What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

I will say, "cogito ergo sum" - I thing therefore I am. Of course, many people identify themselves about ethnic. Others about religion. We in Europe are a community of value first.
Yeah, Germans are not nationalistic anymore...Would be a different case if you had managed to win WW2....i always wonder if Germany had not declared war on Russia, could Germans win the WW2 eventually ?

What do you think ?

The base of a nation could be religion and ethnic first, but at the end you must find a way to find values with which every citizen can identify. Religion can not be, because not every citizen have same religion. Ethnic can not be also, because not every citizen is a turk. So find a solution for all of your people.

This is only my opinion. No offense.

Yeah, Germans are not nationalistic anymore...Would be a different case if you had managed to win WW2....i always wonder if Germany had not declared war on Russia, could Germans win the WW2 eventually ?

What do you think ?

This is pure hypothetical. I would say no. We fought a four front-war. Okay, let's Russia outside, left over 3. U.S start to discover his power. Even if we managed to conquer whole Europe. U.S has to managed nuclear weapon. The ultimate weapon. Maybe if Russia had fought on our side.

Last edited:
This is pure hypothetical. I would say no. We fought a four front-war. Okay, let's Russia outside, left over 3. U.S start to discover his power. Even if we managed to conquer whole Europe. U.S has to managed nuclear weapon. The ultimate weapon. Maybe if Russia has foughten on our side.
Yeah, true.....but it was the German scientists whom made nukes available for US....yeah...there are too many ifs, if Germany had not decleared war on Russia, if US had not discovered the atomic bomb, if Germans could pre-read the Normandia offensive, etc...

There is a documentary series on National Geographic named "Mega Machines of Nazis" or something like that... It amazed me. Every piece of machine they produced for the war was far better than any of it's counter parts and far beyond their time. Today Turkey builds 1 Submarine per year but 70 years ago Germany managed to build more than 400 submarines in a few years, they found specific engineering solutions to specific problems. It occurs as Germans were invincible...

Yeah, true.....but it was the German scientists whom made nukes available for US....yeah...there are too many ifs, if Germany had not decleared war on Russia, if US had not discovered the atomic bomb, if Germans could pre-read the Normandia offensive, etc...

There is a documentary series on National Geographic named "Mega Machines of Nazis" or something like that... It amazed me. Every piece of machine they produced for the war was far better than any of it's counter parts and far beyond their time. Today Turkey builds 1 Submarine per year but 70 years ago Germany managed to build more than 400 submarines in a few years, they found specific engineering solutions to specific problems. It occurs as Germans were invincible...
The Nazis were experimenting a lot, many of their innovations like Turbofan engines and rockets came in the last years of war so that they didnt have enough time to make feasible machines for the war.
But we should also mention a lot megalomaniac machines that would have never worked or didnt really work on battlefield.

maxresdefault.jpg

Maus_Ku_01-1.jpg

341433_1322479491_large.jpg

You should not forget that our hole nation turn into a war machine. That's a lot of potential and resources that we have used.

I am wondering what are people in Turkey thinking about Nazi Germany?

What were the relations between the two countries? I guess they were friendly as Hitler was positive to all other nations that fought along Germans in WWI?
To me Nazi Germany is one of the greatest empires in history and I can talk a lot about that. I will always respect Hitler as a leader and a man who said a lot of ugly truths about the world economy and politics and a leader that managed to lead one destroyed nation to the top in such a short time. Unfortunately Germans lost the war mostly due to bad luck and lesser population and we know the rest of the story.

What were the relations between the two countries? I guess they were friendly as Hitler was positive to all other nations that fought along Germans in WWI?
To me Nazi Germany is one of the greatest empires in history and I can talk a lot about that. I will always respect Hitler as a leader and a man who said a lot of ugly truths about the world economy and politics and a leader that managed to lead one destroyed nation to the top in such a short time. Unfortunately Germans lost the war mostly due to bad luck and lesser population and we know the rest of the story.
Nazi leaders were very fond of the Islamic faith because they could see the faith instilled courage, discipline and fearlesness. The 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS was almost entirely Muslims fromt he Balkans

"It was given the titleHandschar after a local fighting knife or sword carried by Turkish policemen during the centuries that the region was part of the Ottoman Empire. It was the first non-Germanic Waffen-SS division, and its formation marked the expansion of the Waffen-SS into a multi-ethnic military force. Composed of Bosnian Muslims (ethnic Bosniaks) with some Catholic Croat soldiers and mostly German and Yugoslav Volksdeutsche (ethnic German) officers and non-commissioned officers, it took an oath of allegiance to both Adolf Hitler and the Croatian leader Ante Pavelić."

The romantic notions that Himmler had about the Bosnian Muslims were probably significant in the division's genesis.He was personally fascinated by the Islamic faith and believed that Islam created fearless soldiers. He found their ferocity preferable to the gentility of Christians and believed their martial qualities should be further developed and put to use. He thought that Muslim men would make perfect SS soldiers as Islam "promises them Heaven if they fight and are killed in action."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_...of_the_SS_Handschar_(1st_Croatian)#Background

Nazis did bad stuff, but you gotta respect them for their sharp intelligence, courage and discipline. It was one of the greatest military force in the history of mankind.

Both World Wars came as a result as Germany's direct challenge to the Anglo world domination.
And i have always regarded Erwin Rommel the Desert Fox as the greastest General/Field Marshal in modern history. This guy is a genius and a real gentleman

In 1944, Rommel was peripherally implicated in the 20 July plot to assassinate Hitler. Due to Rommel's status as a national hero, Hitler desired to eliminate him quietly. He forced Rommel to commit suicide, in return for assurances that Rommel's family would not be persecuted following his death. He was given a state funeral.

Last edited:
am wondering what are people in Turkey thinking about Nazi Germany?

For me there are two aspects.

1-) Imperial desires turned into something evil...commited worst crimes of the human history.

2-) Very efficient, organized, innovative, strong, quality war machine of the human history.

I am a little bit afraid of you.

Why are you exactly afraid of me? How is Hitler being shown into your history books, TV shows and etc and what do you think of him as a German?

Believe me I don't support the Holocaust as it is a great crime to me and was mostly done to innocent people- I respect the Jews even though they probably have some bad sides as any other nation. The ones who Hitler should have destroyed ran away without a problem or were just invincible even for him.

I come from a country that was ruled by a regime much worse than Nazism. Bulgaria was also a German Ally in two World wars, German troops were located on our soil but all people I trust that have lived in those times tell me how Germans are intelligent, disciplined and clean people with good manners. On the other hand, some year after the Soviets basically occupied our country, Soviet troops came on the place of the German ones and people saw what barbarians look like in real life- dirty, drunk, poor, without manners- raping and killing everyone who refuses to give them what they want as their pray. Some years after the occupation of 9th of September 1944 a Communist government came to power, of course loyal to their Soviet masters and that was the worst thing to have ever happened to this country- concentration camps, prisons, closed borders, propaganda, ethnic cleanings, executions to the enemies of the nation, taking the property of all rich people and making it a state property and more, and more, and more. Of course I will respect Hitler more, because my country saw good stuff from him. On the other hand you are probably against him, because your people saw mostly the bad sides of his rule.

"Gagauzia’s Vlah holds talks with Turkey’s leadership

Irina Vlah, the governor of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, was in the Turkish capital Ankara on June 21 for talks with top leaders, with the Turkish side emphasizing that the prosperity of Gagauzia is linked to the strength of Moldova.

Vlah first held a meeting with Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu at parliament and was then hosted by Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım at the Prime Ministry and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan at his presidential palace later in the day.

“Minister Çavuşoğlu gave a warm welcome to Irina Vlah because of her visit to Turkey as a representative of both Moldova and our cognates. He pointed out that a strong and prosperous Gagauzia can only exist and develop along with a strong Moldova,” Turkish diplomatic sources told the Hürriyet Daily News after the meeting between Çavuşoğlu and Vlah.

“In the meeting, the importance of incremental development in economic and commercial relations was emphasized. Çavuşoğlu underlined that Turkey will continue supporting projects in Moldova and Gagauzia,” the same diplomatic sources said.

Views were also exchanged on the issue of Gagauzia opening a representative agency in Turkey and the issue of mutual educational cooperation between the two countries, they added.

Vlah was elected as Gagauzia’s “BashKhan,” or governor, in March 2015 and took her post in April 2015.

Gagauzia, most of whose 160,000 people are Turkic-speaking Christians, enjoys economic autonomy but has Moldovan police, schools, and courts."

gokoguz-yeri-baskani-irina-vlah-ve-beraberindekileri-cumhurbaskanligi.jpg

basbakan_yildirim_irina_vlahla_gorustu_1466515099_389.jpg

Cld4s6fXIAAAUki.jpg

Gagauzia’s Vlah holds talks with Turkey’s leadership

"Gagauzia’s Vlah holds talks with Turkey’s leadership

Irina Vlah, the governor of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, was in the Turkish capital Ankara on June 21 for talks with top leaders, with the Turkish side emphasizing that the prosperity of Gagauzia is linked to the strength of Moldova.

Vlah first held a meeting with Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu at parliament and was then hosted by Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım at the Prime Ministry and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan at his presidential palace later in the day.

“Minister Çavuşoğlu gave a warm welcome to Irina Vlah because of her visit to Turkey as a representative of both Moldova and our cognates. He pointed out that a strong and prosperous Gagauzia can only exist and develop along with a strong Moldova,” Turkish diplomatic sources told the Hürriyet Daily News after the meeting between Çavuşoğlu and Vlah.

“In the meeting, the importance of incremental development in economic and commercial relations was emphasized. Çavuşoğlu underlined that Turkey will continue supporting projects in Moldova and Gagauzia,” the same diplomatic sources said.

Views were also exchanged on the issue of Gagauzia opening a representative agency in Turkey and the issue of mutual educational cooperation between the two countries, they added.

Vlah was elected as Gagauzia’s “BashKhan,” or governor, in March 2015 and took her post in April 2015.

Gagauzia, most of whose 160,000 people are Turkic-speaking Christians, enjoys economic autonomy but has Moldovan police, schools, and courts."

View attachment 312696

View attachment 312697

View attachment 312709

Gagauzia’s Vlah holds talks with Turkey’s leadership

Great news, we shouldn't forget our people over there.

"Irina Vlah also visited President of Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency, Serdar Çam."
13435292_1799326713623915_241401432550972750_n.jpg

_____

13501622_1031571220244412_2592077928175447965_n (1).jpg

Photo: 1,500 years old instrument which belongs to Gokturk's, has been found in Altay (Altai) Mountains (TRT Avaz)

800px-Sunset_at_Kucherla_lake.jpg

Photo: Lake Kucherla in the Altai Mountains

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom