knew that they will be executed by communist soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom