Turkey’s STM offers FAC-55 missile boat to Pakistan

Sensors and CMS:

• Smart-S Mk-2 3D Radar

• Fire Control: STING EO Mk2

• Sonar: TBT-01 Yakamoz

• Communications: SatCom, GPS, LAN, Link 11/16

• Navigation: ALPER LPI Radar, ECPINS-W, ECDIS/WECDIS

• IPMS: Yaltes EPKIS

• E/O: Aselflir 300D (might be replaced with CATS if Aselsan proposes a naval variant)

• X-Band radar

• Genesis ADVENT Combat Management System

Electronic Warfare Systems:

• SIGINT: Aselsan ARES-2N

• ASW defense: Sea Sentor SSTD

• Others: Laser/RF, ASW Jammer, DG

ASW defense: Sea Sentor SSTD - Aselsan Hizir

The only staffs left to be offered are Borek and Manti from my Mahalle Teyze!!!

Borek:
something like lasagna
Manti: something like rivoli
Teyze: Aunt

Well since us Pakistani likes oily things, we would like some katlama or katmer

And if pakistan doesnot acquire milgem II should we come after you with Soutti in our hands ?

As for long range SAM vessels, the Type 057 seems to be the best bet. Likely, given the soze. Of the vessel, it could potentially field HQ9 in the 16 cell aft vls. If you compate thos thing to the IN ships, it would be more than a match for major surface ship IN fields with respect to air defense (though many of the larger destroyer size ships carry more AShM

That was an artist's illustration by the way. The ships are dubbed as Istanbul-class frigates. This is the final revised design by Naval Shipyard posted below. For the DZKK, the construction of the first ships will commence at early 2017, IOC expected at 2021. They are planned to replace Yavuz-class (MEKO) frigates of DZKK.

img_0818.jpg

Specifications:

img_2714-1.jpg

General:

• Length: 113 m

• Displacement: 3.000 tonnes

• Speed: 29 knots

• Range: 6.000 nm (~11.000 km)

• Crew: 125

Armaments:

• 2×8 Atmaca anti-ship missile

• 16-cell Mk41 VLS, therefore;

• 64x RIM-162 ESSM (But its likely that by that time ESSM Blok 2 will be ready for production with upgraded dual seekers which Turkey is a part of the project)

• Korkut-D 25mm CIWS (if it wont catch up with the schedule: Phalanx Mk-15 Blok 1B CIWS)

• Oto Melara 76/62 mm Super Rapid

• 2x 324mm Mk32 triple torpedo launcher for Mark 46 Mod 5

• 2x 25 mm Aselsan STOP RWS

• 1x Sikorsky SH-70 Seahawk Helicopter

Sensors and CMS:

• Smart-S Mk-2 3D Radar

• Fire Control: STING EO Mk2

• Sonar: TBT-01 Yakamoz

• Communications: SatCom, GPS, LAN, Link 11/16

• Navigation: ALPER LPI Radar, ECPINS-W, ECDIS/WECDIS

• IPMS: Yaltes EPKIS

• E/O: Aselflir 300D (might be replaced with CATS if Aselsan proposes a naval variant)

• X-Band radar

• Genesis ADVENT Combat Management System

Electronic Warfare Systems:

• SIGINT: Aselsan ARES-2N

• ASW defense: Aselsan HIZIR

• Others: Laser/RF, ASW Jammer, DG

Others:

• 20 tonnes of JP5 aviation fuel
• In-air-refueling capability
• Deck and hangar to accommodate helicopters and UAVs

Exp. Price:

325 million USD.

img_2714-1.jpg

16 ASHMs and 64 SAMs and the displacement is still 3K tons and price ~ 300mils :yahoo:. Sounds too good to be true for a corvette or light frigate ... but then I am not an expert. Anyway do you know how many CIWS are installed in the standard config (looks like 1x)?

Regards

Well since us Pakistani likes oily things, we would like some katlama or katmer

And if pakistan doesnot acquire milgem II should we come after you with Soutti in our hands ?
I could understand a Chinese frigate with VLS being selected over the Istanbul-class (MILGEM-G), but I would not be able to comprehend the notion of PN ordering the Ada-class (MILGEM). Lol... it would be irrational because that would basically force them to either buy the Chinese frigate anyways, or stick it without meaningful AAW at all.

As for long range SAM vessels, the Type 057 seems to be the best bet. Likely, given the soze. Of the vessel, it could potentially field HQ9 in the 16 cell aft vls. If you compate thos thing to the IN ships, it would be more than a match for major surface ship IN fields with respect to air defense (though many of the larger destroyer size ships carry more AShM
I would prefer investing in compact long-range SAM analogous to the Barak-8 (be it off-the-shelf or investing in the Chinese, Turks or South Africans). Perhaps procure the MILGEM-G or upgraded F-22P with CAMM or DK-10, respectively, and then wait it out for the Hisar-U or upgraded DK-10?

16 ASHMs and 64 SAMs and the displacement is still 3K tons and price ~ 300mils :yahoo:. Sounds too good to be true for a corvette or light frigate ... but then I am not an expert. Anyway do you know how many CIWS are installed in the standard config (looks like 1x)?

Regards

From the look of the MILGEM-G model there only appears to be one at the rear (either missile or gatling based), however, i would be had pressed to believe they could not find a location for another ciws.

I could understand a Chinese frigate with VLS being selected over the Istanbul-class (MILGEM-G), but I would not be able to comprehend the notion of PN ordering the Ada-class (MILGEM). Lol... it would be irrational because that would basically force them to either buy the Chinese frigate anyways, or stick it without meaningful AAW at all.

I would prefer investing in compact long-range SAM analogous to the Barak-8 (be it off-the-shelf or investing in the Chinese, Turks or South Africans). Perhaps procure the MILGEM-G or upgraded F-22P with CAMM or DK-10, respectively, and then wait it out for the Hisar-U or upgraded DK-10?

I agree that a MILGEM Blk 1 is out of the question if you want to be practical. If the PN selects it, i can guarantee there is some fishy business going on. The MILGEM-G on the other hand comports itself well when compared to IN frigates and it is more heavily armed than Tulwar class (= number of AShM but MILGEM-G will carry more SAMs) and is as heavily armed as shivalik class of IN both of which are significantly larger at 4 and 6,000 t respectively amd are well designed modern guided missile frigates/destroyers.

That being said, i would hope that the two designs (Turkish amd Chinese) will not be mutually exclusive. I think given the size of the type 057, i would use it as a command ship as it would be the largedt surface combatant ever fielded by PN and would appear to have the best sensor suite. Going for 4 MILGEM-G for 1.2-1.5bln and 2 type 057 (probably at $800M total) would not be unreasonable. Upgrade the sensors and weapons of F-22p (hopefully with a vls overhaul or if not, with replacing fm90 with 2 fl3000n (24 cells each) and you are in good shape. Buy 3 remaining Adelaides as a stop gap as they probably have another 15-20 yrs if you dp a sensor update. Thats 14 surface ships with medium range air defense.

As far as long range missile goes, i prefer the longer ranged hhq9 (200km) over a barak 8 (100km) style missile. The closest you would find is Aster 30 or maybe CAMM-ER. But you will a) limit your range and hense reaction time against something like brahmos, and b) havimg a mix of low/medium/long range missiles when you medium range ones are quad packed lends greater flexibility and more missiles, which is why UK will replace a number of Aster 15 with CAMM (sea ceptor). Its not just a range game to counter enemy missiles but a numbers one. The goal os to overcome the threat from saturation style attacks from 3-4 missiles. You dont want have 32 100km missiles and be stuck holding your balls because at a time of war you ran out of missiles. 16 long range, 128 medium range and 24 short range missiles amd 2 gatling style ciws would be a very capable defense against saturation attacks.

Would be a total waste of man skills and resources at KS&EW . This shipyard has a history of building large merchant navy ships and have been building Sino descent Type 053/054 Zulfikar class GP Frigaes and Azmat class FAC with TOT. Pak engineers will never develop confidence unless project is undertaken using own resources. We are not GCC to afford a buying spree of off the shelf big ticket items.

Would be a total waste of man skills and resources at KS&EW . This shipyard has a history of building large merchant navy ships and have been building Sino descent Type 053/054 Zulfikar class GP Frigaes and Azmat class FAC with TOT. Pak engineers will never develop confidence unless project is undertaken using own resources. We are not GCC to afford a buying spree of off the shelf big ticket items.

o_O what? So you are saying that a 560t high tech stealth corvette would be a waste of time for KS&EW? This vessel is faster amd carries more weaponry amd better technology than both Azmat (which is the same size but slower amd less stealthy) and carries equivalent firepower in the Antishipping amd anti-air variety. It would be the first truely modern vessel built at KS&EW.

o_O what? So you are saying that a 560t high tech stealth corvette would be a waste of time for KS&EW? This vessel is faster amd carries more weaponry amd better technology than both Azmat (which is the same size but slower amd less stealthy) and carries equivalent firepower in the Antishipping amd anti-air variety. It would be the first truely modern vessel built at KS&EW.
No, Sir, you might have read too quickly! I argued PN should build these supposedly considered FAC locally at KS&EW and not buy off the shelf.

No, Sir, you might have read too quickly! I argued PN should build these supposedly considered FAC locally at KS&EW and not buy off the shelf.
What the Pakistan Navy buys is usually built at KSEW. Even the MILGEM it is negotiating for from Turkey, three of four of the ships will be built in Pakistan. It would be the same story with the new FACs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom