What's new

Turkey’s rapprochement with Syria leaves regional refugees fearful

Finally sense prevailing. Hopefully both countries can reconcile differences and peace prevails in wartorn region for people

They say unofficially inflation has reached about 200%

But how,man? The SAA has depleted its manpower. It lacks a lot of equipment. The SDF with the help of Americans control a huge part in the east,along with the majority of the oilfields.

The saa has been more or less idle for the past few years. They have actually heavily rebuilt their forces in the meantime

If turkey stops supporting the terorrists they will collapse intantly

As for the kurds. They dont have a snowballs chance in hell. As they will be facing the combined wrath of syria russia turkey and Iran.

The US position in syria is extremely weak. Last time Iran wanted to force the US / France out of lebanon. Iran slauthered hundredds of french/american troops in a single strike. Which forced them both into a humiliating retreat.

And that was when Iran was a weak country in all out war. And the US was at its prime, with cowboy reagan as their president

Iran will throw the americans out of syria. Its only a matter of time, and the americans know it as well. Iran is not afraid of sending american occupying troops back home in bodybags

The saa has been more or less idle for the past few years. They have actually heavily rebuilt their forces in the meantime

If turkey stops supporting the terorrists they will collapse intantly

As for the kurds. They dont have a snowballs chance in hell. As they will be facing the combined wrath of syria russia turkey and Iran.

The US position in syria is extremely weak. Last time Iran wanted to force the US / France out of lebanon. Iran slauthered hundredds of french/american troops in a single strike. Which forced them both into a humiliating retreat.

And that was when Iran was a weak country in all out war. And the US was at its prime, with cowboy reagan as their president

Iran will throw the americans out of syria. Its only a matter of time, and the americans know it as well. Iran is not afraid of sending american occupying troops back home in bodybags
The Kurds should agree to some federal State or automous status or at least something that would unify the country without having the Kurds nagging against central authority. But the problem is the Arabs of the SDF,because they would probably not accept the Syrian government to rule them again. But they need to unite again,if they want to have a chance against any future Erdogan invasion or terrorists.

The Kurds should agree to some federal State or automous status or at least something that would unify the country without having the Kurds nagging against central authority. But the problem is the Arabs of the SDF,because they would probably not accept the Syrian government to rule them again. But they need to unite again,if they want to have a chance against any future Erdogan invasion or terrorists.

Arabs in ypg occupied areas are actually pro-government. When the government left the kurdish areas in the height of the war such as hasakah and qamishli. The arabs there became fanatically pro-government. They cut out their own stuff enclave, plastered the place with syrian flags/assad pictures and have maintained ties to the government to this day.

The syrian state will never forget the ypg betrayal. Which included handing over syrian army officers that had fled into ypg held territory to terrorists for execution.

The hammer fist of karma wil be coming down on this entity

Lol, mighty assad is getting harder to breathe...

Russia is leaving the shithole and have to try solve the problem in Ukraine. No SAM systems anymore fore Assad, they are now in Ukraine ahahahah....

1661805377076.png

Not sure if this is some racist remark, but regardless since you are trying to be provocative, I will take up the offer. I've looked at the Lira;USD chart lately, and it is impressive to not be under sanctions and still butcher your currency by 400% in 4 years. Quite impressive. How did Erdogan manage to destroy peoples life savings like that?

These same poorsions have bought millions of properties in Turkey fyi. The irony is the Iranians are the biggest purchasers of property in Turkey (foreign buyers) making big bucks with this Erdogan caused inflation. I hope Turkish people will vote him out and bring in a new party that actually wishes to turn Turkey into Germany, instead of turning Turkey into Syria. Turkey has alot of potential but not with Erdogan, and not with the demographic destabilization he has created.

Lol, mighty assad is getting harder to breathe...

Russia is leaving the shithole and have to try solve the problem in Ukraine. No SAM systems anymore fore Assad, they are now in Ukraine ahahahah....

View attachment 874841
I am about 99% sure you hate Syrian refugees but also wish more destruction in Syria, which will create more that want to go to Turkey. Make up your mind. You want peace and re-settlement of Syrian refugees? Or do you want more?

US will have to leave Syria eventually. In such prospects the SDF will have to make a settlement with the SAA, and Russia, otherwise risk destruction by TFSA + Turkey. So both the Turks, Russians and Iranian have incentive for the US to leave, but what happens after is very dangerous.

SDF should cash their cards in now before they are put in a compromised position or risk big.

Last edited:
They say unofficially inflation has reached about 200%
In the last 1 year in Germany;

▪️Natural gas hike: + 300% (and rising)
▪️Electricity hike: 210%
▪️Gasoline hike: 95%

▪️But Official Announced inflation: 7.6%

Even in public transport, 9€ subscription cards have been removed, monthly cards are now around 80 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Is the situation different in Greece? Not. You are worse off than Germany.

You are not questioning the inflation data in Germany, but you say that the rate realized in Turkiye is twice(even more) the data. The price inflation baskets of both countries are almost the same, and the supervising institutions are the same.

The PDF has really turn into a garbage dump. Amid the stupid daily rhetorics of ignorant people and the user accounts used for ideological and pure propaganda purposes, the number of people who write really valuable and information-based things are disappearing.

Last edited:
In the last 1 year in Germany;

▪️Natural gas hike: + 300% (and rising)
▪️Electricity hike: 210%
▪️Gasoline hike: 95%

▪️But Official Announced inflation: 7.6%

Even in public transport, 9€ subscription cards have been removed, monthly cards are now around 80 euros if I'm not mistaken.

Is the situation different in Greece? Not. You are worse off than Germany.

You are not questioning the inflation data in Germany, but you say that the rate realized in Turkiye is twice(even more) the data. The price inflation baskets of both countries are almost the same, and the supervising institutions are the same.
Do you compare Germany's economy with Turkey's? And Germany industrial capacity with Turkey's?

The PDF has really turn into a garbage dump. Amid the stupid daily rhetorics of ignorant people and the user accounts used for ideological and pure propaganda purposes, the number of people who write really valuable and information-based things are disappearing.
It is ultra-nationalistic buffoons like MMM-E and Oublious who provoke such replies and behavior. Unless of course you condone their style of posting and the constant bragging and projection of Turkey as a military giant who can't be defeated by anyone.

Do you compare Germany's economy with Turkey's? And Germany industrial capacity with Turkey's?

It is ultra-nationalistic buffoons like MMM-E and Oublious who provoke such replies and behavior. Unless of course you condone their style of posting and the constant bragging and projection of Turkey as a military giant who can't be defeated by anyone.
The real buffoonery is trying to make propaganda with numbers and claims that are not. You did the same in another thread, I wrote an answer for you for half an hour by search some data, but here you act the same. You claimed again that there is '200% inflation in Turkey', and I shared the official inflation rate and energy, transportation and housing related increases in Germany in the last year. The price inflation baskets of both countries are almost the same and the inspections of the institutions are subject to the same higher authorities. What I am comparing is not industrial capacities, but price increases, you should put this disinformative style aside.

I am concerned with my own writing, the other parties of the subject are the responsibility of their interlocutors. I've never written anything in the way you claim here, so this arguing style is just another type of buffoonery.

Regarding my own writing: Again, I am not comparing the industrial capacity of Germany and Turkiye. However, to say a few words about the Turkish economy, you need to have more than an only inflation rate. Basicly, the Turkish economy is in a transformation, moving to a completely new model. It is not easy and it needs some sacrifices.

So naturally , when i saw this kind of stuff, I'm really wondering, with which macroeconomic parameter is the inflation data supported, and thus it is claimed that the Turkish economy is sinking?

Public debt to GDP ratio?
Annual workforce growth rate?
Number of annual new business establishments rate?
Export and tourism revenues increase rates?
Industry capacity utilization and annual capacity increase?
Annual R&D expenditures and product-value indices?
Annual rates of education and health infrastructure investments?
Annual private sector fixed investments?
Annual profit rates and corporate strengths of the banking sector?

I can extract dozens of other data like this one that meet the Maastricht criteria, and also outperform some of Europe's major economies. Despite all the extraordinary problems Turkiye has faced in the last 10 years, it has been able to maintain its balance in almost all of these areas; unlike Spain, Italy and so on.

The problems created by the currency devaluation are undeniable. But those who try to read the whole economy with this are clearly doing nothing but propaganda. Difficulties in purchasing power are still more manageable than in most European countries. Look at the situation in which countries such as the Netherlands and Germany, where economic planning is considered successful, fell only with Ukraine-Russia war, after an outbreak. Today, the bazaars and shops in Edirne are literally plundered by the Bulgarians especially. Nothing different at, Van, Artvin, Istanbul etc. With energy increases and living conditions worsening in Europe, more than 1 million people are expected for long term/seasonal accommodation during the Winter months, from germany and similiar countries. There may difficult conditions for the low-income in Turkiye, but the the situation is not good in all europe either.

On the more macro and industrial production side of things, company balance sheets are breaking records every month. How can the stock market of a failing country make ATH every week? The GDP share of net operating surplus/mixed income, which can be defined as the profit of enterprises, increased from 47.6 percent in the previous quarter, to 49.2 percent in the same quarter of the previous year, to 54.0 percent in this quarter.

Let's discuss income inequality together. This is a really important issue. But even here we are no worse off than, for example USA or many other developed country.

Turkiye is a country accustomed to living with this inflation problem. It has entered a spiral of hyperinflation many times throughout its history, up to %. But this time, the current economic/industrial/financial conditions, are very different from the previous periods (90s, 70s etc.) The Turkish economy is preparing to make a much bigger leap than the 2005-2015 period. The upcoming elections are important in terms of overcoming political uncertainty. Anyone who has a little brains on economic issues and follows multiple data on the Turkish economy will reach this conclusion. Inflation is not an insurmountable problem, and in fact, this is not the main problem of the Turkish economy. Inflation, which was 115.6% in 1980, dropped to 21.9% at the end of 1982. Inflation, which rose to 126% in 1995, was reduced to single digits within 7-8 years. However, this time, unlike the past, the economic model in Turkiye is also changing. We are trying to solve our main and biggest problem and, strangely enough, none of the PDF members who have expressed their views on the Turkish economy yet have the awareness to write anything about what is the main problem of the Turkish economy. Anyways...

Last edited:
The real buffoonery is trying to make propaganda with numbers and claims that are not. You claimed that there is 200% inflation in Turkey, and I shared the official inflation rate and energy, transportation and housing related increases in Germany in the last year. The price increase and inflation baskets of both countries are almost the same and the inspections of the institutions are subject to the same higher authorities. What I am comparing is not industrial capacities, but price increases, you should put this disinformative style aside.

I am concerned with my own writing, the other parties of the subject are the responsibility of their interlocutors. I've never written anything in the way you claim here, so this arguing style is just another type of buffoonery.

Regarding my own writing: Again, I am not comparing the industrial capacity of Germany and Turkiye. However, to say a few words about the Turkish economy, you need to have more than an only inflation rate. Basicly, the Turkish economy is in a transformation, moving to a completely new model. It is not easy and it needs some sacrifices.

So naturally , when i saw this kind of stuff, I'm really wondering, with which macroeconomic parameter is the inflation data supported, and thus it is claimed that the Turkish economy is sinking?

Public debt to GDP ratio?
Annual workforce growth rate?
Number of annual new business establishments rate?
Export and tourism revenues increase rates?
Industry capacity utilization and annual capacity increase?
Annual R&D expenditures and product-value indices?
Annual rates of education and health infrastructure investments?
Annual private sector fixed investments?
Annual profit rates and corporate strengths of the banking sector?

I can extract dozens of other data like this one that meet the Maastricht criteria, and also outperform some of Europe's major economies. Despite all the extraordinary problems Turkiye has faced in the last 10 years, it has been able to maintain its balance in almost all of these areas; unlike Spain, Italy and so on.

The problems created by the currency devaluation are undeniable. But those who try to read the whole economy with this are clearly doing nothing but propaganda. Difficulties in purchasing power are still more manageable than in most European countries. Look at the situation in which countries such as the Netherlands and Germany, where economic planning is considered successful, fell only with Ukraine-Russia war, after an outbreak. Today, the bazaars and shops in Edirne are literally plundered by the Greeks and especially the Bulgarians. Nothing different at, Van, Artvin, Istanbul etc.

On the more macro and industrial production side of things, company balance sheets are breaking records every month. How can the stock market of a failing country make ATH every week? The GDP share of net operating surplus/mixed income, which can be defined as the profit of enterprises, increased from 47.6 percent in the previous quarter, to 49.2 percent in the same quarter of the previous year, to 54.0 percent in this quarter.

Let's discuss income inequality together. This is a really important issue. But even here we are no worse off than, for example USA or many other developed country.

Turkiye is a country accustomed to living with this inflation problem. It has entered a spiral of hyperinflation many times throughout its history, up to %. But this time, the current economic/industrial/financial conditions, are very different from the previous periods (90s, 70s etc.) The Turkish economy is preparing to make a much bigger leap than the 2005-2015 period. The upcoming elections are important in terms of overcoming political uncertainty. Anyone who has a little brains on economic issues and follows multiple data on the Turkish economy will reach this conclusion. Inflation is not an insurmountable problem, and in fact, this is not the main problem of the Turkish economy. Inflation, which was 115.6% in 1980, dropped to 21.9% at the end of 1982. Inflation, which rose to 126% in 1995, was reduced to single digits within 7-8 years. However, this time, unlike the past, the economic model in Turkiye is also changing. We are trying to solve our main and biggest problem and, strangely enough, none of the PDF members who have expressed their views on the Turkish economy yet have the awareness to write anything about what is the main problem of the Turkish economy. Anyways...
Is there or is there not a 150% rate of inflation unofficially? At least 150% let's say.

Do you or do you not admit that the Turkish people have been having great difficulties with food prices,housing prices and salaries,generally with the increase in prices? It's a simple question. Do you think it's prude for the Turkish government to spend billions on aircraft carriers,submarines,ballistic missiles and megaprojects,while people are angry about the inflation?

Yes,you are responsible only for what you write,but I haven't seen you condemn MMM-E's ridiculous ranting and Oublious' ultra-nationalistic boasting. On the contrary,I had condemned Apollon's posts numerous times on the forum.

Is there or is there not a 150% rate of inflation unofficially? At least 150% let's say.

Do you or do you not admit that the Turkish people have been having great difficulties with food prices,housing prices and salaries,generally with the increase in prices? It's a simple question. Do you think it's prude for the Turkish government to spend billions on aircraft carriers,submarines,ballistic missiles and megaprojects,while people are angry about the inflation?

Yes,you are responsible only for what you write,but I haven't seen you condemn MMM-E's ridiculous ranting and Oublious' ultra-nationalistic boasting. On the contrary,I had condemned Apollon's posts numerous times on the forum.
Why do we assume 150? The rate is 79% in the consumer index on an annual basis, and it has been decreasing steadily for 3 months. while increasing in EU zone, due 'without Russia' winter

I didn't write anything about weapon purchases. Have you ever asked these questions for your own country? For every 10 euro my ministry spends, 8 unit of them returned to the country's economy. Your ministry's every 10 euros' 8-9 unit expenditure is going abroad.

Even when the Turkish budget approaches the point where it will have a current account surplus, defense expenditures cannot reach the 2% band. Turkiye's budget for the defense ministry hovers between 1.6% and 1.9 percent. 1/3 of Greece. What are you talking about?

In terms of household livelihood, In Turkiye, for example 1 kilo of tomatoes costs 0.3 euros, half kg bread ise 0,3 euro, even in local grocery stores. 2 euro minimum in most of Europe. The minimum wage is 360 euros, but the purchasing power is in line with it. Moreover, it cannot be compared with the Balkan countries, both the minimum wage level is the same and the purchasing power conditions are better than, for example, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece etc.. The problem is that in the past a family could live on 1 salary. Both spouses now have to join the workforce.

Increasing housing costs in big cities are related to the extraordinary migration. People come from Russia, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Bulgaria, Germany, Ukraine, Arab countries, Central Asia, Africa in large numbers from all over. In this regard, an additional social housing project of 500,000 houses for the low-income has started in the country. Currently, if I am not mistaken, much more housing has been distributed from that. It is not enough, but the country is trying to do something in proportion to its resources.

Of course, there are difficulties, what I want to say is that the low-income group is currently experiencing serious difficulties in every corner of the world, even in the most developed countries of Europe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom